Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    What's 4p?
    4mm pos offset i.e. et 4
    Last edited by dsm2002; 02-01-2009, 06:08 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

i keep going back and forth with ideas.

at the moment, i want to use 2 different sets of rims.

in the front, i want to use 2 extra rota d2's that i have in subaru fitment. they are 17x7.5 with 48 offset. i am still undecided on the rears.

the only adapter that i can find for 4x100 to 5x100 is the h&r 20mm kit.

i am thinking of using the h&r cup kit that lowers the front 2.1 and the rear 1.7.

how well will this work and how flush do think the rims will be?

Comment

What size tire can/should I run on a staggered set of type A's et15? I would like to run as little stretch as possible. I will roll the fenders.

215/40/16 all around? Or can I fit a 225 in the rear?

With the 7.5" up front do I need to run any spacers?

TIA
        Last edited by jakeb; 02-01-2009, 02:02 PM.
        www.classicdaily.net
        1970 m42 swapped 2002
        1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
        https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Alright so am about to order everything and I just want to make sure. So early model e30 with e30 m3 suspension with bbs style 5's 17x8 et 20. I am odering 20mm for the front and 25mm wheel spacers and what would you recomend for tires?

thanks again jay

alex

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

My friend is giving me a free set of 235/45/17 yokohoma advans, would those fit on a 17x7 rim?

They are +38 offset, and I'm running 20mm spacers. I only want them in the rear, which is already rolled heavily. I am willing to add spring pads to the rear for height clearance. I have poly urethane RTABS and sub-frame bushings, e36 m3 rear eibachs (420lb rate),a 19mm sway, and billy sports...so it's fairly stiff as far as rubbing goes.

Thanks in advance Mystikal. :mrgreen:
            Last edited by e30polak; 02-02-2009, 03:56 PM.
            Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

???

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

no, get new wheels and give those to me.

But seriously, i think i asked the same question a few week back and he said theyre too wide for a 7"

well see what he says :nice:

Comment

If I fit 31x10.5 on my 15 inch jeep wheels, then these will fit. They may bubble, but I don't care because they are FREE! All I want to know is clearance and rubbing issues with my current setup.

Comment

235/45/17 is HUGE for an E30.

Those are what my mom's E39 runs, and they are pretty big tires. I am 100% sure that they will rub the front fender liners..235/45/17 is almost 25.5" tall.

They would be hard pressed to fit on my E36 with rolled fenders. And I would never run that size, free or not.

Also, yes 235 would be a bit too large for a 7" wheel. 225 would be ok, and depending on the offset, would probably fit.

With a 17x7, et38 w/ 20mm spacers, I would ge a 215/40/17 tire and be good with that.
                    E30- 1989 325is

Comment

These 235/45/17 would only go on the REARS. I know they are too big, but I want to see if they'd fit in the rear. My fenders lips are rolled flat, and pulled a hair.

I currently run 215/45/17 with plenty of clearance. I ran 16x8 rota grids (et 10) for a few weeks with 225/50s, so I'm guessing they would baloon a little more on a 7 inch wheel.

These tires are FREE, and I am willing to "lift" the rear with a spring pad or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                        These 235/45/17 would only go on the REARS. I know they are too big, but I want to see if they'd fit in the rear. My fenders lips are rolled flat, and pulled a hair.

I currently run 215/45/17 with plenty of clearance. I ran 16x8 rota grids (et 10) for a few weeks with 225/50s, so I'm guessing they would baloon a little more on a 7 inch wheel.

These tires are FREE, and I am willing to "lift" the rear with a spring pad or 2.
                        Try it then, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

235/45/17 is still .8" larger than 215/45/17 (too big for E30 as well), and also .5" larger than 225/50/16.

Honestly, its going to be kind of a waste of your time, not to mention that your speedometer is going to be way off.

Stock 195/65/14 tires vs 235/45/17 tires is a 5.5% difference @ 60mph. You will be going almost 63.5mph instead of 60.
                        E30- 1989 325is

Comment

Originally posted by Hodge View Post
                          Try it then, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

235/45/17 is still .8" larger than 215/45/17 (too big for E30 as well), and also .5" larger than 225/50/16.

Stock 195/65/14 tires vs 235/45/17 tires is a 5.5% difference @ 60mph. You will be going almost 63.5mph instead of 60.
                          Ok well that wont work, because it was pushing it with the 225/50s...

Fuck I wanted free tires...:(

Comment

Don't we all?

Find some in 215/40 or 205/40 and your golden.
                            E30- 1989 325is

Comment

Hi

I'm close to order new wheels for my E30.

7.5X16 ET25
                              Any problem with that offset?

What tire dimension is recommended?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mortenstj View Post
                                Hi

I'm close to order new wheels for my E30.

7.5X16 ET25
                                Any problem with that offset?

What tire dimension is recommended?

Thanks
                                Perfect offset for 225/45/16
                                E30- 1989 325is

Comment

Working...
                                X