Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsobering47 View Post
    Thanks man, I was hoping they would fit. Stupid question: If I swap E30 M3 front suspension bits, would basically any wheel that could fit on an e30 m3 fit on my car? (restricted to 16", and rarely 17".....no 18" wheels)
    Not any, as the M3 has much more fender space.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOtherGuy View Post
      Hey man, I'm bout to pick up a set of bbs Rs 070 et16 15x7's.
      I don't really want to roll my fenders.

Will these fit? And what tire should i run to get a stretched look.

I'm running IE 3's and bout to put on billi sports.
      (Sorry if someone has already asked but looking through 243 pages is alot of work lol :) )
      You can't stretch anything on a 7" rim unless it's a 165. I'd go 195/55, no spacer needed unless you run into caliper clearance issues.

Comment

Originally posted by JuanPabloBongto View Post
        I found an awesome deal on some great tires, but there's just one thing: They are 225/50/r15

I would be running them on wheels 15x7", with offset et26.

Worth considering?

(suspension is bilstein sport - h&r sport)
        Will fit just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by anstead610 View Post
          I am going to be running Style 19's, 17x8 et20. I am on GC 500f/700r coilovers. What tire size is recommended for this? I am not going crazy low like i am currently in my sig, i am going for a nice stance.
          215/40 with flat rear fender lips, 205/40 otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Slovik View Post
            Hi Jay,

I'm running ESM 002 16" x 7.5" et20 on my 91 318is. I had some 225/50-16 laying around and put those on just to get some use out of them but obviously they are a bit too large. I will be putting on some lowering springs (about a 1.5" drop) shortly and need to change tires before then. Would 215/50-16 work or should I go to with the more standard 205/50-16. Want to have no rub at all if possible.

Thanks,

Seth
            I recommend 205/50 or 225/45.

Comment

Originally posted by ReSoP View Post
              will 15x7 et +15 with 205/50s fit?

and its on ie springs with billy sports
              You may need a very minor rear fender roll depending on exact tire used. Nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by ReSoP View Post
                or a 15x7.5 with a 30mm offset
                5mm spacer on the front to clear struts.

Comment

Originally posted by anstead610 View Post
                  One more question. 17x9 et20 wheels. what tire should i run for these? 225/45 R17 sound right?
                  215/40, and even then an aggressive rear roll is necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by richardb View Post
                    16x8 e38 style 5's, on 225/45R16. ET23. On a late model with 20mm spacers all around (wheel adapters). On HR race with spring pads in still. This doable?
                    Even without the spacers fender rolling is necessary. So unless you're adding flares or pulling the fenders way way out, no.

Comment

Originally posted by IRUNEDM View Post
                      I have 16x8 +20 and gonna go with 215/45-16 tires. Will this fit fine? Thanks in advance.
                      May very slightly brush the rear arches with passengers. A minor roll will solve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                        215/40 with flat rear fender lips, 205/40 otherwise.
                        What do you mean "flat rear fender lips"? like pulled or do you mean the lip on the lip? haha, the flat lip inside the arch, you mean flatten that against the actual arch? I'm confusing myself trying to explain it.

Forgot to add the style 19s are being redrilled to 4x100, i am not running a 5 lug swap. (if that makes the offset different)

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

Thanks man.
                          Originally posted by jasonsnoddy
                          I don't always drift, but when I do, I prefer ford fiestas

Comment

Thinking of upping my current 215/40 Pzero Nerros on the Kopis (17x7.5, et20) to a 215/45 Continental Extreme DWs for a bit more sidewall compliance. Any issues? I don't currently rub, but shit is pretty low...

Comment

Mystikal your the man.

I found some dirt cheap 205/55/16's for my MMII's with spacers. Think it would fit? At least on the front, I'm on Ie3's.

Cheers.

Comment

Looking for some advice on my setup.

88' 325i Sedan
                                KYB's and HR Sports
                                TRM C1's 15x8

Should I go 225 and if I did would I need any roll on the fenders?
                                Should I just do 205 to avoid any trouble? (It's just a street car anyways for now)
                                How much does this all change if I go Vogtland Springs instead of HR?

Thanks!
                                Cars for Sale:

1989 E30 327i - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...0&postcount=12

Comment

Working...
                                X