Hartge wheels - centercaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hartge wheels - centercaps

A lot of guys are running these wheels without centercaps. Most of the threads say they do it because it looks better with the exposed lug or they didn't get the caps when they bought them.

I am working with a precision machinist on reproducing the Hartge "old style" wheel center cap. These are the ones that attach with the bolt through the cap NOT the clip ons. The original cap was plastic & has been NLA for a long time. I am looking at reproducing an almost exact copy of the original out of aluminum - it will have the raised center area where the round logo goes & the hole countersunk where the bolt goes in. They will be the raw aluminum in paint ready condition. All of this type cap was 6" in diameter - this was for one & three piece wheels 4 or 5 lug, 15", 16", 17", 18".

These will not be cheap but then the wheels weren't either. Bird's Co. is the Hartge distributor in England & he has a few sets of the OEM plastic caps that are new. He charges $220 for the set & shipping is another $70. We can make & ship them for a LOT less.

This thread is to see if their is any interest in this reproduction Hartge center cap. By listing your name & how many you would like, you are not committing to buy. This is only to see what the interest level is out there. No dreamers please, you should at least own a set of these wheels.

Thanks,

Jack

----NAME ----- # OF CENTER CAPS
    [I

Nice. Wish I still owned a set so that I could get these. Like 3 of the 4 had loose caps.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I need Snap in ones, both of my sets use this type. I have one set BUT the insert a huge line of exploitative has not resurfaced so I don't have mine back yet.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Nice to see this happening, pretty good idea. Hopefully you can get a decent amount of people. Thankfully, though, my set has all 4 snap in caps.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
        '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
        '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
        '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

I too have 4 snap in caps for my type A's. Does anyone know where you can get the Hartge logo's that go in the center of the cap? Two of mine are cracked and yellow.

Will the one-piece type A's accept the bolt on center caps? If so, I might be interested in a machined set.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnarles View Post
            I too have 4 snap in caps for my type A's. Does anyone know where you can get the Hartge logo's that go in the center of the cap? Two of mine are cracked and yellow.

Will the one-piece type A's accept the bolt on center caps? If so, I might be interested in a machined set.
            They will with a little DIY - you need to drill & tap the wheel center to take the 1/4" bolt that holds the cap on.
            [I

Comment

4 caps add me on

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
              1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

i'd like to get more information on these as well. i just picked up a set of 16 inch 1 piece Type As

Comment

So far, we have limited interest. Thanks to those that have expressed a closer look/see. I am going to let this thread go a litter longer to see if we can stir the pot a little. To make them cost efective, I'm thinking a minimum of 7 to 10 sets.

Jack
                  [I

Comment

Did you try posting this on other sites? S14 and mye28 would be two good ones. Maybe bigcoupe, also.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
                    '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

I would love four!
                      1986 RED ROSE (325es)

Comment

Im very interested in these, let me know if there'll be any progress

I need them very bad for my 3pcs Carlssons/Hartges

Comment

I finally have had some made up. Pictures are of the original 5 (1 as pattern). They are cnc machined & fit perfect. They are made out of billet aluminum rounds. The face has the exact concave machining as the original & the outlined/raised center is the exact size for the logo. The bolt hole is perfectly positioned. I am waiting on the logo to be finished which should not be long.

The caps will come in unpainted aluminum with the attaching 4 bolts & Hartge logos. That will allow for you to color match the centercap to the wheel. These are $250 per set + $15 shipping in the US. For shipping outside the US, pm me with specifics & I will get back to you with a shipping price. There is one Co. making similar caps in Europe - they are $300 a set + $38 shipping, no bolts, no logos.
                          These are 28% less + made in America.

I know this has taken a long time so lets start a new list of those that have an interest. If you want a set, PM me with the diameter of the cap your interested in.

Thanks,
                          Jack
                          Attached Files
                          [I

Comment

Front
                            Attached Files
                            [I

Comment

Wow, those look great. Nice job!

'09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Working...
                              X