Wheel lip shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel lip shine

Is it possible to get these to shine without them being re finished ?

They don't look like they were every polished.

COTM

Comment

I wasnt sure because ive seen other sets with a polished lip

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Those look painted... It is possible to strip the paint off and polish the lip, takes a while but isn't hard. If you did that be forwarned that you will have to repolish them every single time you drive it, ask me how I know... It looks super good but the upkeep isn't for everyone.
        It only takes ~15sec each wheel to do it, whip out microfiber cloth, put some polish on it and swipe the lip all the way around 2-4 times...
        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
        Originally posted by roguetoaster
        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Very easy to do. Back in the day I did it the not so recommended way by putting jack stands under the back of my car and let the car idle in first gear while going through all the different grits of sand paper then polishing the same way. I wish I had pictures to show cause they were pretty impressive looking for not using any power tools.
          sigpic

Comment

yah ive done the "DIY lathe" method also. I used wet and dry sandpaper, started fairly course and then got lighter and lighter. worked a treat for the cost of some sandpaper.

Although that valve stem looks in a bit of an annoying place. My valve stem wasn't in the way like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 808e30325i View Post
              Very easy to do. Back in the day I did it the not so recommended way by putting jack stands under the back of my car and let the car idle in first gear while going through all the different grits of sand paper then polishing the same way. I wish I had pictures to show cause they were pretty impressive looking for not using any power tools.
              I did that on mine, 3rd gear and a floor jack
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Working...
              X