always getting passed on highway ?!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

always getting passed on highway ?!!?

Well for some time now I've been wondering why the hell I'm getting passed on the highway, or my ass'end tailgated ??? At times I heard the joke in the back of my head that Ive read sooo many times before, ...."the common mini-van has more hp than your m42" haha. Damn, do I drive that slow, or is everyone around me in a big fuckin hurry ? I try to c-r-u-i-s-e the speed limit or at least I thought I was. I busted out the ol 1997 hand held garmin and clocked myself on the way to work this morning. Looks like my speedo is 5mph faster than its acutally reading. So Ive been cruising around doing 50 or 60 mph at best and here I thought I was speeding. I guess the 205/60/14 tires Im riding on arent true to spec size ?? Oh well, at least I know to speed it up a little
    [sigpic

People tail gate me all the time which bother me alot.What i do is drive like a grandma to piss them off.

Comment

LOL People are stupid.Just ignore assholes who tailgate
      or let them pass and tailgate them in return
      (whatever you feel like at the moment)! :P

N.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
      It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
      you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

If you live in California and drive anything under 80 mph then you will be tailgated or pulled over by the CHP for impeding traffic flow. Just FYI.....
        sigpic
        "But the way it deals with bumps and heaves makes you think the shocks are filled with unicorn farts and pixie tears."

Comment

Originally posted by handysmurf59 View Post
          If you live in California and drive anything under 80 mph then you will be tailgated or pulled over by the CHP for impeding traffic flow. Just FYI.....
          is why California suck balls.

Comment

Yep. My car has 205/60-14 tires as well and I noticed that an indicated 65 mph didn't seem to be keeping up with traffic like it normally would. I doubt it will get any better if I go with 225/45-15's... oh well...
            '88 325is: Diamond Schwartz; 210K miles; Koni SA; H&R springs; poly bushings (sold)
            '03 TDi Wagon; 5 spd (Ho-hum DD; 326K miles and counting...)
            '64 Morris Mini Cooper (w/e vintage toy #1)
            '72 Triumph GT6 (w/e vintage toy #2)
            '73 Volvo 1800ES (future vintage restomod project)

Comment

larger tires make your speedo less conservative, not more.

also 205/60-14 is the same diamter as stock, unless you have an '84 which came iwth 195/60s
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by immajackuup View Post
                is why California suck balls.
                Yeah I wanna drive 50 on the freeway too

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                Instagram:
                https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                LS Build Thread:
                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Originally posted by immajackuup View Post
                  People tail gate me all the time which bother me alot.What i do is drive like a grandma to piss them off.
                  Ahhhh, I do that too!!

REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

i usually drive with my two hand on the wheel and very close to the windsheild during city driving.
                    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
                      i usually drive with my two hand on the wheel and very close to the windsheild during city driving.
                      doesnt everyone?

" WHY DO YOU NEED 300HP TO DO THE SPEED LIMIT?"

Comment

Originally posted by handysmurf59 View Post
                        This is so true.:up:
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by a3ternus View Post
                          LOL People are stupid.Just ignore assholes who tailgate
                          or let them pass and tailgate them in return
                          (whatever you feel like at the moment)! :P
                          Yeah, good idea, flash your brights at them too when they pass!

Or you could just let them go about at their own speed rather than driving like an idiot.
                          -Mike

Comment

or if you have a gun shoot them in the head as they pass you.

wait, wrong thread
                            Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
                            Originally posted by J3M93
                            This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Originally posted by MPD47 View Post
                              Yeah, good idea, flash your brights at them too when they pass!

Or you could just let them go about at their own speed rather than driving like an idiot.
                              LOL I was joking man! Relax!
                              N.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
                              It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
                              you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

Working...
                              X