Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay,

what would be the ideal tire size for a four lug 17x7.5 et20? Fenders will be rolled for track rubber anyway, this is for street tires.

What would you recommend tire-wise for high grip, decent cost, but not autocross tires? Grip is most important, and I will be buying snow tires anyway.

Thanks!
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      With a bit of fender pull, you can do it. It'd fit a lot better with 12mm though, but if you're willing to bend metal all the power to you!
      I can have my spacers machined down to 12mm. So 12mm up front and how much in the rear with the 235/40????
      Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        cool, thanks for the recomendation, i didn't even think of those sizes.

do you think 215/35/18 on all 4 corners would work? this might sound stupid with my rim choice, but i like the way non staggard setups handle. haha, i should just sell the rims so i don't actually try to do this!
        I don't blame you, I have 215/35/18 all around on my 18x8/18x9 BBS setup for the E36. I hate staggered setups too, at least with anything under 400hp.

I've never personally seen a 215/35 on a 10" rim. That would be extreme, it'd be tough to even find a place that could do it.

Comment

Originally posted by frankiej View Post
          I want to run 16x9 ET15 Borbet Type A's in the rear with 225/45 16 tires. Will I have to roll fenders? If I can't fit 225/45s, what is the widest/tallest tire that I can run? These will be on a '91 Cabrio with a 1/2" drop in the rear.

Thanks,
          Frank
          You will definitely have to roll the fenders. Honestly, with a 16x9 setup, you'll likely have to roll the rear fenders a bit for any tire. Especially on a butt-heavy cabrio.

215/45/16 is an easier fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
            Jay,

what would be the ideal tire size for a four lug 17x7.5 et20? Fenders will be rolled for track rubber anyway, this is for street tires.

What would you recommend tire-wise for high grip, decent cost, but not autocross tires? Grip is most important, and I will be buying snow tires anyway.

Thanks!
            215/40/17 is perfect. I'd recommend the Fuzion ZRi, excellent tire for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
              I can have my spacers machined down to 12mm. So 12mm up front and how much in the rear with the 235/40????
              12mm all around is good. With just a flat fender roll you should be fine with that setup.

Comment

I'm sure its in here somewhere, but I'll go ahead and ask.

What would the desireable offset range be to run a 225/50/15 in:
                7"
                7.5"
                8"

Any idea when the RS3 is coming out? Otherwise I might do something crazy like run the R888 or RA1 in that size on the Enkei RPF1 or similar, under 10lbs!
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

16x7 +15 offset
                  16x8 0 offset

How much fender rolling to fit those in? i assume 215/50/16 all around for little stretch?

Thanks.
                  Last edited by TexasE30; 04-01-2009, 12:47 AM.

Comment

You will definitely have to roll the fenders. Honestly, with a 16x9 setup, you'll likely have to roll the rear fenders a bit for any tire. Especially on a butt-heavy cabrio.

215/45/16 is an easier fit.

Thank you.
                    WTB: MTech II Body Parts. Cabrio main drive bar for power top. Front valance, bend free. Perfect leather airbag wheel. "iS" Lip, any color.

PLEASE DON'T BUY FROM bimmerbumco ON EBAY

Comment

Hey jay I have a 89 325is with billy sports and h&r sport will 15x7et20 with 205/50/15 azenies fit perfectly?

Comment

12mm all around is good. With just a flat fender roll you should be fine with that setup.
                        Should I run a 15 in the rear to make it more flush???
                        Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                          I'm sure its in here somewhere, but I'll go ahead and ask.

What would the desireable offset range be to run a 225/50/15 in:
                          7"
                          7.5"
                          8"

Any idea when the RS3 is coming out? Otherwise I might do something crazy like run the R888 or RA1 in that size on the Enkei RPF1 or similar, under 10lbs!
                          You dream up a new wheel/tire setup daily. Seek help.

ET25, ET25, ET20. If the tire is absolutely massive (over 9.3" section width or so) you may need to run a 3mm spacer with the latter 2 to clear the struts.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasE30 View Post
                            16x7 +15 offset
                            16x8 0 offset

How much fender rolling to fit those in? i assume 215/50/16 all around for little stretch?

Thanks.
                            Very aggressive on the rear. You'd be running 205/45/16 just for clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cream View Post
                              Hey jay I have a 89 325is with billy sports and h&r sport will 15x7et20 with 205/50/15 azenies fit perfectly?
                              Oh yeah, perfect fit. No fender rolling, and those tires made my car happy. I miss them.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                                Should I run a 15 in the rear to make it more flush???
                                Sure why not. Just 3mm more rolling, which isn't much.

Comment

Working...
                                X