what is the widest tire/wheel that will fit on an e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris E30 Cab
    No offense to Andre as everyone has there own tastes & his E30 is very nice.........but.....doesn't the whole stretched tire thing on super-wide rims that stick out beyond the fender lips remind you all of the "mini-truck" era in the late 80's - early 90's?
    Mini trucks are cool though.

Comment

on a more serious note

I was wondering if the Team Dynamics wheels -the Pro Race 1 would fit my e30

It said it had the correct offsets for e30s. They are said to weigh like 16 lbs in 17". I'm thinking, what would be the benefits, if any, of getting something like a 17x8 in back 17x7.5 in front? will 8" fit? what size tires would i need front and back?

I plan on running groud control coilovers

edit: the team dynamics website is www.teamdynamicsusa.com I believe
      Originally posted by blunt
      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

An offset of 25 would be ideal for the 7.5" wide rim but with that said I know of a guy that had 17x8" ET20 wheels with 225's mounted and there were no major rubbing issues.

225's will be the widest tire you'll be able to fit and the offset will determine where it will rub if it will rub. You'll find that having 225's on the front will change the feel of your car tremendously....but i love the grip that 225's offer when on all 4 corners.

I think ET20 rims look the best on E30's :)

Comment

An offset of 25 would be ideal for the 7.5" wide rim but with that said I know of a guy that had 17x8" ET20 wheels with 225's mounted and there were no major rubbing issues.

225's will be the widest tire you'll be able to fit and the offset will determine where it will rub if it will rub. You'll find that having 225's on the front will change the feel of your car tremendously....but i love the grip that 225's offer when on all 4 corners.

Personally, I think ET20 rims look the best on E30's :)
          215/35-18 on 18x8 et23 rims... That is perfect on an E30. At least for me :P

Comment

Originally posted by C ///M
            That's not going to fit an E30 though ;)
            Why not? I have 235/40R17's on my 8.5x17's with NO rubbing whatsoever... Super stretched tires on overly wide rims is stupid.
            I'm very surprised...what offset are your rims? As I mentioned before, my fronts show not enough room for a larger tire on either side. Do you have 235's up front?

Comment

I'm very surprised...what offset are your rims? As I mentioned before, my fronts show not enough room for a larger tire on either side. Do you have 235's up front?
              Yes. I have 235's on 8.5's all around. rims are et30 with 8mm spacer all around. Offset control arm bushings are used in front and I'm not using those little black panels that go in front of each front wheel. I am going to make my own with brake duct cutouts since mine did not have them before and I just updated the entire front end.

Winter '04 I will be putting in an S50 where I will go 255/40 out back with a 9.5 inch wide rim.. Gotta love the pre- '88's with the higher rear arches..TONS of room and the perfect stance with race springs. And rubbing issues are all in the springs. If i didn't have race springs, I'm sure I'd rub the fenders. Oh, and I do have rolled fenders.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord
                on a more serious note

I was wondering if the Team Dynamics wheels -the Pro Race 1 would fit my e30

It said it had the correct offsets for e30s. They are said to weigh like 16 lbs in 17". I'm thinking, what would be the benefits, if any, of getting something like a 17x8 in back 17x7.5 in front? will 8" fit? what size tires would i need front and back?

I plan on running groud control coilovers

edit: the team dynamics website is www.teamdynamicsusa.com I believe
                Staggered setups are not a good idea on an E30 unless you have a ton of power on tap. Plus, then you can't rotate...

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Ok then, sure you can fit anything under the car if you've modified the wheel wells.....I'm pretty sure the bloke is asking if they can fit under regular wheel wells though.

Comment

Ok then, sure you can fit anything under the car if you've modified the wheel wells.....I'm pretty sure the bloke is asking if they can fit under regular wheel wells though.
                    Rolling fenders is barely "modifying the wheel well." Any and every e30 owner should do it, as it doesn't change the look at all. Just gives you that little extra room for clearance. there's barely anything to roll in the front anyway. But i suppose I should have mentioned that initially anyway, for some reason I totally forgot. I guess I figure everybody rolls the inner fender lip anyway, my bad.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill 84 318i
                      Originally posted by Kavkazia
                      I'm planning on running 235/45/16's or 245/45/16s in front/rear with 35mm offset wheels!
                      Yeah...I don't see that happening without spacers.
                      I'll try, and I'm pretty sure I will because on 215/40s I have plenty of space, and I don't mind rolling fenders, or even pulling them!

:)
                      95' M3.
                      90' 325i Turboed.
                      87' 325eS Fixed.

Comment

Amirani you know we are going to pull my fenders in the summer time when the wheels are on ;)
                        This is about as wide as it gets....17x7.5 ET20 215/40 up front 17x10 ET20 245/35 in the rear :shock: Notice the awesome work on the fenders

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

In front I have

"17x8,5 ET30 + 15mm spacers with 215/40-17´s and plenty room on the outside but only about 5-7mm on the inside,

"17x9,5 ET30+15mm spacers with 245/35-17´s and not room when running soft suspension and 40mm lowering, fenders are already rolled,

I will be flaring this summer for the paint job,
                          Gunni
                          @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

OOMPH!, there is absolutely no way that is a 17x7.5" ET20 rim in the front, unless it has a big spacer.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                              OOMPH!, there is absolutely no way that is a 17x7.5" ET20 rim in the front, unless it has a big spacer.
                              oops, yeah he is using a 15mm spacer in the front and a 35mm spacer in the rear.....

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

Working...
                              X