Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know what these are?

Gracias
    Got all da Alpine bitches mad cuz my main bitch Calypso.

Comment

Hi Mystical! I wanted to know if 17x8 et38 would fit my 1991 318is, and if so what look would it give. I was looking to maybe do a stretched look so with mags flush to fender... What tires would I need? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by e30BMart View Post
        Hi Mystical! I wanted to know if 17x8 et38 would fit my 1991 318is, and if so what look would it give. I was looking to maybe do a stretched look so with mags flush to fender... What tires would I need? Thanks
        Your not gonna be anywhere near flush with an 8" wide wheel and a +38 offset. Your going to need to get anywhere from a 30mm to 35mm spacer. Depending on how low you are. With a 35mm space, you should be pretty damn close to flush. The common stretch size to run on an 8" wide wheel is going to be a 195/45. Its a rubber band tire. And you only have one or two options in that size as far as i know. But much taller and your gonna be in rub city.
        Turbo m30 drift car build.
        500whp or bust.
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=256525

Comment

Originally posted by MR.LUGO View Post
          http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7...535iwheels.jpg

anyone know what these are?

Gracias
          They look like a common euroline replica wheel. I could be wrong.
          Turbo m30 drift car build.
          500whp or bust.
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=256525

Comment

Ok never mind those then. What about 15x8 et25? Can those be flush or close to flush with streatches tires? ((Og sans wheels))

Comment

Using robs 20mm 4x100 to 5x120 adapters with e34 style 5s 15x7 et20 225/60/15 tires. Will they rub if dropped say on ie3 or eibach prokit?

Comment

Hey guys, I have some 7x15" wheels that I want to swap lips to 8x15".
                The seller told me they're ET30, but that seems like bullcrap because I measured the backspace and it is 115mm, which should mean they're 7x15" ET13.
                They have a 1.5in lip, so I've been looking at 2.5in lips to swap. If my calculations are correct, this would make the wheel 8x15" ET0.

Is this offset too agressive for track wheels? My intention was to run 225/45 tires, I'd be ok with 205/50 though.
                No worries about the front fenders, I have fiberglass ones, not sure about the rear, though they're already rolled.

Thoughts?
                Last edited by Fusion; 06-21-2011, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Hello!

I have 16x9 et25 wheels on a square setup. Tires are 215/40/16. Fenders are rolled. Coilovers are going to be installed. At the moment they don't clear the front strut housings. What size spacer should I use? Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Heyitzsushiboi View Post
                    Hello!

I have 16x9 et25 wheels on a square setup. Tires are 215/40/16. Fenders are rolled. Coilovers are going to be installed. At the moment they don't clear the front strut housings. What size spacer should I use? Thanks!!!
                    You'll need a ~15mm spacer up front. And a 20-25mm spacer out back if you want to keep your "stance" even f/r.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      You'll need a ~15mm spacer up front. And a 20-25mm spacer out back if you want to keep your "stance" even f/r.
                      That's gonna be a heck of a lotta poke! Nothing smaller fits up front? Should I get 205/40 tires instead? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by unloadedak View Post
                        Trying to get widest autox tires on my E36M3 front/318ti rear 5 lug swap, ground control coilovers as well.

I'm currently running the BBS Style 5 17x8 et20 with a 215/40-17, quarters mildly flared out and front lips rolled.

Question is, I am being given a set of 17x8 et47 track wheels, can I run 245/40-17 BFG R1 or should I just go for the 235/40-17?

Thanks
                        Adam
                        With either tire you'll likely need spacers to clear the front springs/perches. I say test fit first, then see. You may need up to 20mm of spacing depending on spring length and ride height.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkydriverx View Post
                          hey jay,
                          I have a late model. Thanks to you my setup fits perfectly. 15x8et20 on 225/50's. Looks super aggressive. The front fits amazing. The rear appears to be sunken from the fender lip. although because its a late model it has that bump in the inner fender. So its only clearing that by mm. My question is, can I bang that bump out a little bit without fucking up my fender on the exterior? I want to run a 10mm spacer out back.
                          thanks man
                          Nope, it'll show pretty much immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by e30BMart View Post
                            Ok never mind those then. What about 15x8 et25? Can those be flush or close to flush with streatches tires? ((Og sans wheels))
                            Still not flush, and they'll also need 3mm spacers to clear the front struts.

Comment

Originally posted by DuMa View Post
                              Using robs 20mm 4x100 to 5x120 adapters with e34 style 5s 15x7 et20 225/60/15 tires. Will they rub if dropped say on ie3 or eibach prokit?
                              They'll rub before you drop the car off the jack. You'd need tiny tires to pull that off (195/50, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                                Hey guys, I have some 7x15" wheels that I want to swap lips to 8x15".
                                The seller told me they're ET30, but that seems like bullcrap because I measured the backspace and it is 115mm, which should mean they're 7x15" ET13.
                                They have a 1.5in lip, so I've been looking at 2.5in lips to swap. If my calculations are correct, this would make the wheel 8x15" ET0.

Is this offset too agressive for track wheels? My intention was to run 225/45 tires, I'd be ok with 205/50 though.
                                No worries about the front fenders, I have fiberglass ones, not sure about the rear, though they're already rolled.

Thoughts?
                                Way too aggressive. That's a tough fit even with 205s.

Comment

Working...
                                X