why I don't like stance
Collapse
X
-
I can barely turn my car ever and i have to change my wheel bearings every 5000 miles. -
What I like?





I like the form of function, especially in race cars. I like plenty of low, on a nice square setup. I can dig stance, but not all kinds. Here is a stanced car I do like:

Studs, plenty of front camber, enough rear camber. Yes the tires are stretched but it sits more like a race car.Leave a comment:
-
This isn't a direct stab at you at all or anything you said, I just want to point out that those who are functional do not have to make such drastic measures to attain good performance.
R3v problem: "M20's are so slow, I need a 24V swap"
functional solution: remove your 23 LB BBS knockoffs for a light set of wheels,
... and so forthLeave a comment:
-
-
i would have to agree that e30's with mexi poke and insane amount of camber looks a little rediculous.... i think the square body and angled tires dont contrast well...
but on some of the rounder newer japanese cars... they look pretty sweet.. and some of those guys those cars are their DDs... those guys have some balls to do that...Leave a comment:
-
I run a 215 so they fit in my wheel arches, a 225 is only a little wider...Leave a comment:
-
whats the point of running a 9in. wide wheel if you only gonna run a 215 tire? at least go 225, i have a buddy who i drift with that runs 17x9s with a 215 on his s13. i cant understand it. besides the tire fitment your car looks dope bro!Grow a pair, 16x9 215/40R16 on both cars. Grip for days and daily driven. Both are on BC coilovers with Full shock travel!.
Oh dont worry the front is coming down even more. Swapping from 200mm springs to 160mm.
If you dont like stance then show me what your dream e30 looks like? Better yet your own.Leave a comment:
-
Yes I do. Its not a racecar, its a 20 year old car thats fun to drive.Leave a comment:
-
you mean lower it another inch to increase bumpsteer and screw up the camber curves even more? that's pretty functional. :pLeave a comment:
-
The meaning of stance is debated highly, I would say your wheels fit well but not technically stanced. What you have is a well lowered car that fits the wheels you have. If you were stanced it would be a tad lower up front and maybe a little stretch so you could turn and deter some rubbing. I am no expert I just go with what I think looks good and is still functional.Leave a comment:
-
See Sig...Grow a pair, 16x9 215/40R16 on both cars. Grip for days and daily driven. Both are on BC coilovers with Full shock travel!.


Oh dont worry the front is coming down even more. Swapping from 200mm springs to 160mm.

If you dont like stance then show me what your dream e30 looks like? Better yet your own.
Not sure of it's what would be called stanced (tbh, I don't even know what category my car would fit into). 17x8 235 40 up front and 245 40 in the rear, roughly 70mm down from stock, and full suspension travel. Only reason my fenders are rolled and pulled was to fit an aggressive wheel/tyre setup with my brake/suspension setup. E36 up front AP brakes, m3 rear on e46 callipers disks.
What "name2 would I fall into??Leave a comment:
-
why? I am at et5 out back so the wheel is basically centered on the hub. Lookup e30trash, he ran 40mil adapters. I feel like that would wreck wheel bearings much faster. I have had no problems running wide wheels other then watching for huge dips in the road. I havn't even tapped my oil pan yet, 550f and 675r springs really help.Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: