Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats with all the low offset wheel choices?

Get some extended bolts and some huge ass spacers and mount up some good fitting wheels be adventerous roll those fenders!!!...oem for a 14 is like what...28offset? so why run a 17 with a 40 offset!

This summer, once aero and suspension is done I am planning on running 15x9 0 offset all 4 corners...and most likely running some spacers.
    The 9mm is a .45 set on stun.:mrgreen:

Comment

Mystikal,

Tell me if my math is correct on this post I made on bimmerforums :

linkage

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        lol, should have guessed that.

I just looked at Tirerack, and the news is bad. The two perfect tires for you would have been the Michelin Pilot Exalto (summer version) and the BFG KDW2, but BOTH have been discontinued in your size. That sucks.

There are now very few choices for what you want. The BFG Traction T/A is good in the dry/wet and lasts literally forever, but it's not a 10/10ths performance tire. Perfectly fine for a daily and is very competitive in it's class, but it's no summer tire.

If you want to give up some mileage the Falken 912 and the Fuzion ZRi are also good choices, and are a bit sportier (especially the ZRi). But they'll easily last half as long or less than the BFG.
        Here's the thing - I don't really care about performance. Just a good tire size and a tire that will last me a while. My car is a DD and I suck at driving anyways. How's the Ecsta ASX?
        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by tofubento View Post
          Mystikal,

Tell me if my math is correct on this post I made on bimmerforums :

linkage
          lol, try to ignore Jordan (stuck). You're only feeding his hunger for arguments.

Your math looked good, but I didn't read it all in detail. Serious disertation lengths going on.

15x9 needs ET10 at the numerical highest in order to clear the suspension. It's pretty much paper-thin clearance to the front strut there. So go ET5 for safety. So from there you can figure out that 15x10 would need ET-7, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
            Here's the thing - I don't really care about performance. Just a good tire size and a tire that will last me a while. My car is a DD and I suck at driving anyways. How's the Ecsta ASX?
            Wicked.

The ASX wears quickly, and isn't very good in the wet. I see it's cheap, but check discount tire direct for the ZE-912 pricing. It's better than the ASX in about every way, and you'll get the same mileage out of it.

The BFG is pretty much exactly what you want though. The extra cost up front will more than balance out in the long run.

Comment

Wicked.

The ASX wears quickly, and isn't very good in the wet. I see it's cheap, but check discount tire direct for the ZE-912 pricing. It's better than the ASX in about every way, and you'll get the same mileage out of it.

The BFG is pretty much exactly what you want though. The extra cost up front will more than balance out in the long run.
              So are we looking at a 205/55/15?
              "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

lol, try to ignore Jordan (stuck). You're only feeding his hunger for arguments.

Your math looked good, but I didn't read it all in detail. Serious disertation lengths going on.

15x9 needs ET10 at the numerical highest in order to clear the suspension. It's pretty much paper-thin clearance to the front strut there. So go ET5 for safety. So from there you can figure out that 15x10 would need ET-7, etc.
                Really?

I did the math and with a 9 wide wheel with 15offset it looks like it would be the same hub to suspension fit....I think ill go with the zero offset then.

Comment

Really?

I did the math and with a 9 wide wheel with 15offset it looks like it would be the same hub to suspension fit....I think ill go with the zero offset then.
                  Jordan was right on this one buddy.

Comment

Please explain and show me how...not trying to get an argument started...but I went through did a diagram, did the math, and even modeled it out... It should be correct...

If OEM wheel has 4inches towards hub to suspension, at 15offset that would still be 4inches from hub to suspension and leave me 5 inches towards fender. Total space allowed from hub to outer lip of fender is 5 inches...factoring in the drop and cambering it should be pretty damn flush. If thats incorrect please explain how, I am a bit puzzled how it wouldnt be.

Thank you!

Comment

Please explain and show me how...not trying to get an argument started...but I went through did a diagram, did the math, and even modeled it out... It should be correct...

If OEM wheel has 4inches towards hub to suspension, at 15offset that would still be 4inches from hub to suspension and leave me 5 inches towards fender. Total space allowed from hub to outer lip of fender is 5 inches...factoring in the drop and cambering it should be pretty damn flush. If thats incorrect please explain how, I am a bit puzzled how it wouldnt be.

Thank you!
                      Listen to what jordan was telling you and it will make more sense.

Comment

: face palm :

I did, we both went over it, he is saying it wont work due to me not calculating in half an inch per side...thats easy to navigate and fix...hmm the more I Think about it, maybe I should run a -5 HAHAHAHA!!! I am rolling the fenders anyways....hmmmm

Comment

HI, I am buying some 16" xxr 513's offset 0 front and 15 rear, I don't wanna run a really narrow strechted lookin tire , How does 225/50's in front and 245/45's in the rear , thanks
                          Last edited by BoostMW; 12-28-2008, 08:50 AM.

Comment

whats the width of the wheel? 225 on a 9 has next to nothing for stretch...245 wont have any...though why such a huge sidewall?

Comment

the width is 7 in front and 8 in rear, car has m30b35 engine with some bolt on mods so I need as much tire on the rear as i can fit on an 8 inch rim with 15 offset an a front tire sized to match with 0 offset
                              Last edited by BoostMW; 12-28-2008, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                                So are we looking at a 205/55/15?
                                Yeah. 225/50/15 is only easily done with the ZE-912 (it runs 0.2-0.3" narrower than the rest), and you'll still need a slight fender roll in the back.

Comment

Working...
                                X