LAX Wheel Refinishing in LA fill and re-drill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAX Wheel Refinishing in LA fill and re-drill

I just called yesterday and they won't do a fill and re-drill anymore on the e38 style 5s without adding material to the center bore also. The re-drilled holes get too close to the stock center bore and the walls are too thin between them. They say it's a safety issue. They say they can add material to the center but they didn't specify what bore size.

Has anyone had this done by them recently? I've seen their work on fill and re-drills before and it looks quality. I'm wondering if they do the centerbore correctly too to 57.1mm. Pictures would be great!

phreshkid hat it done but they did not do it to a 57.1. Seems like the just added some tubing they had in stock.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Waaait, how much extra would they charge for that?

Originally posted by yert315
      Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Originally posted by howdyhoayman View Post
        Waaait, how much extra would they charge for that?
        $25 more per wheel

Comment

I was the last person to do a fill/drill when one of my wheels got destroyed. I was there last week and the new price is $100/wheel.

Everything you said is true and accurate.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
            I was the last person to do a fill/drill when one of my wheels got destroyed. I was there last week and the new price is $100/wheel.

Everything you said is true and accurate.

Can you post some pictures of their work?
            They quoted me $60 fill and re-drill + $25 for the extra center bore work. So $85 each wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by m_dudey View Post
              Can you post some pictures of their work?
              They quoted me $60 fill and re-drill + $25 for the extra center bore work. So $85 each wheel.
              Yeah when I'm near the wheel I will. I was with the dude(Jose?) picking uo my wheel when he told me and said it's going to be $100 and I told him everyone is going to run away lol.

He said it wasn't going to be an option though; they are going to do it for safety reasons as you mentioned :0

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

They are good but they don't understand centerbore dimensions and how serious they are. I had a set of e39 style 5s filled in to the top and redrilled and they did an alright job but they cut through the centerbore a bit. They went ahead and added extra metal to the centerbore at the bottom where it mates to the hub but instead of giving me 57.1mm like I had specifically asked and wrote in emails, they gave me some mystery diameter that I now have to have custom hubcentric rings made for. Not a terribly big deal, just terribly inconvenient and time consuming.
                world renown Harry Potter expert
                sigpic

Comment

I've got my calipers in my car if you want to measure. Then you can order from discount tires like mr325 said.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                    They are good but they don't understand centerbore dimensions and how serious they are. I had a set of e39 style 5s filled in to the top and redrilled and they did an alright job but they cut through the centerbore a bit. They went ahead and added extra metal to the centerbore at the bottom where it mates to the hub but instead of giving me 57.1mm like I had specifically asked and wrote in emails, they gave me some mystery diameter that I now have to have custom hubcentric rings made for. Not a terribly big deal, just terribly inconvenient and time consuming.

that's exactly what I'm afraid of. I could give them the dimension of 57.1mm but I'm afraid they might not get it right. I even thought about creating a drawing with dimensions on there but it's still iffy.

Hmm, guess I'm waiting on AK's reply and pictures of his wheels.

Comment

I gave them a cad drawing years ago and gave him a cad file for hubcentric spacers. Nothing ever came of it.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Damn, a shop down here in San Diego drills for $130 for all 4, fill of course will cost a bit more.
                        Originally posted by audiquattrot
                        bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
                        1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
                        2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
                        1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
                        2006 CBR600RR

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                          I've got my calipers in my car if you want to measure. Then you can order from discount tires like mr325 said.
                          I will take you up on that after this thanksgiving. I'm going out to buy a nice jack and some jackstands, along with necessary hand tools for all around automotive situations.

I would love to have measuring calipers that can fit in the wheel and be able to measure the centerbore for each wheel (I hope to god that they are at least all equal in diameter) and then put in a custom order for what I need.
                          world renown Harry Potter expert
                          sigpic

Comment

a hundred bones/wheel? fuuck my life. abby since you're so buddybuddy with 'em are you sure it's a hundred?

Originally posted by yert315
                            Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Originally posted by howdyhoayman View Post
                              a hundred bones/wheel? fuuck my life. abby since you're so buddybuddy with 'em are you sure it's a hundred?
                              Yeah, I even asked him in shock about 3 times and he said yeah considering the extra work they'll do in the centerbore.

I'll be going back in the near future for things he owes me and I'll talk to him again about it. 100 is absurd.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X