Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 16X8 ET18 in front and ET23 in rear.

What are the tires sizes i can use that will fit under unmodified body work? I dont mind some stretch but i dont want to roll fenders.

205/50/16?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Hay Jason

Well im interested in the ESM BBS replicas http://www.esmwheels.com/Wheel_002.html as you can see there are 16x7.5 fit which i will hit on the front but as for the back i want to go the 16x9s. Now i did look and found some threads on the topic but im all confuesed now. So with the 16x9 on the back what et is better 20 or 10, what tyerwill i need, and will i need the roll the guards alot.

Keep in mind im buying the bilistien sports and H&R Race springs from BMP next week so ill have a stiff setup.

Thanks alot for you time
      sigpic

Comment

^ my guess is go for the 10 offset with some stretch, and rolled fenders. Im sure Jay can go into more depth/ correct me if im wrong

Comment

Mistikal:
          Right now i have 15" kosei et27 with 225/50/15 hankook's
          Like many on here i am interested in performance, and traction, not looks

2 questions:
          From what i have read on here, with a 16" wheel 225's are too big, and the largest you can run is 215? Please chime in with a combo that works if im wrong

Also ive seen some people running 235's on a 17" rim, but Ive seen on this thread that this wont work with the most popular et20 7.5" 17's that are available. (kopi, apex light weight, etc..) What offset will allow 235's to fit on a 17" rim?

I dont mind rolling the fenders, just trying to work out what its going to take to get more traction than i currently have

THanks
          Evan

Comment

Alright guys... a few questions:

Researched this and either I'm too slow to understand (probably the case), or this combo wasn't answered elsewhere. I'm going to pick up a set of Keskin KT1 Klassiks very soon. The fronts are 16x7.5 +35mm and the rears are 16x9 +15mm or +25mm.

Fronts: I know I will need to run a 10mm spacer which puts the fronts at +25mm. This should give a bit of extra strut clearance, correct? Want to run a 225/40/16. Will I rub the strut? I don't mind rolling, or even pulling the fenders if needed. I've done both before.

Rears: Which offset would be best for tire clearance? +15mm or +25mm? From what I've read in this thread, I should go with the +15mm. I want to run 245/35/16 (weird tire size I know) in the rear. Is this a dream or is it possible with rolling & pulling, or possibly just rolling? The car is not uber low, and no plans to drop in the future. Running h&r sports on a 91 318is.

Thanks guys for any help with this decision as the wheel guy is just waiting for a decision. :)
            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
            -----------------------------------------
            91 318is Turbo Sold
            87 325 Daily driver Sold
            06 4.8is X5
            06 Mtec X3
            05 4.4i X5 Sold
            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
            90 325i Sold
            97 328is Sold
            01 323ci Sold
            92 325i Sold
            83 528e Totaled
            98 328i Sold
            93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
              hey mystikal, got another one for you.

I just bought some 245/35/18 falken fk452 for a set of 18x8.5 BBS RC's in et13. how will the tire sit on the rim? blocked, bloated, stretched?

thanks
              Somewhere between dead blocked and the slightest stretch. Maybe a 87 degree angle towards stretch. No, there was no math involved in the making of that figure. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                I have 16X8 ET18 in front and ET23 in rear.

What are the tires sizes i can use that will fit under unmodified body work? I dont mind some stretch but i dont want to roll fenders.

205/50/16?
                First off you have them backwards. With that setup, the front wheels will be significantly further out than the rears.

Switch them around, then run 205/45/16 all around. 205/50/16 is actually the correct diameter, but with a wheel setup that aggressive and your want to avoid fender rolling, you'll need the extra clearance that the 205/45 will provide.

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
                  Hay Jason

Well im interested in the ESM BBS replicas http://www.esmwheels.com/Wheel_002.html as you can see there are 16x7.5 fit which i will hit on the front but as for the back i want to go the 16x9s. Now i did look and found some threads on the topic but im all confuesed now. So with the 16x9 on the back what et is better 20 or 10, what tyerwill i need, and will i need the roll the guards alot.

Keep in mind im buying the bilistien sports and H&R Race springs from BMP next week so ill have a stiff setup.

Thanks alot for you time
                  Either the ET10 or ET20 will fit your car, just the ET10 version will sit 10mm further out.

If you're going with a staggered setup, get the ET20 version. With the 7.5" wheel up front, the ET10 setup would look ridiculous (it would be MUCH MUCH further poking out than the front wheel).

For the front you can run almost anything. 195/50, 205/45, 205/50, 215/45, 215/40, 225/40, 225/45...they'll all fit without any fender rolling at all.

On the rear, there is less room for error. 205/45, 215/40, 215/45 will all fit. You may have to roll the rear fenders very slightly for the 215s.

Comment

Originally posted by evangreen View Post
                    Mistikal:
                    Right now i have 15" kosei et27 with 225/50/15 hankook's
                    Like many on here i am interested in performance, and traction, not looks

2 questions:
                    From what i have read on here, with a 16" wheel 225's are too big, and the largest you can run is 215? Please chime in with a combo that works if im wrong

Also ive seen some people running 235's on a 17" rim, but Ive seen on this thread that this wont work with the most popular et20 7.5" 17's that are available. (kopi, apex light weight, etc..) What offset will allow 235's to fit on a 17" rim?

I dont mind rolling the fenders, just trying to work out what its going to take to get more traction than i currently have

THanks
                    Evan
                    You can easily run 225's on a 16". Hell I have guys running 245's on a 16" without even rolling the fenders, it's all about getting the offset just right.

For 235/40/17 fitment you want the offset in the 24-27 range. 17x8" works best. With this setup, you will hardly even need to roll the fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                      Alright guys... a few questions:

Researched this and either I'm too slow to understand (probably the case), or this combo wasn't answered elsewhere. I'm going to pick up a set of Keskin KT1 Klassiks very soon. The fronts are 16x7.5 +35mm and the rears are 16x9 +15mm or +25mm.

Fronts: I know I will need to run a 10mm spacer which puts the fronts at +25mm. This should give a bit of extra strut clearance, correct? Want to run a 225/40/16. Will I rub the strut? I don't mind rolling, or even pulling the fenders if needed. I've done both before.

Rears: Which offset would be best for tire clearance? +15mm or +25mm? From what I've read in this thread, I should go with the +15mm. I want to run 245/35/16 (weird tire size I know) in the rear. Is this a dream or is it possible with rolling & pulling, or possibly just rolling? The car is not uber low, and no plans to drop in the future. Running h&r sports on a 91 318is.

Thanks guys for any help with this decision as the wheel guy is just waiting for a decision. :)
                      15mm spacer on the fronts with 225/40/16 tires.
                      ET25 version on the rear with 245/35/16 tires. Slight fender roll to get those to fit, but you may actually get away without it.

BTW they sell that wheel in an ET20 7.5" for the fronts, I'd recommend just getting that.

Comment

Hey Mystikal

I'm have 87 325is with KoniSA/ IE stage3 setup. I want to run 16x7.5 ET20 wheel all around. What size tire do recommend and will it require pulling or rolling the fenders? Thanks!

Comment

Mystikal, thanks a bunch for the info. I'd love to get the +20mm fronts but they are out of stock in that size. So I'll get the +35mm and run the 15mm spacers (hubcentric of course) to make them a +20mm basically... is that logic correct?

Glad to hear I can run 245/35/16 in the rear as I have always been a fan of meat in the rear.
                          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                          -----------------------------------------
                          91 318is Turbo Sold
                          87 325 Daily driver Sold
                          06 4.8is X5
                          06 Mtec X3
                          05 4.4i X5 Sold
                          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                          90 325i Sold
                          97 328is Sold
                          01 323ci Sold
                          92 325i Sold
                          83 528e Totaled
                          98 328i Sold
                          93 325i Sold

Comment

Got a question about wheel and tire fitment, but more keen on getting an answer for wheels.

Currently looking at getting a set of 16"x7" Rota Grids (4x100, Hub bore of 67.1) with an et 40. Now, will I need any spacers to be able to fit these? (Possibly 5mm?). If I do need spacers, what size lug bolt would be perfered. I also want to be clear that these will be on an E30 sedan.

A suggested tire size will be helpful too!

Sorry, but I'm a total noub when upgrading wheels haha
                            Thanks in advance!
                            1990 BMW E30 325i sedan (Brilliantrot)

Comment

Youll need spacers for sure with et 40, maybe 20mm

Comment

How are the htrz???

Herd mixed opinions about them..

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                                X