Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Cool sizes.

I'd recommend 205/45/16 front and 215/40/16 rear. This will work with a mild fender roll in the back.

205/50/16 front and 225/45/16 rear would be even cooler, but you'd definitely need to spend some more time with a heat gun and roller. It'd look great though.
    Thanks a bunch, Jay. I think the offsets actually 13 and 23, I forgot to check them when I put the wheels in the garage.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
    '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
    '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
    '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

For an E30, they'd need the 8mm spacers too. Even with them, they come pretty close to the struts in the front. Of course, something like a 205/55 would be a better size for the E30.

thanks Jay. I dont know why i had the bug about the spacers, they came with the wheels and are hubcentric... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by dannyg View Post
        jay should I run the same sizes front and rear? What if I want the stretched look so my lips will stick out?
        You could stagger them too. 195/55 and 205/50.

Stretch will be a little tough on a 7" rim (and 7.5" too). You're looking at something like 185/55 (which may not exist).

Comment

Originally posted by netcsk View Post
          I've got a quick one for you:
          I'm currently running 15x7 Kosei's with 225/50s
          Thinking of going to 16x7.5 et 20
          My car is not slammed (only M3 springs) and I don't plan on making it much lower in the near future.
          What tire size do you recommend for me? This sound like the correct offset?
          Also, if you have a good tire choice for a mostly DD, I'd appreciate it (with some aggressive driving -- my last tires with BF Goodrich Gforce sports and I liked them). If not, no problem.

I really appreciate it bud.
          That's a great offset. 225/45/16 is an easy fit.

In that size the BFG KDW2 is the best option. It's expensive though, if you want a cheaper entry price the Falken FK-452 is solid.

Comment

215/45 on a 17x7

I know thats kinda a tall sidewall but i know it can work

I have the early model arches, lowered on vorshlag springs [rougly 1.5]

Anything ill need to do? roll the fronts a little?

Comment

That's a great offset. 225/45/16 is an easy fit.

In that size the BFG KDW2 is the best option. It's expensive though, if you want a cheaper entry price the Falken FK-452 is solid.
              Thanks for the advice bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen027 View Post
                215/45 on a 17x7

It can work, depending on the offset of the wheels.

If you need to do anything it will be modify/remove the plastic splash shield in the front wheel wells.

Comment

215/45 on a 17x7

Why not just go 215/40? It's closer to stock O.D.
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    Why not just go 215/40? It's closer to stock O.D.
                    I would but theyre already there and theyre good rubber (bfg kdw2s)

If i can get someone to trade me for a 40 sidewall id go for it though

Comment

That's what I figured. Completely understand.
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                        That's what I figured. Completely understand.
                        Yeah, if i had more time id try selling the rubber on an e36 forum, IIRC thats the right size. But i really just want to mount them and have them ready for the meet

Comment

OK, my turn for a question. I will be as specific as possible here. I am riding on Billys sports and H&R Race. I have 16x7 Remembers with Bridgestone SO3s at 205/50/16. All my fenders are already rolled. The wheels I have are exactly Mr. Anderson's (on this forum) wheels. How do I know? Cuz I bought them. I have an 88 e30 and want to know if I will rub. Thanks. Oh and one last question. Whats the widest rubber I can fir without further rolling or fender flaring.

Comment

235/40, too wide for a 7" wheel right? they top out at like 215 ish?

Comment

Originally posted by graphikg View Post
                              OK, my turn for a question. I will be as specific as possible here. I am riding on Billys sports and H&R Race. I have 16x7 Remembers with Bridgestone SO3s at 205/50/16. All my fenders are already rolled. The wheels I have are exactly Mr. Anderson's (on this forum) wheels. How do I know? Cuz I bought them. I have an 88 e30 and want to know if I will rub. Thanks. Oh and one last question. Whats the widest rubber I can fir without further rolling or fender flaring.
                              No rubbing with the current tires.

225/45/16 will just barely clear. You may get the slightest touch if the car is full.

Comment

235/40, too wide for a 7" wheel right? they top out at like 215 ish?
                                Yes and yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X