Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I would prefer a bit wider so 205/50 r15 is my choice

Comment

I love my Direzza ZIII - I don't daily drive my car, but my current set has done 7 track days, and two seasons of autocross and still have life left, also three 1000 mile road trips on them as well.

I run square 225/45R-16 on my 16x7s ET25.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...l=Direzza+ZIII
      1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
      1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
      September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
      Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Bumping an old thread, but I came across this on TireRack today. Some "test" results which included the Yoko Advan Flevas: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=247

Comment

Wow those Advans are horrible in the performance category, came in last on almost every one - and - they lost out to the Azenis FK510! We use the Azenis 615k+ and DZII pretty regularly for endurance racing - the Azenis are a bit better for grip, the DZII seem to last a bit longer, though (we used the DZIII this last race, didn't notice anything drastic from the DZII).

We burned through a ton of 205/50 tires over the years. So far the Maxxis VR-1 have put the best lap times down for us on a 200tw, but we completely wiped a set at the Road Atlanta 14hr, didn't even keep them as spares. Some of the larger cars we compete with lean towards BFG Rival rs4, but we have yet to try them, which may happen sooner than later since we are going to a wider track width and 245/40's - which not many options in that size.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            Wow those Advans are horrible in the performance category, came in last on almost every one - and - they lost out to the Azenis FK510! We use the Azenis 615k+ and DZII pretty regularly for endurance racing - the Azenis are a bit better for grip, the DZII seem to last a bit longer, though (we used the DZIII this last race, didn't notice anything drastic from the DZII).
            Yeah, they did badly in the wet performance category. They did better than the rest in the dry performance category. TireRack only offers 2 tires in 205/55R15 these days, which sucks. Wish there was a better selection in that size. I wouldn't consider any of the tires used in the TireRack test linked above as something you'd want to use in competition. They're just average summer tires.

Comment

I just chatted with the Tire Rack rep re the comparison between the Direzzas and the Conti Extreme Contact and he recommended the Conti's. Granted, I don't track or autocross, so don't know if that was a major variable or not.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post

Yeah, they did badly in the wet performance category. They did better than the rest in the dry performance category. TireRack only offers 2 tires in 205/55R15 these days, which sucks. Wish there was a better selection in that size. I wouldn't consider any of the tires used in the TireRack test linked above as something you'd want to use in competition. They're just average summer tires.
                We are required to use 180+tw tires in the 7-14hr endurance and some SCCA classes. This means we are using summer street tires. This last race we switched to the BFG Rival and upped the wheel to 15x8 et25 wrapped in 225 45 (front clear struts by a couple mm, phone book trick on the rear to stretch the quarters a bit). They certainly felt good, but the team only had about 1.5hr of dry racing before the snow storm hit (yes, snow storm in Atlanta). The morning was very cold (30°f), so tires were not getting up to full temp, and still managed to best last years time - same track, same driver, same car - so am confident they will work well. I ddidn't get in the car until after dark, was pleasantly surprised with the wet grip compared to Azenis 615+ or the DZ (just never personally got any fast laps due to the wet/snow and caution flags, along with HEAVY fog and high traffic). Besides the DZ and Azenis we have run Maxxis VR1, which in order of longest lasting to best grip is as follows:

DZII (or III)
                Azenis
                Maxxis

BFG's are TBD.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                X