Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simplyclean325i View Post
    running 16x9 10 offset, tires are 205/40/16. i like the stretch a lot but the tires are pretty thin. i'm sitting pretty low but still have finger gap all around and my oil pan is about an inch to inch and half off the ground. i was thinking something around the same lines but something a tad bit beefier so i can try and tuck a little, or close to. what size tire would that be?

also the tires im running are falken azensis
    205/40 is a silly tire for an E30. 205/45 is what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by ricerscott View Post
      So I am looking at getting a set of the xxr 527 wheels, and they run in 2 sizes that I would like. 17x8.25 with +25 and +35 offset. I was just curious if I could get away with running the +25's on the front and rear with 235/40/17 tires. I don't mind doing fender rolling either so that is not an issue. I was just worrying about the front being poked out to far with the +25's, or will it be fine?
      Wait what's the width, 8.5? Assuming yes, your front strut clearance will be minimal and will probably just touch when you mount the tires. You'll want 3-5mm spacers to clear safely.

Yes, the fronts will be slightly poking without camber plates and around -3 degrees set. The rear will need a flat fender roll and decent spring rates.

Comment

Originally posted by colin.jeremie View Post
        She recently got a 91 e30 vert. plastic bumper front - aluminum bumper rear - cashmerebeige - tan - black top. I ordered the eibach springs 1.7"front and 0.8" rear drop, with the bilstein sports.... Gonna cheap out on the wheels and go with esm 012s in gold.
        17x7.54x1002057.1
        17 X 7.5 et20..... can i run 215-40-17 with no problems.... she's pretty peeved that the 19 X 9.5s have been rubbing the rear arches of her B6 passat for the last 2 years:mrgreen:
        Yup, no rolling needed.

Comment

Hi Mystikal I have 16x9 Borbets et15 the previous owner was running 215/40/16's I think the tire size is too small ( IN HEIGHT). What do you think? It is going on a 87 convertible with a ground control coil over kit 450/750 spring rate. I'm trying to pick new tires up before the weekend. Thanks for your help...

edit: I did a check on 1010tires.com it seems on paper a 225/40/16 would be almost perfect. But I think with my offset and not really wanting to roll fenders too much I cant go that wide???? Thanks again
          Last edited by ill4noreason; 05-18-2011, 05:57 AM.
          My Multi car part out. Need a part? Pm me...
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=193051

Need 24v swap parts? How about a LSD? Plastic Bumpers? Or anything else click here...
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215044

Have you done business with me? If so leave me feedback here...
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188307

Comment

someone has for sale a set of ronal five star wheels that are 16x7 et 23 bolt pattern 5x120 I want to know what size adapters would I have to run and tires if they would fit. I am also on eibach springs. Thanks. Sorry for no pics on my cell

Comment

A 17x9 +25 offset. What size tire/spacer (if any) would I need to run?

Thank you.

Comment

Would 17x8" wheels with 20mm offset and 235/40R17 tires fit on an E30 with an E30 M3 5-lug swap? What kind of fender rolling and/or spacer would be needed?
                Last edited by bubbajan21; 05-21-2011, 04:30 PM. Reason: Spelling correction

Comment

thinking about picking up some wheels from a buddy to ditch my borbets. they are 15x7 so i know ill have clearance but the offset is 38, i think they are sportmax 002, will they fit
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    Wait what's the width, 8.5? Assuming yes, your front strut clearance will be minimal and will probably just touch when you mount the tires. You'll want 3-5mm spacers to clear safely.

Yes, the fronts will be slightly poking without camber plates and around -3 degrees set. The rear will need a flat fender roll and decent spring rates.
                    The width on them is actually 8.25 and not 8.5. Will the front still poke out or be pretty flush?

Comment

just a heads up to anyone wanting to run iX wheels on a RWD E30, there is a good amount of misinformation out there and i was mislead which caused me to waste $70 on the wrong size of spacers.

you need at least 5mm for ONLY the rim to clear, if you have wheel weights they hit the strut, i have 205/55 tires and they sit tight to the strut. you need at least 10mm in the front if you want the tire to clear.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                      That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Question: With adapters, will these work well on a e30 'vert? Thanks!

BBS RS 174 fronts and BBS RS 244 rears.
                        Fronts: 16x7 et33 5x114.3 73mm centerbore
                        Rears: 16x8 et33 5x114.3 73mm centerbore

Comment

in addition, are there adapters available for this?

Comment

^You can order adapters from:

LedJetta (member here and dealer for Adaptec)
                            Motorsport-Tech

These would be the two vendors I would do business with when it comes to adapters. I'm not saying any other companies can't/don't make high quality products, just that these are who I would personally use.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              ^You can order adapters from:

LedJetta (member here and dealer for Adaptec)
                              Motorsport-Tech

These would be the two vendors I would do business with when it comes to adapters. I'm not saying any other companies can't/don't make high quality products, just that these are who I would personally use.
                              thanks for the reply, in addition to your IM. I'm thinking that custom adapters @ about 20mm each would be ideal.

Comment

Okay,

Just bought some 16x7 BBS CH's ET43 off a member here.

I'm going to put 215/45/16's on them (225/45/16 selection sucked, couldn't find any good prices or tire selection).

How well will these fit, ignoring the centerbore (they're being bored from 54.3mm to 57.1mm).

Will I need spacers, or will I be able to run them without? Ideally I'll run them without, for cost effectiveness, but if I need them, what size would you guys recommend?

My E30 is a 91 318iC, sitting on Ireland Engineer Stage 3 Race springs.

Any help is appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                                X