16" alpinas. best offset question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
    Oh, ok. Nevermind, I was about to totally lose interest.

So about how much of a lip would these have in 16x8? That's one of the things I hate about the Kopis, is that there's no lip, when the real 16" Alpinas have a decent one.
    as much as you can get away with since the centers can be placed anywhere inside the barrel. its really just limited by what offset you can run. i will post some pics of the hoops when i get back from h20 so people can get an idea of what we are going to be doing. i think the step creates a minimum of a 1" lip.

Comment

Levent, email sent. thanx!

Comment

please make sure these will be able to fit an iX! I won't mind running spacers if need be.
        www.instagram.com/snwmble
        #snwmble

Current:
        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Would anyone be interested in M-systems T-star reps in a 17 inch 4 lug? I'm sure it might be feasible but we need to generate interest first. The only thing coming close is the 16 inch Alpha M5S which are NLA.

Lets see what happens with the alpinas but now would be the time to ask. Thank you.

Last edited by Javier h; 09-23-2010, 09:47 AM.

Comment

yes.

Comment

I hate to rain on the parade, but..

Before everyone gets super excited, i think you might want to post a rough price target. Custom offset forged center wheels, if yours are priced anything like others, will most likely be way way above what r3v usually spends on wheels..

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                I hate to rain on the parade, but..

Before everyone gets super excited, i think you might want to post a rough price target. Custom offset forged center wheels, if yours are priced anything like others, will most likely be way way above what r3v usually spends on wheels..
                He said $1000 a few posts back.
                cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                  He said $1000 a few posts back.

Well if i can hit that, more power to him.

Comment

hoops are in and first set is underway. The price should be very close to 1000/1100 with painted center and polished lip. Also u can get a full polish for 200 extra. The first set is 16x8 et20 and et5 with brilliant silver center/polished lip. Should be finished within 2 weeks from today..

Comment

OMG I am giddy as a schoolgirl

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                        OMG I am giddy as a schoolgirl
                        +1

:giggle:
                        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

in for pics, I know Levant and myself have been searching for 8" Alpinas for ages, wont give up my real alpinas but it may be a nice switch up wheel.

Comment

wheels...

man..just when I think I can stop spending.....Im pulled back in.
                            And this w/ the Compo. wheel deal going on.

Sounds fantastic..........I hope the centers look correct.

What size tires are you all running w/ 16s....?...I know track r tires are limited.

AND WHAT ARE WEIGHTS OF THE WHEELS??????????????
                            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                              Open with caps to cover the hub bore. Covers would be more bits to make, keep them open for now.
                              ditto.
                              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

not sure on weight. I should know close to what the final weight is after a center is machined out. Also just got some 17x8 hoops in so we can do those depending how everything goes. For those that wanna get wild we will have 17x9.5 barrels as well to do a staggered set. Now back to the 16's....I am having one made first and will post a pic to make sure its very close to the original, if not spot on. I really wish we had a genuine one to copy and if someone wanted to borrow one out with a deposit that'd be great! :)

Comment

Working...
                                X