Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
    Could i get a 16X8 at et -2 in the back with a 205/45 on an early model with fenders rolled flat? I have them at et 3 and still have some space and want to go out further.
    You're pushing it, but if you have 5mm of visible room there go for it. Worst case you swap the spacers out, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Springs rates have little to do with ride quality actually. It's the dampers and tires that do the majority of the work. And with the Bilsteins, things will be pretty rough no matter what spring rate you go with.

Because of the aggressive rear offset, I'd go with 400/550 or similar. That's probably at the upper limit for what the dampers can handle, but I'd still shoot for that level of tension.

You won't need plates or anything else.
      Thanks!! You are the man, I'll be sure to post pics later.

Comment

5-lug e30 with e36 m3 front and e30 m3 rear possible to fit 17x8.5 et13 all around? If so what tire size? possible 225/35/17

Comment

16x10 in the back, whats the highest offset I can run before I hit the trailing arm/spring perch?
          Byron
          Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            Go with 215/40. 215/45 is a very tall tire for an e30.

You'll also likely have a slight rub on the rear if you didn't roll your fenders yet.
            Thanks! i just got a set of 215/40/17 and will post pics when mounted.
            1991 318IS

Comment

Jay,

I have two options that I want to try and would like to know what issues I might run into.

Car is an E30 convertible lowered on GC coilovers, low rear arches, fenders will be rolled.

Option 1:
              16x8 ET12 225/45/16

Option 2:
              16x7 ET-2 205/50/16

Thanks in advance!

Comment

ok wheel guys. I am trying to pick up a set of 15x9 -6 with a rim depth of 107mm. they are the same size all around. will i need a spacer anywhere? And, if someone has some pictures of something similar in size on an e30, even if it is 16x9, that would be appreciated.

right now i have 15x8 et0 (sportmax) and they are slightly sunk so i think this new fitment will get rid of any sunkness.
                Last edited by omar85; 01-21-2010, 12:10 AM.

Comment

15x9 +7 will only be 5mm farther out then 15x8 ET0
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    15x9 +7 will only be 5mm farther out then 15x8 ET0
                    good point i will edit that out of the options. i need more then 5mm outwards.

i also got rid of the staggered option.

Comment

this thread is a mess, and its pretty hard to search through, someone should put together a table.

anyhow i am looking for some wheels/tires for my 86 (full fender wells in rear) right now im considereing the LTW5s which are 15x7 et25. this will be used mostly on the street but possibly some dual duty (until i can get a second set of wheels). Id like to get as much tire on the ground, obviously, since im going to swap the 3.0l stroker into this car. recommendations please.

Thanks
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

225/45/16 16x8 +17 offset will they fit?

Comment

Any problem using BfGoodrich tires from 2005 production?

Comment

Just bought new wheels, they are 15x7 ET18. I was planning on using 205/55R15 tires on them. I'm runnig H&R Sports and Billstein Sports on an early model (high arches). These should be fine without any fender rolling or other craziness right?

I don't have the wheels in hand yet, but I would like to get some rubber coming so I can get everything together asap...
                            Last edited by RainierHooker; 01-23-2010, 09:58 PM.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

16x9 Et 8,215/40 or 45?
                              16x10 Et 8,225/40 or 35?

in another note, 16x7 et 33. They wont fit front without ??mm spacers? 16x8 et 33 in rear?

Doesn't mind little poke and little work on fender
                              Last edited by TexasE30; 01-23-2010, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                                Any problem using BfGoodrich tires from 2005 production?
                                The question stands.

Comment

Working...
                                X