Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check it out, im sure some of you will like this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check it out, im sure some of you will like this.

Well it's just my luck somthing like this would happen... I leave my house to go to my friend margarets house, about a mile away. I reach her nieghborhood and come to a stop at a stop sign. I put it in first, i roll forwards a little bit and then i stop (i could feel it on the right side). Well my first thought was welll i guess my exhaust is on the ground because it hangs so low. I go in reverse a little feeling it give way enough to roll backwards, and i get out and check my car. Well it all seems fine. I get back in roll in first again, 10mph go to second maybe about 13mph and then i get a violent jerk to the right (enough to turn my car sideways in the street) and then i hear my air rushing out of my tire. I was like shit, i guess i ran over somthing. Well... i walk over, look at my wheel and wtf! I see these two huge scars in my wheel, and i follow them around, and mother fucker... there is this huge ass crack.

I get a ride back to my house get my jack and my basketweave. The front is to low to get the jack under so i have to use the rear passenger side.. well my suspension is so stiff it does not only lift up the front and rear passenger side, but also my rear drivers side... so basicly i was on 1 wheel (the drivers front). I was like "well... this is going to be a bitch", haha. Well i jack it up, and get my freind margaret to sit on my trunk so it doesnt teeter-totter, haha. Worked just fine! I now see what i paid $3000 for..a pain in the ass haha.

Well... the bad part is.. i am searching now for a discontinued wheel in 16x9et15. I have only found ONE in america, but it was a 16x7. My search in germany has also taken underway, i have 3 dealers looking for me right now as well as me and my dad. It just sucks because i have some stupid wide wheel with an odd offset... and i can only find a set of 4 on ebay.de, not one.

I suck.

If worse comes to worse... i will try to sell the three i have and get some other sick wheels i know of. But we shall see. But if any one knows of a SINGLE Borbet T in 16x9 et 15.. please let me know :(

How the fuck? are you running some kinda BBK or did that gash occur when the wheel decided to crack?

You doing some dukes of hazard moves or something? Its a shame... those wheels look nice.

Comment

Stock brakes, the caliper was bolted down. i had all 4 lugs on.

Comment

wow thats sucks man, those were the only borbet's that I liked, especially on your car.

Mike Fritz

Comment

ebay.de

they're all over the place... maybe you'll get lucky and find somebody willing to ship here.

-Addis

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
          On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
          BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

Originally posted by Addissimo
            ebay.de

they're all over the place... maybe you'll get lucky and find somebody willing to ship here.

-Addis

Yea, all of the ones i found so far though come in sets of 4.. i dont want to spend money i dont need to.

Comment

Exactly why I got rid of my one-off 17" RS', if that ever happened I would NEVER see another set (let alone one) in my life.

Good luck.

Comment

so what broke? it looks like your brake caliper came loose. no way that happened hitting a pothole, there's deep grooves all around the inside of the wheel and 6 evenly spaced dents!.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Wow that truly sucks.

I'd post a wanted thread over on the vwvortex forum under vw wheel and tires classified. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospec
                    Wow that truly sucks.

I'd post a wanted thread over on the vwvortex forum under vw wheel and tires classified. Best of luck to you.
                    Good recommendation. What about tunershop.com, dont they have Borbet Ts?

EDIT : JUST CHECKED - they have them on their website. 16x9, et15 is listed. Did you try there yet?
                    Last edited by Dave; 11-04-2005, 12:42 PM.
                    Current Cars
                    2014 M235i
                    2009 R56 Cooper S
                    1998 M3
                    1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                      so what broke? it looks like your brake caliper came loose. no way that happened hitting a pothole, there's deep grooves all around the inside of the wheel and 6 evenly spaced dents!.
                      My caliper didnt come loose, i thought it did but it was bolted down.

Originally posted by DaveCN
                      Good recommendation. What about tunershop.com, dont they have Borbet Ts?

EDIT : JUST CHECKED - they have them on their website. 16x9, et15 is listed. Did you try there yet?

Yea, the hard part is gettin in touch with them assholes. i've called them twice a day for 3 days.

Comment

sorry to hear about your beautiful wheels takin a shit...

I know what you mean about tunershop, its a pain in the ass to get a hold of them and the guy is hard enough to understand imo...

Good luck with whatever you do.

Mike

Comment

I don't really understand what happened. Did you hit something? All of the sudden your rim was just cracked? What happened at the stop sign?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

When I talked to him at the autocross today he said he thought something got lodged between the caliper and the wheel, since there were grooves running around the inside of the rim. Finally he just felt it let go when he was rolling away.

btw, this car on weaves on a soaking wet autocross course = fun

Comment

Originally posted by cgregory
                              When I talked to him at the autocross today he said he thought something got lodged between the caliper and the wheel, since there were grooves running around the inside of the rim. Finally he just felt it let go when he was rolling away.

btw, this car on weaves on a soaking wet autocross course = fun
                              Yea, somthign got in bewteen my caliper and wheel, and just ground away at my wheel until it finnally caught an edgde and shatterd it.

yea my car on 14's and wet course = mad insane fun. but it was that way when it was dry, haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X