Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody running 16x7 - What tire size do you have ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody running 16x7 - What tire size do you have ?

Hello , i just bought a set of wheels 16x7 im new to the 16's as im running 17's right now with 205-45-17
    what size do you guys think would go good with the 16x7's
    you guys got any pics ?

Tire size will greatly depend on what the offset of the 16x7 wheels are. For example, if they had an ET30 offset, anything more than a 205/45 will likely give you clearance problems, particularly with tires rubbing against the strut tube. Ideally, anything in the ET 24-26 range will let you run 215s or 225s in a 45-series. What brand of tire you go with will also determine what you can mount. Some tires, such as Toyo, tend to have a wider mid-section and thus their 215s could be as wide (or wider) than some brands 225s.

Another thing to consider is the year of your car. The earlier E30s, '87 and older, have higher wheels arches in back and allow you to stuff more tire inside them. Run a search....this topic has been covered pretty thoroughly in the past.

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Proper size shoud be 205/50 but like jon said, it all depends of the offset and such.

Brian

Comment

I ran 225-45-16's with et of 25 (both mm11 and bbs rk et35 w/10mm spacers.) I personally liked the avs100's on the street (good in wet) but was not overly pleased with them on the track....an are hard as hockey pucks when below freezing. got 10k miles before the camber killed em. I liked the sumitiomo's at the track (stunk in the rain) but they have been discontinued for a while.

rear fenders are rolled, not sure if you need to roll em with 225's though.

with the increased caster / camber of the offset m3 bushings, the tire was about 1/4" form hitting the inside plastic wheel lining when turning wheel.

cheers

Comment

225/45s here. Works great for the street and grip but 205s would be better for the track.
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
            225/45s here. Works great for the street and grip but 205s would be better for the track.
            'Splain yourself. Just too wide of a tire for the wheel, looking for less sidewall flop?

Comment

16x7

Final offset ET25

Tire Size: 205/50 Bridgestone Potenza RE750.

Aaron
              2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i
                Tire size will greatly depend on what the offset of the 16x7 wheels are. For example, if they had an ET30 offset, anything more than a 205/45 will likely give you clearance problems, particularly with tires rubbing against the strut tube. Ideally, anything in the ET 24-26 range will let you run 215s or 225s in a 45-series. What brand of tire you go with will also determine what you can mount. Some tires, such as Toyo, tend to have a wider mid-section and thus their 215s could be as wide (or wider) than some brands 225s.

Another thing to consider is the year of your car. The earlier E30s, '87 and older, have higher wheels arches in back and allow you to stuff more tire inside them. Run a search....this topic has been covered pretty thoroughly in the past.

Jon
                205/45 is too small, 205/50 is right about the stock size and won't give you rubbing issues unless you have like a ET35 rim.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
                  'Splain yourself. Just too wide of a tire for the wheel, looking for less sidewall flop?
                  Exactly. It doesnt roll out and leaves the sidewall under a little lateral stress. *To a point* its good, not like Andre liked though. If you run a wider tire like I have then you really need to pump them up to stiffen up the sidewall.

On my SSRs I am going to run a 205/50.
                  Im now E30less.
                  sigpic

Comment

205-50's its then . thanks you guys .

now i just have to decide on the brand .

Comment

Working...
                    X