15x8 or 16x8 Kosei K1's or equivalent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15x8 or 16x8 Kosei K1's or equivalent

I'm looking for relatively strong and light wheels, and Kosei's come to mind. I've heard of custom drilled blanks, but where can I find them? I'm hoping for 15x8. Any other wheels out there that can be used with no spacers or rings in this size?

Keep it slideways!!

I believe Jay said you have to call tirerack for them, they are not posted onthe website.

Either way, let me know where u order from I would diffenately be interested in some next summer. Maybe

Comment

Seconded.

Are you leaning towards 15s or 16s?
      91 m3

Comment

I was thinking 15's for the track, due to the wide availablity of 225/50 r-comps

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

15X7 BLANKS ET17 SIL K1 RACING
          15X7 BLANKS ET27 SIL K1 RACING
          15X7 BLANKS ET38 SIL K1 RACING
          15X7 BLANKS ET45 SIL K1 RACING
          15X8 BLANKS ET12 SIL K1 RACING
          15X8 BLANKS ET22 SIL K1 RACING
          16X7.5 BLANK ET12 K1 RACING
          16X7.5 BLANK ET22 K1 RACING
          16X7.5 BLANK ET32 K1 RACING
          16X7.5 BLANK ET43 K1 RACING
          16X8.5 BLANK ET17 K1 RACING
          16X8.5 BLANK ET27 K1 RACING

You gotta call them to order, and you tell them the bolt pattern and centrebore.

As for other 15x8" wheels, good luck. Most other ones that fit properly without spacers are only 7" wide or the 7.5" Ronals.

Oh, and so anyone looking for info knows, the following fit the E30 well:
          15X7 BLANKS ET27 SIL K1 RACING
          15X8 BLANKS ET22 SIL K1 RACING
          16X7.5 BLANK ET22 K1 RACING
          16X8.5 BLANK ET17 K1 RACING

Comment

16x8.5 with 245's all around :D

Seriously though, kosei's own.
            Last edited by Axxe; 10-27-2005, 03:08 AM.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

buy my wheels ;)

Comment

15x7 Kosei K1s. need hubcentric rings. Or get Team Dynamics which are direct fit. And lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                  15x7 Kosei K1s. need hubcentric rings. Or get Team Dynamics which are direct fit. And lighter.
                  Unless you order blanks and tell them the exact centerbore and bolt pattern. They are blank, hence no holes.

The ones you have were probably universial or ordered for a different car with a larger centrebore.

Comment

Performance wise, 15x7 or 15x8 K1s?

Comment

15x8 Custom drilled is what I plan on getting when I stumble upon some money. Or sell my Type E's. Perfect fit has it's advantages in high stress applications (track), spacers are not recommended.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by T.Dot E30
                        Unless you order blanks and tell them the exact centerbore and bolt pattern. They are blank, hence no holes.

The ones you have were probably universial or ordered for a different car with a larger centrebore.
                        I didn't buy blanks. Just your run of the mill 15x7s. They use hubcentric rings. Makes it easy to sell the same product to a variety of customers.

If you are in Canada, I wouldn't take Auto-X where you run without helmets serious enough to be worrying much about your competitive edge.

15x7s are cheap, easy to replace, and a good compromise.

Comment

Don't listen to Heeter, he's got a fucking hard-on for 15x7s with narrow tires.;)

Go for the 15x8s. They will work very well with 225/50s.
                          I think its going to be close with the et22 15x8 blanks, though. You may have to run a small spacer up front.

Anyone have any experience?
                          '91 318is
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                            If you are in Canada, I wouldn't take Auto-X where you run without helmets serious enough to be worrying much about your competitive edge.
                            He's a lapping guy, not a crosser.

Comment

Originally posted by Brew
                              Don't listen to Heeter, he's got a fucking hard-on for 15x7s with narrow tires.;)

Go for the 15x8s. They will work very well with 225/50s.
                              I think its going to be close with the et22 15x8 blanks, though. You may have to run a small spacer up front.

Anyone have any experience?
                              Yeah, a couple guys here are pulling it off, surprised me too. Like you I'm on 225's but only 7" wheels, ah well.

Comment

Working...
                              X