Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gills View Post
    First off, thanks for being so helpful. Much appreciated.

I just want to make sure that you know I'm using a full MZ3/coupe full rear setup, so will they actually be mismatched on the E30? Based on Calvin Zero's 5-lug conversion site, I won't be that mismatched (?) http://clavinzero.com/e30-5-lug/

Thanks again...
    Mismatched relative to the fronts.

Comment

Originally posted by CLM21 View Post
      I am in the process of an LS swap and want to run at least 275+ on the back, and at least want the option of doing the same on the front. Was looking at ccw wheels. Something like this probably in the 17x11:
      http://www.ccwheel.com/wheels-display.php?view=Classic2PC

What all is needed to fit a tire size this large on an e30?

Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything, I'm new to this platform.
      Metal cutting and fender flares. Anything larger than a 245 requires body modding.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        Mismatched relative to the fronts.
        got ya.

Ok, here's what I'm leaning towards:

Staggered Apex ARC-8's

Front: 17x8.5 et40
        Rear: 17x9 et30

Tires: 225/45 front with 255/40 rear (25" OD for both), or just 235/40 all around (24.4" OD)

Let me know what you think,
        Tom
        Last edited by gills; 03-12-2014, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisbane E30 View Post
          I have a 1991 E30 318is with an S50B32 conversion.

I am running KW V2 suspension and the wheel specs are as follows:

Simmons FR18
          F: 18x8 ET 15
          R: 18x9 ET 25

Tyres currently are 225/35/18.

Given the engine swap I am wanting to run stickier rubber (looking at Bridgestone RE-11s) and wider tyres.

The rear guards are rolled.

Would 235/35/18 or 245/35/18 fit? And if so what should I run on the front?

Cheers.
          Nice wheels. Unfortunately you're just about at the limit for tire fitment. The fronts are maxed out at 225/35 and the rears could just take a 235/35. 245/35 will rub.

Comment

Originally posted by gills View Post
            got ya.

Ok, here's what I'm leaning towards:

Staggered Apex ARC-8's

Front: 17x8.5 et40
            Rear: 17x9 et30

Tires: 225/45 front with 255/40 rear (25" OD for both), or just 235/40 all around (24.4" OD)

Let me know what you think,
            Tom
            Good wheel choice. 235/40 all around is safe, but 245/40 rears are possible if the fitment is just right. I can't say 100% for sure as experience with Z3M setups is a bit scarce. Might be a good idea to test fit the wheels first.

Comment

Nice wheels. Unfortunately you're just about at the limit for tire fitment. The fronts are maxed out at 225/35 and the rears could just take a 235/35. 245/35 will rub.
              Mate thank you very much for your reply.

If I can fit 235/35 under the rear (I will see if I can grab a tyre in that size for a test fit) am I better off going something like a 215/40 front?

Cheers,

Tim.
              E30 318is S50B32 powered
              sigpic

Comment

16x8 Offset +25 lowered 3 inches on race land coil overs. And now I need tires but I don't know what size I can I while keeping stock fenders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mate thank you very much for your reply.

If I can fit 235/35 under the rear (I will see if I can grab a tyre in that size for a test fit) am I better off going something like a 215/40 front?

Cheers,

Tim.
                  No definitely not, 215/40/18 is much too tall. 225/35 is ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuai87 View Post
                    16x8 Offset +25 lowered 3 inches on race land coil overs. And now I need tires but I don't know what size I can I while keeping stock fenders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    3mm front spacers might be necessary depending on where your spring perch lands. Otherwise, 205/45, 205/50, 215/45, and 225/45 all fit.

Comment

No definitely not, 215/40/18 is much too tall. 225/35 is ideal.
                      Can I start by thanking you very much for your advice. It is much appreciated.

I have one further question - if I'm running a 35 series tyre in the rear shouldn't I be running a 40 series in the front to keep rolling diameter much the same? Or will the difference be negligible?

Thank you again.

Tim.
                      E30 318is S50B32 powered
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey folks, what is the best offset for a 16x9 wheel to run a 275/45 out back?
                        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Can I start by thanking you very much for your advice. It is much appreciated.

I have one further question - if I'm running a 35 series tyre in the rear shouldn't I be running a 40 series in the front to keep rolling diameter much the same? Or will the difference be negligible?

Thank you again.

Tim.
                          No, 225/35 is closer in diameter to 235/35 than 215/40. Also it really doesn't matter functionally with the E30's ancient ABS and lack of stability control.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                            Hey folks, what is the best offset for a 16x9 wheel to run a 275/45 out back?
                            I don't know what car this is for, if it has flares, etc.

Comment

I don't know what car this is for, if it has flares, etc.
                              Sorry, man. No flares currently on the 1989 325es. Suspension isn't slammed.
                              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

i have 2 sets of wheels.one is a set of 17x8/9 style 32s with an offset of 26/20 and then a set of 17x8 e39 style 5s with an offset of 20. i will have e30 m3 rear 5 lug and then lativian spindle sleeves which widen the front by 12mm on each side. my question is can i run 235/40/17 all around on both sets? i am on ground controls and all the fenders will be roller. thanks!

E30 M30 B35 Swap Mounts!
                                http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/e3...=5475809a87e04

Comment

Working...
                                X