Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BDK View Post
    how about a set of BBS Style 5's staggered,
    16x8 et 23 up front (or 16x7.5 et 20 which would be better?)
    16x8.5 et 24 rears....
    running e30m3 5 lug with konis/spax on an 89 cab......
    Looking at Falken 452's as I always ran the 451's on my M535i and M5.... 225-45/16
    Thanks!!!!
    I know for a fact that the 16x8 +23s require 5mm spacers to clear the calipers if your pads aren't very worn. The 16x7.5 might clear without, so they may be a better choice. They'll also tuck it a bit better, the E38 ones poke a little.

On the rear, you'll need a flat fender roll and a prayer. It'll be tight, but should just work.

Comment

Any suggestions on what size spacers I should run on my car? (Was told a 12mm in the rear would be good) Any other suggestions for the front?

15x7 et20 Borbet Type A's wrapped in 205/50/15 Falken ZE-912's

Current ride height:

Comment

i just picked up a set of oz fittipaldi indy's 15x7 et26 4x100. what would a good tire be for all around daily driver status with just a bit of stretch?
        Also what will i need in the way of spacers ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          I know for a fact that the 16x8 +23s require 5mm spacers to clear the calipers if your pads aren't very worn. The 16x7.5 might clear without, so they may be a better choice. They'll also tuck it a bit better, the E38 ones poke a little.

On the rear, you'll need a flat fender roll and a prayer. It'll be tight, but should just work.
          Thanks Jay!

Comment

Originally posted by khnordeen View Post
            Any suggestions on what size spacers I should run on my car? (Was told a 12mm in the rear would be good) Any other suggestions for the front?

15x7 et20 Borbet Type A's wrapped in 205/50/15 Falken ZE-912's

Current ride height:

I usually like to suggest a 5-8mm stagger F-R. So if you want 12mm in the rear (which is a lot, and will require slight fender rolling), then a 5-7mm in the front would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by jintermont View Post
              i just picked up a set of oz fittipaldi indy's 15x7 et26 4x100. what would a good tire be for all around daily driver status with just a bit of stretch?
              Also what will i need in the way of spacers ?
              You're not stretching anything on a 7", so why not just go 225/50/15 and enjoy the manly tire look and performance? Just an idea. Otherwise stick to 205/55, and no spacers are necessary.

Comment

Im running a 215/40 on a 16x9. I need to gain 3/8 inch of a drop when I air out my bags in the front..
                What size tire do you suggest to give me that drop?
                I was thinking 205/40 rear 195/40 front.???
                What do you think of the yoko s drives?

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                  Im running a 215/40 on a 16x9. I need to gain 3/8 inch of a drop when I air out my bags in the front..
                  What size tire do you suggest to give me that drop?
                  I was thinking 205/40 rear 195/40 front.???
                  What do you think of the yoko s drives?
                  205/45. Smaller than that starts looking stupid from a direct-on side view (huge gaps front and rear of the tire).

S.drives are poor in the wet, and not that great in the dry. Look nice though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    I usually like to suggest a 5-8mm stagger F-R. So if you want 12mm in the rear (which is a lot, and will require slight fender rolling), then a 5-7mm in the front would be good.
                    Thanks a lot, I appreciate the response.

Just out of curiosity, what would be the most you would suggest that wouldn't require fender rolling?

Thanks

-Kyle

Comment

Im not worried about huge gaps from the side. when I drive my car I raise it up so I have like 3 inches of fender room. I just need the fender lip to be even with the wheel lip when I air out the bags. The rear I got, front I need a little more.

rear good..

front no good..

Comment

I have 16x7.5 et25 with 215/45/16 and added 15mm spacers all around to make it +10 all around.

Lowered on HR Sport springs with Bilstein HD shocks and lower front and rear eibach sway bars. I keep rubbing on rear passenger side on turns and dips but never on left side. I thought it was the shock so i replaced it and same thing happened. Help!!!

Comment

Originally posted by khnordeen View Post
                          Thanks a lot, I appreciate the response.

Just out of curiosity, what would be the most you would suggest that wouldn't require fender rolling?

Thanks

-Kyle
                          10mm should *just* clear. It's tight.

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                            Im not worried about huge gaps from the side. when I drive my car I raise it up so I have like 3 inches of fender room. I just need the fender lip to be even with the wheel lip when I air out the bags. The rear I got, front I need a little more.
                            Then by all means, go small!

Comment

Originally posted by joonsup View Post
                              I have 16x7.5 et25 with 215/45/16 and added 15mm spacers all around to make it +10 all around.

Lowered on HR Sport springs with Bilstein HD shocks and lower front and rear eibach sway bars. I keep rubbing on rear passenger side on turns and dips but never on left side. I thought it was the shock so i replaced it and same thing happened. Help!!!
                              It happens. You roll the fender yet?

Comment

18x8½in with 225 35 18. what offset? No spacers, will be rolling and pulling fenders to fit, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X