Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to choose between a couple new wheels, and I just wanted to make sure none would have any fitment issues. Spacers are fine, but would prefer not to roll the fenders.

15x7 et 35
    15x8 et25
    16x7.5 et 35

Running Bilstein Sport struts and springs on a 1988 325i cabrio. Also, if you have recommendations on tires sizes for either that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Malcolm
    1988 E30 325iC
    sigpic

Comment

Hey Jay, would 195/60/15 look stretched on euroweaves? I'd like to get 205/55/15 but no one has them in Toronto. I am moderately dropped on H&R Sport springs. TIA.

Comment

Anyone running 205/45/16 front and 205/50 rear? Pics?
        sigpic
        '89 325i RoyalBlau Metallic - Kylie
        Follow me on IG! @its.christiannn

Comment

I'm mounting some style 32's on my e34, current tires are 215/45 up front and 215/50 in the rear. What do you think of these sizes and what would you suggest if they're less than ideal? I may leave the front alone and put something wider in the rear. I'm okay with (looking for) something slightly taller than stock as long as it doesn't rub with vogtland springs.
          Thanks!
          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I'm mounting some style 32's on my e34, current tires are 215/45 up front and 215/50 in the rear. What do you think of these sizes and what would you suggest if they're less than ideal? I may leave the front alone and put something wider in the rear. I'm okay with (looking for) something slightly taller than stock as long as it doesn't rub with vogtland springs.
            Thanks!

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by hexe30 View Post
              16x7.5+20 front
              16x9+15 rear

Like the tires to be square as possible.
              The wheels you bought do not work with proper fitting tires. You either need new wheels or deal with a lot of stretch. 205/45 all around is best.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm206 View Post
                Trying to choose between a couple new wheels, and I just wanted to make sure none would have any fitment issues. Spacers are fine, but would prefer not to roll the fenders.

15x7 et 35
                15x8 et25
                16x7.5 et 35

Running Bilstein Sport struts and springs on a 1988 325i cabrio. Also, if you have recommendations on tires sizes for either that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
                Malcolm
                15x7 et 35 - 15mm spacers and 205/55 tires
                15x8 et25 - 5mm front spacers and 205/55 tires
                16x7.5 et 35 - 15mm spacers and 205/50 tires

No rubbing on any of those setups.

Comment

Originally posted by nomsg View Post
                  Hey Jay, would 195/60/15 look stretched on euroweaves? I'd like to get 205/55/15 but no one has them in Toronto. I am moderately dropped on H&R Sport springs. TIA.
                  Totally normal, but they might scrub the front fender liners while turning. 195/55 might be a better choice if available.

Side note, I can get you 205/55 Nankang NS-20 and Yokohama S.drive on a one-to-two day notice here in the city. Contact me at the shop (www.stancefactory.com) if I can help.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                    Thanks!
                    Anything up to 245s should fit without any rubbing. 235/45 is ideal, 225/45 is super common and works fine too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      The wheels you bought do not work with proper fitting tires. You either need new wheels or deal with a lot of stretch. 205/45 all around is best.
                      I have to believe I can get a larger tire in width on the rear and not 205/45's all around on a staggered set up (which would look like trash, IMO) But thanks anyways. We'll tincker with it and keep you updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                        15x7 et 35 - 15mm spacers and 205/55 tires
                        15x8 et25 - 5mm front spacers and 205/55 tires
                        16x7.5 et 35 - 15mm spacers and 205/50 tires

No rubbing on any of those setups.
                        Thanks so much. And if I had a 15x7.5 et 32 with 205/55 tires would either 12mm or 15mm spacers work?
                        1988 E30 325iC
                        sigpic

Comment

I have to believe I can get a larger tire in width on the rear and not 205/45's all around on a staggered set up (which would look like trash, IMO) But thanks anyways. We'll tincker with it and keep you updated.
                          It all depends on how much rubbing you're willing to deal with...he gave you a size that won't rub. You could put 195's up front and make it staggered

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                            It all depends on how much rubbing you're willing to deal with...he gave you a size that won't rub. You could put 195's up front and make it staggered
                            What would be required to run a 225/45r16 (9" rim 15et) on the rears? I'm not opposed to pulling or flares on the fenders. They are currently rolled. As well as Im on CAtuned coilovers so I can adjust the height.

Comment

What would be required to run a 225/45r16 (9" rim 15et) on the rears? I'm not opposed to pulling or flares on the fenders. They are currently rolled. As well as Im on CAtuned coilovers so I can adjust the height.
                              lol.

Yes, you will need flares to clear a 225/45 without rubbing. Or, just buy wheels that are made for functional E30 fitment. You bought stancey wheels and you're trying to force them to work functionally, essentially a square peg in a round hole. It would seem obvious that wheels better suited to your needs would be a smarter choice than hacking away at quarter panels just to fit a tire size that can work with zero mods on a proper wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm206 View Post
                                Thanks so much. And if I had a 15x7.5 et 32 with 205/55 tires would either 12mm or 15mm spacers work?
                                Np! Yes, 12 or 15mm will work fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X