Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaT_e30 View Post
    That's what I had figured.....

Do you know what would be a "good" offset for them?

Apparently they're 17x9.5 ARE Mesh wheels for $350 either two/three piece? Have you seen these? They look like RS's.... Guess he'll have to decide whether they're worth the trouble or not.
    ET7 front and rear will clear the suspension. I'd probably subtract 5mm from whatever the front offset he chooses for the rear fitment (to make it more even with the fender).

I've heard of the wheels, too lazy to search for a pic. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
      I ahve an 88m3 and am running style 5's from an e39. 17x8 et20. I have 5mm spacers in the front, to clear the brake clips. Whats the largest spacer I could fit in the rear without any interference? 5mm or maybe 10mm? tires are 215/40/17"
      Hmmm, as I've said in here before I'm not pro with the E30 M3 fenders. I can say that you should have quite a bit of room for spacing, but I can't be as precise as I can with the non-M cars. I'd suggest either asking someone over on S14.net or just measuring yourself. You could easily try the 5mm spacers on the rear, even stacking them to make an effective 10mm, and then checking clearance. If you want to do it the 100% way, pull a rear spring while doing this test fitting and you can then push the wheel/tire up into the fender to check for contact. Again, just some ideas as I can't be as helpful as normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        ET7 front and rear will clear the suspension. I'd probably subtract 5mm from whatever the front offset he chooses for the rear fitment (to make it more even with the fender).

I've heard of the wheels, too lazy to search for a pic. lol.
        I finally found some info on them.... Seems they are replicas of RS's, which explains why they look almost identical. I highly doubt he'll go through that amount of trouble just to get replicas to work.... Neither one of us are to fond of replicas.

Thanks for your help though.

Comment

15x7 et30

15X7 ET30

I searched this massive thread and did not find an answer.
          Can I run this size wheel on a 89 325i with Bilstien Struts/shocks and springs. Lowered about 2" in front and 1.5" in rear?
          TIA
          1989 Cirrus Blau coupe Racing Dynamics wheels and a Volvo Spoiler.

Comment

I think these are pretty cool 5 lug BMW wheels: click me

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Long shot, but I wanted to ask anyway.

Borbet Type C 16x7.5
              ET30
              205/55/16 cooper touring
              not using spacers

Q1 - Any other size of tire I can use? Eventually these tires will be replaced. As it is now, the tire is close (maybe like 4-5mm) to the strut tube.

Q2 - What length studs should I use? 75mm, 90mm, etc?

For reference:

89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
              E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Anyone had the Falken Sincera SN 828's? I'm looking for cheap tires to get the car down to texas in. The final price installed is alittle over 270. or any suggestions of cheap tires that won't be too shitty in the rain.

Comment

Nexen N3000s are the bang for the buck that I've been using. Not sure what size you got quoted for $270, but before my dorito wholesale deals, I paid $60/tire for 215/40/16s.

I was very happy for what they were.
                  Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                  EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                  FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                  NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                  Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                  ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Thanks, I'll check those out. I'm just trying to find 195/65 14's. I have found many of them but I guess I'm just shopping around at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwpower View Post
                      Long shot, but I wanted to ask anyway.

Borbet Type C 16x7.5
                      ET30
                      205/55/16 cooper touring
                      not using spacers

Q1 - Any other size of tire I can use? Eventually these tires will be replaced. As it is now, the tire is close (maybe like 4-5mm) to the strut tube.

Q2 - What length studs should I use? 75mm, 90mm, etc?

For reference:

those tires are slightly too large. 205/50-16 or 225/45-16 is the size you want. the offset is a bit high. 5-10mm spacers wouldnt hurt.
                      http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
                        those tires are slightly too large. 205/50-16 or 225/45-16 is the size you want. the offset is a bit high. 5-10mm spacers wouldnt hurt.
                        Are the spacers absolutely necessary?

Between the 205/50-16 and the 225/45-16....which is better to go with for a track car? Will the 225 rub with and/or without 5-10 mm spacers?

Comment

Just checked turnermotorsport and the 5mm spacer required non-beveled wheel backs. Mine are beveled, even with the hubcentric rings I have on the wheels.

So which spacers should I go with....or any at all?

Comment

So I am thinking 245/40-17 Ventus Rs2's on bbs 7.5" rims.

Thoughts?
                            J. Farina

Yeah, thats me kicking up all that dirt!

Comment

Originally posted by 330SMG View Post
                              15X7 ET30

I searched this massive thread and did not find an answer.
                              Can I run this size wheel on a 89 325i with Bilstien Struts/shocks and springs. Lowered about 2" in front and 1.5" in rear?
                              TIA
                              That's very very close to the struts. I'd recommend 3mm spacers, even just for the front axle. You won't need longer bolts.

Comment

What size tire would you recommend on 15x6 1/2" rims?

Could I squeeze 225s on there?

Comment

Working...
                                X