Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any place to get a lower offset SSR Comp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any place to get a lower offset SSR Comp?

Im in a bit of a pickle about track wheels. I want light, fairly strong, and cheap 16s. I like the SSRs and they fit my criteria but TireRack only stocks wheels in ET35. I cant do long studs since the Alpinas are a correct fit and I dont want to do the 5lug since that rules out running 16s. I wish SpeedStars site worked or they spoke english so I could find out about ordering some in a proper offset.

What about other options? Panasports come in 16 with a RWD offset? I want light, dont care about looks since they are never getting washed.
    Im now E30less.
    sigpic

why not run spacers? something hubcentric from H&R ought to be fine.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
      Read his paragraph again.

Comment

Re: Any place to get a lower offset SSR Comp?

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
        I want light, fairly strong, and cheap 16s.
        The above is unfortunately an oxymoron for E30 fitment.

Try Kosei K-1s. Not really that cheap, but are light and strong. Although since you think SSRs are cheap, Koseis should be a perfect fit.

Comment

Originally posted by alex
          Try Kosei K-1s. Not really that cheap, but are light and strong. Although since you think SSRs are cheap, Koseis should be a perfect fit.
          You reminded me:

15X7 BLANKS ET17 SIL K1 RACING
          15X7 BLANKS ET27 SIL K1 RACING
          15X7 BLANKS ET38 SIL K1 RACING
          15X7 BLANKS ET45 SIL K1 RACING
          15X8 BLANKS ET12 SIL K1 RACING
          15X8 BLANKS ET22 SIL K1 RACING
          16X7.5 BLANK ET12 K1 RACING *
          16X7.5 BLANK ET22 K1 RACING *
          16X7.5 BLANK ET32 K1 RACING *
          16X7.5 BLANK ET43 K1 RACING *
          16X8.5 BLANK ET17 K1 RACING *
          16X8.5 BLANK ET27 K1 RACING *

Ryan, call Tirerack.

Comment

Panasports would look dead sexy.
            Trevor Ely
            '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
            '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
              Read his paragraph again.
              I read it.. it didn't say anything about spacers. :roll:

I understand this is for track use, but as long as it's done properly I don't see the issue.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I read it.. it didn't say anything about spacers. :roll:

I understand this is for track use, but as long as it's done properly I don't see the issue.
                Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                I cant do long studs since the Alpinas are a correct fit
                It's that simple. He has studs in, and he cannot install longer ones or else the caps on the Alpinas will not go on.

Sometimes you need to get off your high horse, man.

Comment

sorry, I didn't realize he already had studs, I thought he just meant that he couldn't use long ones. sheesh...

my high horse? laf...
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I bought a set of 16"x7" Team Dynamics Pro Race 2. They took forever to show up, then were not bored correctly for the car. They are very light and will make the correct fitment for the E30. When I sent the wheels back, it was going to be another several months to get another set made and delivered (come out of England) so I got my money back. The dealer for the US is a pretty good guy, and I would buy them again. Maybe if a few of us get together and order them they can get the order right and done quicker. They were around $125 ea.

They made them in a 15mm offset for me, but can also do 25mm.

Comment

Originally posted by coupeowner
                      I bought a set of 16"x7" Team Dynamics Pro Race 2.

They made them in a 15mm offset for me, but can also do 25mm.
                      http://www.bimmerworld.com also carries Team Dynamics' product line.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
                        16X8.5 BLANK ET27 K1 RACING *

Mmmmmm :)

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

They arent much heavier yeah. By cheap I guess I meant $350 or less a wheel.

I know SSR makes 16x7 in 30 which should be fine since my Alpinas are 16x7 in 28 but the only listing for the 16x7 I saw on TireRack was the +35. The S30 shouldnt be a problem since I will be running 205s most likely, the 35 would crash into the strut. I really, really, like the weight. I know they arent the strongest wheel out there but the best I am gonna get for $330 a wheel. I just want to find a place that stocks the +30s. Preferably the grey but it doesnt much matter since they will be flat black anyway.

Where in the hell do you find panasports? I guess I'll start asking the Vintage guys, I know they all run those on thier Alfas.
                          Im now E30less.
                          sigpic

Comment

if you find any let us know.. not planning on buying some anytime soon, but I'd much rather have an ET30 wheel than ET35 and these wheels tickle my fancy. ;)
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Can you guys get Buddy Club wheels in the US? I'd imagine they'd be pretty popular with the jap tuners.

They make a wheel called the P1 Racing in 16x7 ET20 4x100 which should be a perfect fit. Dunno what size the centre bore is.

They're not too expensive over here in Oz, pretty light too.

Comment

Working...
                              X