Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to make sure before I placed an order on some Yokohama S. Drives in 205/45/r16

Would they be a good choice for filled and redrilled e38 style 5s 16x8 et23 with 8mm spacers all around, without rolling any fenders?

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
      Great, thanks.
      To run same offset all round with a roll, +30 is what I should run?
      +25 all around

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmaniac2 View Post
        Jay, tricky question

I have a set of wheels under my bed.
        vw fitment 5 x 100. minor issue.

17x10j et32
        17x8.5 et35
        what would it take to fit these on an e30 late model?
        I have a selection of hammers and grinders and I'm not afraid to use them

what is the best way out?

P.s.
        tx for the great thread, trying to get through it all
        200 pages to go
        Those are just barely workable, but it's extreme. Get 18mm adapters, 205/40 and 215/40 (or 225/35) tires, stiff coilovers, and a fender roller.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohit View Post
          Just wanted to make sure before I placed an order on some Yokohama S. Drives in 205/45/r16

Would they be a good choice for filled and redrilled e38 style 5s 16x8 et23 with 8mm spacers all around, without rolling any fenders?
          Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            +25 all around
            Great, thanks man.
            It's nice to have someone with definitive answers haha.
            sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Will a 225/50r16 RS3 or ZII work on a 16x8 et 20 with rolled fenders? The fenders are not pulled and I'm on coils and will pull the plastic liners. I'm a little worried about the strut rubbing more than the fenders. There are so many good deals on tire rack for this size. Thanks.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
              Instagram:
              https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
              LS Build Thread:
              https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's e30
                16x8 +20 front
                16x9 +15 rear

What sort of spacer do I need to run a flush or close to flush setup? What size tire should accompany each wheel if I am going for a setup that will be as flush as possible?

I've run 205-40-16 on a 16x9 square setup with a 5mm spacer on the front but I'd like more tire this time and less poke up front (from what I remember the front poked a bit and the rear was a bit inset).

I'd really love to run a 215-45-16 out back if I can get away with it, but I feel like any kind of spacer becomes out of the question at that point, and spacing the wheel becomes more realistic an idea with a 205-45-16.

Anyway, help please and thanks!
                You're spot-on with everything you've come up with. I think the best setup will be a 195/45 205/45 tire stagger with a 10-12mm front spacer and 5mm rear (you kept the old ones? ha).

www.onlinetires.com for weird 16" tires like these. No they're not sponsoring me, just a great site for oddball tires.

Comment

Originally posted by ian e30 318is View Post
                  Will a 225/50r16 RS3 or ZII work on a 16x8 et 20 with rolled fenders? The fenders are not pulled and I'm on coils and will pull the plastic liners. I'm a little worried about the strut rubbing more than the fenders. There are so many good deals on tire rack for this size. Thanks.
                  It'll clear the strut, but will rub the fenders and inner well with the steering locked. Some guys have put up with it on those exact wheels before, but I try not to recommend something that doesn't 100% clear, at least theoretically.

Comment

Hi i'm about to buy a set of 17" 17x7 mod tech wheels with 205/40/17 tires on them, will these fit with little or no modification to the wheel wells? i drive a 91 318i with stock suspension
                    Last edited by 928*dog; 06-05-2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Yup.

I found a set of Kumho Ecsta AST in 205/45r16 for sale for cheap, would they be an okay alternative? Or should I stick with the Yokohamas?

Comment

Originally posted by 928*dog View Post
                        Hi i'm about to buy a set of 17" 17x7 mod tech wheels with 205/40/17 tires on them, will these fit with little or no modification to the wheel wells? i drive a 91 318i with stock suspension
                        Need to know the offset of the wheels.

Comment

I found a set of Kumho Ecsta AST in 205/45r16 for sale for cheap, would they be an okay alternative? Or should I stick with the Yokohamas?
                          They're honestly a really bad tire, borderline dangerous in the wet. Noisy too. I'd skip them if possible. Try looking into Federal tires, cheap and great in that size.

Comment

Looking to run a wider tyre in the back - currently running 205/45/17 squared...

anyone running 17x8 on 205/45/17 front and 225/45/17 (this will cause .5" larger diameter in the back; but size options are limited).

Comment

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment T...

Front: 16x7.5 et13 - 185/55/16
                              Rear: 16x8.5 et25 - 215/50/16 (prefer oversized if possible in the rear)

Non-M e30 running e30 m3 fully adjustable GC coils. 450f/650r. All corners rolled flat
                              Last edited by JinormusJ; 06-07-2014, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Need to know the offset of the wheels.
                                My bad, the offset is +40 and they have Lexani Tires on them, does anyone have exp with this brand? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                                X