Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Depends on the E30. Early arches it's around 10mm offset difference, late models, 5mm.

Early with rolled fenders, wheels are Azev type A.

this is a pic of the car.
    Originally posted by e30e
    lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Ive been reading on here and seen the 18racing.com and the rotas they carry. Love the slipstreams but really love the D2's. But the HB isnt 57.1 its 56.1. Can they bore it out to this spec, or do i just need to stick with the slipstreams? I want either a 15x7 or 16x7 and something in a 225 flavor. What is the widest wheel and tire i can fit without rolling? Also what if the wheels HB is larger than 57.1 is there any thing i would need to take up the difference since its larger? Thanks for the help, any constructive directions will be greatly appreciated.
      1989 325i - sold
      1987 RX-7 Turbo II - sold
      1990 325i

Comment

Originally posted by TheB1G Lebowski View Post
        Ive been reading on here and seen the 18racing.com and the rotas they carry. Love the slipstreams but really love the D2's. But the HB isnt 57.1 its 56.1. Can they bore it out to this spec, or do i just need to stick with the slipstreams? I want either a 15x7 or 16x7 and something in a 225 flavor. What is the widest wheel and tire i can fit without rolling? Also what if the wheels HB is larger than 57.1 is there any thing i would need to take up the difference since its larger? Thanks for the help, any constructive directions will be greatly appreciated.
        You can have them bored out.
        Widest, 245s if you get everything perfect.
        Hubcentric rings make up for extra space.

Comment

^^^What would make it "perfect"? I dont want that wide but its always good to know. :) Thanks. Oh and what offset should i get from the get go? If i wanted to get something with a 3" lip is there a different offset i should use? Thanks for the help. Also with the Rota slipstreams in 15x7 they list a 35 and 40 offset, what is best for me.
          Last edited by TheB1G Lebowski; 12-24-2009, 07:19 PM.
          1989 325i - sold
          1987 RX-7 Turbo II - sold
          1990 325i

Comment

Thanks for keeping this thread alive mystikal!
            Do you work in a tire shop?

I have "euro weaves" w/ rolled fenders and got some free (rears only) 215/60/15s.
            Was wondering if they'd work with ie3s.

I've ran 205/60/15s all around.
            Thought those were perfect height.
            Will these 215/60/15 be a problem in the rear?

Comment

I've got 16x7 et35 wheels and will be running 205/50/16 BFG KDW2s. My car is lowered on IE3s with non-rolled fenders. From what I'm reading, I'm thinking 10mm spacers would be the ideal, right? Also, I'll be buying wheel studs, so what length will I need?
              sigpic

Comment

What would have to be done to make this flush with a bit of poke....
                Slamburglars Handbook:

5. Slamburglars don't get stuck on speed bumps, speed bumps get stuck on Slamburglars

Comment

what is the taper on bmw lug nuts. Wheels I ordered require 60 tapered lug nuts an I wanted to see if I could use the stock bolts.

Powered By Ford

Comment

^^ No, you need to order the proper lugs.
                    I forget where I got mine from. But remember the diamond steelies are lug centric, thats what keeps the wheel center.
                    So if you dont buy the right lugs it will cause the lug holes to rip.

Edit, here are lugs, you can buy studs all over.

Last edited by White325is; 01-03-2010, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Mystical, any good with E28's?

I'm going to be fitting my ACT's on my new E28 that will be slammed, and these look like they need a stretch! what size tire should i run, and do you have a brand recommendation for all seasons?

the wheels specs are:

Fronts are 8.5Jx16H2 ET10
                      Rears are 9.5Jx16H2 ET14

16x9.5 pictured
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                        ^^ No, you need to order the proper lugs.
                        I forget where I got mine from. But remember the diamond steelies are lug centric, thats what keeps the wheel center.
                        So if you dont buy the right lugs it will cause the lug holes to rip.

Edit, here are lugs, you can buy studs all over.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Me..._Code=TIT-RACE
                        Thanks, so not running spacers what size studs should I use?