• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronal LS or Rota Slipstream?

Best fit / performance for a lowered 325is:

Ronal LS 'Mesh' at 15x7.5 et25 - 16.7lbs

or

Rota Slipstream at 16x8 et20 (approx. 14.5lbs)

What do you guys think?
    I Timothy 2:1-2

definitely go with the rota slipstream.
    Recent Rebranding!!
    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
    E30 SM62/S62
    E30 M60 V8
    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
    Instagram.com/garageaholic
    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

They are aproximately the same price? Slipstreams for light wheels or Ronal's if you are looking for classic look.

Comment

Well, it's also the dimensions. I think that 16x8 will give him somewhat more traction than 15x7.5. They are lighter and could have more meat on the tires...
        Recent Rebranding!!
        Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
        E30 SM62/S62
        E30 M60 V8
        E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
        Instagram.com/garageaholic
        Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

what color slips ?

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert View Post
            They are aproximately the same price? Slipstreams for light wheels or Ronal's if you are looking for classic look.
            I was quoted $580 shipped for the Slips and $636 for the Ronals if I pick them up - Ronal is currently out of stock on the LS, so I would have to wait until early December to get 'em.

Originally posted by s52e368
            what color slips ?
            Flat black!

Comment

Track wheels or ? Intentions for these? In 16" there is alot more variety of tires available.

Comment

id get the slips in gloss black with a polished lip. oh yes indeed!
                Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

i would go with the ronal's. so classy.

Comment

Track wheels or ? Intentions for these? In 16" there is alot more variety of tires available.
                    Yes, track wheels. The car I'm looking at isn't a race car but it is ready for HPDE's/track days. I want a light wheel with the proper offset so I wont have to use spacers.

Originally posted by silversleeper
                    id get the slips in gloss black with a polished lip. oh yes indeed!
                    I'm a fan of dark centers with polished lips as well! Only thing is that 18Racing only has flat black right now, and color is the least of my concerns, ya know what I mean? :)

Originally posted by Jbpka06
                    i would go with the ronal's. so classy.
                    Yeah, they look awesome, but size and availability are limiting factors. Also, they are more expensive than the Rotas - I wonder which would get more $$ if I decided to sell sometime down the line...

Thanks for all the feedback!

Comment

Then if thats case who cares if they look good, a gain in width an lighter is a better choice and cheaper. There should be no other choice.

Comment

Then if thats case who cares if they look good, a gain in width an lighter is a better choice and cheaper. There should be no other choice.
                        Wrrd. I didn't know if Rotas are well crafted, but the consensus is they are, so Rotas it is!

Comment

I know I'm the only one posting something opposite of what everybody agreed on.

But I had a friend with a light-as-a-cloud AW11 MR2 with 15" rota slipstreams and he was tracking on them at WSIR streets. When he pulled into the pit, as everything cooled down, you could hear slight cracking from the rear right corner of the car, we thought it was the cat. Turns out, as soon as he started rolling again, a spoke straight up just SNAPPED OFF the barrel of the wheel.
                          R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
                            I know I'm the only one posting something opposite of what everybody agreed on.

But I had a friend with a light-as-a-cloud AW11 MR2 with 15" rota slipstreams and he was tracking on them at WSIR streets. When he pulled into the pit, as everything cooled down, you could hear slight cracking from the rear right corner of the car, we thought it was the cat. Turns out, as soon as he started rolling again, a spoke straight up just SNAPPED OFF the barrel of the wheel.
                            Ouch. Not good.

Another think about the Ronals is that I no longer have the time or patience to clean mesh wheels...

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                              Ouch. Not good.

Another think about the Ronals is that I no longer have the time or patience to clean mesh wheels...
                              So get them powder coated.

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X