Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
    Can I fit 205/55/15 15x7 et28 with 15mm spacer all around. H&R sports, late model.

I have 225/50/15 and don't think I can fit 15mm spacers.

What if I went to H&R races?
    Likely need to roll the rear fenders. 225/50 won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
      I have a set of 17 x 7.5 et 25 3 piece rims. What is the largest tire that will fit with minor fender rolling. The car is a 91 vert with H&R sport vert specific springs and Billy sports.

I have also thought about going to a staggered set and running 8.5 wide rims in the back. I believe that will give me around an et 13 if I get 1" wider lips. Will this work and if so with what size tire?

Cheers,

Jim
      235/40/17 fits.

If you widen them, yes +13 is the new offset, and you'll have to stretch a 215/40 on them.

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
        I am trying to achieve a bbs rs wheel that its final spec would be 16 by 9 +15.

To do so I should look for a wheel with a high offset and maybe 7 inches wide?

Im thinking a wheel thats 16 by 7 +45. So that you can have space to put bigger lips.

Basically if you want big lips you need a high et? Then you measure the size of the lips

that are currently on the wheel then order the new lips accordingly?

For every 1" you add it takes the wheel -12 lower et off the wheel.

For ever 0.5" you add it takes - 6 lower et off the wheel.

Is this correct? Any help would be great im a noob at this bbs rs building.
        Yes yes yes yes yes yes and yes. The last offset calculations are for widening the outer lip, if you're on the inner barrel it's the opposite (add the figures).

Comment

17x9 245/40 or 255/40 Rcomps

Et 0?
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
            17x9 245/40 or 255/40 Rcomps

Et 0?
            Get me a section width (and on what width mounted rim) of the exact r-comp you want. They vary drastically.

Comment

255/40 on a 9" = 10.4 section width.

Obviously inner clearance is the concern since fenders will need serious work.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally Posted by IronmanE30
                I have a set of 17 x 7.5 et 25 3 piece rims. What is the largest tire that will fit with minor fender rolling. The car is a 91 vert with H&R sport vert specific springs and Billy sports.

I have also thought about going to a staggered set and running 8.5 wide rims in the back. I believe that will give me around an et 13 if I get 1" wider lips. Will this work and if so with what size tire?

Cheers,

Jim
                Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                235/40/17 fits.

If you widen them, yes +13 is the new offset, and you'll have to stretch a 215/40 on them.
                Thanks for your help!

I am looking for a wider tire in the rear without stretch and would like to keep with a 40 series tire, so what if I used a 8.5" barrel (I found a set) and a 1" lip for an ET 51 (I think). Can I get an inch or two wider rear tires compared to the fronts to fit.

Cheers,

Jim
                sigpic

Comment

Hey, quick question about 15x8 and 15x9 staggered vs square 15x9 setup. Finally scraped together some cash to get something besides stock weaves, and I'm wondering if a 15x9 et0 square setup will look like shit without spacers, and if so what would you guys recommend for spacers in the back?

Comment

^ you'll have tons of work to do with 15x9 +0 and still be poking some... so spacers are a bad idea
                    GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

16x9 et49 and 16x8 et49, what size adapters and tires? I'm thinking 40mm adapters and 205/45 or 215/45?
                      Last edited by Jbpka06; 07-28-2011, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grippymonkey View Post
                        ^ you'll have tons of work to do with 15x9 +0 and still be poking some... so spacers are a bad idea
                        I guess I'll just pick up the wheels and go from there. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Ok, thanks to you guys I had my setup perfect; 16x8.5 k1 et27 wrapped in 245/35/16 T1r rear and 215/45/16 fronts.

The car is now 95% track use running hsax events and the class I run allows tires with a wear rating of 140, which is a lot better than the 280 the T1r's come in at.

I am having a really hard time finding any tire with a 140 rating in 245/??/16. Any suggestions?

Fenders are rolled flat and slightly pulled, with 10mm spacer front and 5mm rear. The toyos fit beautifully, but I do have room for a wider tire up front and taller aspect all around. I went with 215 fronts to match the OD of the 245s out back.

Open to new size combos as long as my grip is improved over all.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
                          HSAX Instructor

Comment

what is the best tire for 16x8 style 5 et 23? i was thinking 205/45/16. does this sound right? my car will be slammed using coilovers and 10mm spacers up front and 20mm in rear? would 195's be better?

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                            my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              255/40 on a 9" = 10.4 section width.

Obviously inner clearance is the concern since fenders will need serious work.
                              +10 should give you more than enough space for 255s.

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
                                Thanks for your help!

I am looking for a wider tire in the rear without stretch and would like to keep with a 40 series tire, so what if I used a 8.5" barrel (I found a set) and a 1" lip for an ET 51 (I think). Can I get an inch or two wider rear tires compared to the fronts to fit.

Cheers,

Jim
                                What are the original barrel and lip sizes? 7/0.5" or 6.5/1"?

Comment

Working...
                                X