Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JiXer View Post
    Azenis RT-615 - 215/45-16
    That's one of very few tires that actually can handle narrow wheels and still work well, because of how insanely stiff the sidewalls are. Not perfect by any means (a 7.5" wheel with that tire would be measurably faster), but still good.

Comment

Originally posted by JiXer View Post
      Hmmmm.... Thats not computing in my head.
      Any good links to something illustrating this?
      I'm very much a visual learner.

J.
      Sorry I don't, try googling it.

Comment

Originally posted by mystikal View Post
        sorry i don't, try googling it.
        i actually found some good stuff in the tirerack.com tech papers.

I actually decided to stay run ix weaves and spacers. 15x7 with 225/45-15's
        the weight and cost are hard to beat. Tire patch is comparable to what i can do with a 17 and considering what i would have to spend, i don't think its worth it.

Sorry for the caps. I was staring at the keyboard :)
        J. Farina

Yeah, thats me kicking up all that dirt!

Comment

If I have a 17x8 and 17x9 (front and rear, respectivley) and can have any offset i want, what would be the ideal offsets to run some wide tires with fender rolling only, on a late model.

I have gathered that a 17x8 et 22 would be good for the front.

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by whowhatwhere View Post
            If I have a 17x8 and 17x9 (front and rear, respectivley) and can have any offset i want, what would be the ideal offsets to run some wide tires with fender rolling only, on a late model.

I have gathered that a 17x8 et 22 would be good for the front.

TIA
            Go with ET25 on the front. You can get a 235/40/17 on there easily with that offset.

For the rear, ET30. Honestly on a 9" rim in the back of a late model anything more than a 235 is pushing it. I wouldn't recommend going over the 235/40/17 I suggested for the front.

Comment

Might try in this thread instead...

Would 10mm hubcentric spacers work for me?

If so, any of these any good?

Are these junk? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Je...261510004r8346

Or these?
              89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
              E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

They all look promising, although the beveled design could lead to issues with some wheels.

I'd try the ECS ones first.

Comment

I found some weaves, in very nice condition and local. They have brand new tires on them.

The tires are Firestone Firehawk SH 30, and are P185/60R14 82H M+S. Are these just too small?

He wants $350 picked up. I need new tires which will be about that...and I want weaves. Any opinions?
                  Last edited by Mastrcruse; 01-30-2009, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    They all look promising, although the beveled design could lead to issues with some wheels.

I'd try the ECS ones first.
                    This the back of my wheel, with and without the ring.

Still should go for the ECS? I wish I knew the dimensions of the hub on the ECS and the others. That way I could check.
                    Attached Files
                    89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                    E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      Go with ET25 on the front. You can get a 235/40/17 on there easily with that offset.

For the rear, ET30. Honestly on a 9" rim in the back of a late model anything more than a 235 is pushing it. I wouldn't recommend going over the 235/40/17 I suggested for the front.
                      Thank you for the reply.

How close would the rear be to rubbing on the inside of the rear? I would really prefer to run a 245 on the back.

Mitch

Comment

How about 16 x 8 4p offset with 225/45R16? How much would the fenders need to be rolled/flared? Would it need something like the Ireland e30 flares?

edit: suspension to be lower 60mm/60mm or poss a little higher.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                          I found some weaves, in very nice condition and local. They have brand new tires on them.

The tires are Firestone Firehawk SH 30, and are P185/60R14 82H M+S. Are these just too small?

He wants $350 picked up. I need new tires which will be about that...and I want weaves. Any opinions?
                          Those tires are tiny.

For that price, I'd pass.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwpower View Post
                            This the back of my wheel, with and without the ring.

Still should go for the ECS? I wish I knew the dimensions of the hub on the ECS and the others. That way I could check.
                            I really can't tell from pics.

This would likely be a trial and error process.

Comment

Originally posted by whowhatwhere View Post
                              Thank you for the reply.

How close would the rear be to rubbing on the inside of the rear? I would really prefer to run a 245 on the back.

Mitch
                              Fairly close. Quite honestly my data sources for wide, oversized in height tires on the rear of a late model is limited and I can't be as precise as I'd like. I'd still suggest getting the ET30 and running very small spacers if youhave any contact issues that you can't remedy with some hammer-convincing.

Comment

Originally posted by dsm2002 View Post
                                How about 16 x 8 4p offset with 225/45R16? How much would the fenders need to be rolled/flared? Would it need something like the Ireland e30 flares?

edit: suspension to be lower 60mm/60mm or poss a little higher.
                                What's 4p?

Comment

Working...
                                X