Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4ce30 View Post
    95 m3 will a 18x9.5 et 22 fit with out a pull all the way around ? Was thinking a 225/45
    Only with 215/35 tires. Way too aggressive for real rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by ferndigity View Post
      '89is h&r sports with blisteins shocks, 4x100 BBS RM 0012 15x7.5 et20 fronts and 15x8.5 et8 rears, will these fit without rolling the fenders,if so will they poke out a lot? i want a bit of aggressiveness but i dont want to look weird with my tires sticking out....help!!
      thanks in advance!
      The rears are more aggressive than what you are looking for. Would need 205 tires stretched along with fender rolling/pulling.

Comment

I might have to bother you again,i will keep looking for a set of wheels that can give me the look im looking for without any crazy mods... Any sugestions on wheel size? Im not oppose to going 16" but i cant go bigger than that... Not my style!!
        Thanks

Comment

So I needs some help. I'm considering some BBS RS' 16x8 +21. My concern is that they'll be too aggressive. I really don't want to run a super stretched tire and modify my fenders too much. I'd really like some meat on the tires bc my wife will be driving the car. The car it'll be going on is a 91 Mtech Vert.

Another option will be a set of RS' in 16x7 +33. My concern with this set is that it will be way to sunken in and I really want to avoid using spacers.

Which wheel would be a better option?

Any help or insight will be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by ferndigity View Post
            I might have to bother you again,i will keep looking for a set of wheels that can give me the look im looking for without any crazy mods... Any sugestions on wheel size? Im not oppose to going 16" but i cant go bigger than that... Not my style!!
            Thanks
            Anything up to 8" wide with the offset between +15 and +23 will bolt up and look great.

Comment

Originally posted by C_x_P View Post
              So I needs some help. I'm considering some BBS RS' 16x8 +21. My concern is that they'll be too aggressive. I really don't want to run a super stretched tire and modify my fenders too much. I'd really like some meat on the tires bc my wife will be driving the car. The car it'll be going on is a 91 Mtech Vert.

Another option will be a set of RS' in 16x7 +33. My concern with this set is that it will be way to sunken in and I really want to avoid using spacers.

Which wheel would be a better option?

Any help or insight will be much appreciated.
              I think the 16x8s will be perfect. Look up pics of a 205/50 on a 8" wheel, it surprisingly has zero stretch to it and maybe even a tiny bit of bulging. These will fit without fender mods, protect the wheel lips sufficiently, and there are actually tires available in the size still (thank you OE Volvo/Saab/Prelude fitments).

Comment

am i going to have strut clearance issues with 225/45R16 tires on 16x8 et25 wheels?
                cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  I think the 16x8s will be perfect. Look up pics of a 205/50 on a 8" wheel, it surprisingly has zero stretch to it and maybe even a tiny bit of bulging. These will fit without fender mods, protect the wheel lips sufficiently, and there are actually tires available in the size still (thank you OE Volvo/Saab/Prelude fitments).
                  Thanks bro! You're the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    Only with 215/35 tires. Way too aggressive for real rubber.
                    Sweet thanks for the help! The other option is a et35 could I pull off a 225/40?
                    sigpic

Comment

Excellent thread, Mystik. 8 years of fitment help and counting!

I'm looking to switch things up a bit. I am currently running 16s and fitment is as such:

I would like to go to a 17" wheel. I prefer a "girthy" appearance from the rear, as opposed to a smaller width wheel with spacers to flush it out. I would like to achieve a fit similar to this:

What width/offset/tire combination would you recommend to achieve my goal? Does anyone recognize the second car as a member here? Eg. - 17x8et25 acceptable?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

-Brandon
                      Last edited by mmmb00st; 11-11-2015, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Klutch SL1 - Anyone able to comment on fitment upfront with a 16x8 et15? Did you need a spacer, what is brake caliper clearance like? I'm trying to figure out whether they have enought to clear a BBK by using 8mm max spacer.

Comment

Edited my inquiry. Typo. 8" not 9".

Comment

Originally posted by 4ce30 View Post
                            Sweet thanks for the help! The other option is a et35 could I pull off a 225/40?
                            Yup, wouldn't even need rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                              am i going to have strut clearance issues with 225/45R16 tires on 16x8 et25 wheels?
                              Yes. 3mm front spacers are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmb00st View Post
                                Excellent thread, Mystik. 8 years of fitment help and counting!

I'm looking to switch things up a bit. I am currently running 16s and fitment is as such:

I would like to go to a 17" wheel. I prefer a "girthy" appearance from the rear, as opposed to a smaller width wheel with spacers to flush it out. I would like to achieve a fit similar to this:

What width/offset/tire combination would you recommend to achieve my goal? Does anyone recognize the second car as a member here? Eg. - 17x8et25 acceptable?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

-Brandon
                                That's Jordan's old E30. I think he was running 18x8.5 square with something like 245/35 front 255/35 rear. It rubbed from what I recall.

17x8 +25 is ideal. You can run this with 235/40/17 tires with just a fender roll.

Comment

Working...
                                X