Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rota Grid 16x8 et0
    I heard these fit without grinding brake calipers.
    Car has H&R Springs

Has anyone have them on their car?
    Spacer required?
    Tire sizes recommended?

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

Originally posted by blck325is View Post
      What adapter would I need to run some 5x120 et 35, 17x8 wheels with a 72.6 CB. I already have 205 40 17 tires. I've seen some ppl with 20mm adapters, would that be ok? I'm rolled pretty well all around too.
      20mm is perfect for those.

Comment

Originally posted by word is bond View Post
        16x8 et 20. Has anyone tried running 215/50r16?
        I want to avoid stretched tires so trying to fit something wider than 205 under unrolled late model fenders with bilstein sports and h&r sports.
        Maybe better to roll the fenders and go with 225/45?
        Will rub badly. 205/50 will honestly not even be stretched, the tire will completely bubble over the rim edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Corbett View Post
          89 325I, Bilstein Sports with H&R Sport Springs, 18mm 5X120 adapters, Looking a set of Style 68's from a E46, I think spec is 17x7.5 W/ET41, 17x8.5 W/ET50, Too much offset correct?
          Those would work fine, if be a little sunken in (not much). The front style 68 offset is actually +47.

Comment

Originally posted by damastah View Post
            Hello guys,

I have e38 style 5s that are currently being filled, drilled, and custom hub size. The bore size is being reduced to 57.1mm so I don't need to use hub rings.

My question is what is the widest tire I can fit on the front wheels?

I currently have basket weaves with 205s in the front and it is barely missing the front struts. Now to wear these wheels on my car, I would need 5mm spacers. And with an et23 I believe the biggest I can go up front is 215. Is this correct?

Also, what is the biggest I can go in the rear? 225? Car is pretty low, but not slammed.
            Your bigger worry should be caliper clearance. Redrilled 16x8s will rub the front brakes if your pads have a lot of life on them. Test fit first before you buy rubber as it could affect your decision.

Basketweaves actually fit with 225s and no spacers btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Midweste30 View Post
              I just bought 4 ESM 16X9 et15 wheels and I want to run 245/45/16s all round. I don't want to run flares. How hard will this be to accomplish? I assume there will be plenty of rolling and pulling to do. But the question is: Is it possible?
              The fender lines would not resemble a stock E30 AT ALL anymore. I've seen it done on track-rat auto-x cars and that's it. You'd butcher the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Unearth078 View Post
                E30 5 lug swap.

e36 m3 up front; on shortened struts and ground controls
                318ti rear
                Wondering what i would need to do (spacer size) to fit these tire sizes comfortably.

Front - 17x7.5 ET41 with 225/45
                Rear - 17x8.5 ET41 with 245/40
                Tires are just too tall. Switch to 215/40 fronts. Rear might actually bolt right up with the 245/40 and no spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by ad_e30 View Post
                  Hey guys I have been living in this forum, and google.

I'm interested to get the guru and the boards opinion for a good setup.

Car is an m50 swapped 88 vert. Suspension is H&R cab springs on yellow adjustable struts.

I want to run 16x8+15 & 16x9+15 what tire and spacers should I run?

Thanks,
                  Your rears are ideal with a 205/45. Good height, not an insane stretch, and most importantly fits the car without heavy fender work. For the fronts you can use this same size again or downsize to a hard-to-find 195/45 if you want the tire stretch to appear similar F/R. No spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    Tires are just too tall. Switch to 215/40 fronts. Rear might actually bolt right up with the 245/40 and no spacers.
                    thanks man! i hope i can squeeze the 245/40 back there... i may give that a shot, but i think you are right about the fronts.
                    Originally posted by Lof8
                    4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
                    therefore, their value is much greater.
                    Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

Thinking of picking up a wheel and tire combo 15x7 et+34 195/55. Will it fit?

Comment

Looking at a set of Riken mesh wheels. 16x7 with a 0 offset all round. They are 4x114.3 so i would need to run adapters but my question is how doable is this?

Comment

Originally posted by Fuggly Stick View Post
                          Thinking of picking up a wheel and tire combo 15x7 et+34 195/55. Will it fit?
                          It will bolt up, but be super sunken inside the arches. Those would look great with 15-20mm spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_rosenblum View Post
                            Looking at a set of Riken mesh wheels. 16x7 with a 0 offset all round. They are 4x114.3 so i would need to run adapters but my question is how doable is this?
                            Not at all doable.

Comment

Hey there. Wondering about 16x8 Et 20 with 205/50/16

Car is on bilatein sports and BavAuto springs. Many thanks!
                              For Sale Thread:https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...15#post4901315

Comment

Hey, weird question here, but I'm wondering about the highest offset you can run in the back without touching the trailing arm. I'm trying to fit maximum width under the rear of my widebody and need to know how far I can go in.

I just need to know width and offset for what you've tried and I can convert the numbers from there. For example, will a 16x10 ET25 clear the TA?

TIA
                                1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
                                1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
                                1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
                                ...And a couple others...

Comment

Working...
                                X