Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Needs 3-5mm front spacers to clear. 205/45s all around is smart, you can also go up to 215/45 in the rear if you want. 205/55 has zero chance.
    Thanks! If i squared the 16x9 et 20 all around do you think it would still need spacers?
    Also, spacers, are they recommended? If i could avoid them i would prefer it

Comment

Originally posted by MTD View Post
      Thanks! If i squared the 16x9 et 20 all around do you think it would still need spacers?
      Also, spacers, are they recommended? If i could avoid them i would prefer it
      16x9s make the issue worse. Spacers are perfectly safe, go 3mm to ensure no vibrations.

Comment

16x9s make the issue worse. Spacers are perfectly safe, go 3mm to ensure no vibrations.
        Thanks, you da man! :)
        the spacers would be something like this right? http://www.amazon.com/4x100-UberTech.../dp/B00DNND56M

Also, in terms of fenders i am in the clear? No rolling needed?

Comment

Yeah those are perfect. You can re-use your stock bolts too. 100% no rolling with 205/45s all around, might need a little work for 215/45 if it's loaded up with weight.

Comment

Yeah those are perfect. You can re-use your stock bolts too. 100% no rolling with 205/45s all around, might need a little work for 215/45 if it's loaded up with weight.
            Yeah i'm gonna go with 205/45's
            Thanks so much, you helped me a lot! A fender roller is really hard to get by in my country, i only found one shop that has one, and it's in another city, so i really would like to avoid rolling.

PS: the spacers i sent you previously don't ship to my country, i'll have to go with these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-3mm-Hubc...gAAOSw7I5Ts-9p
            Still work the same right?

Comment

5x114
              16x7 16x8
              Et45 all around
              New 165 40 16 tires.
              1200$
              Comes with 42 draft designs adapters to 4x100

fit or no?
              BMW tech
              Umass Amherst
              05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post
                http://nh.craigslist.org/wto/5370867630.html

5x114
                16x7 16x8
                Et45 all around
                New 165 40 16 tires.
                1200$

fit or no?
                I was thinking that 165 tires would look stupid, pics did not disappoint! Doesn't say how big the adaptors are, depending on final offsets it's gonna look really dumb.
                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                  I was thinking that 165 tires would look stupid, pics did not disappoint! Doesn't say how big the adaptors are, depending on final offsets it's gonna look really dumb.

Yes lol the tires would be gone ASAP if I got them, I know my car would work mint with 16x8 and 16x7 staggered because I had 16x8's on it square and it just barely rubbed in the front, with about twice as much tire. The adapters are relatively thin I will post a link

High performance parts made in the USA including exhaust systems, air intake systems, wheel spacers, wheel adapters, oil catch cans, and more.

It would be too much + offset right?
                  Last edited by e30onBBSs; 01-12-2016, 11:59 PM.
                  BMW tech
                  Umass Amherst
                  05 wrx sti

Comment

I'm sure its been answered,but I'll ask. I picked up some ESM 16x8et20 and am leaning toward 225/50, will the wheel extend farther than the rubber? Also, I'm debating buying some voghtlands with a 2" drop, if I do, will I need to roll my fenders?

Comment

Originally posted by MTD View Post
                      Yeah i'm gonna go with 205/45's
                      Thanks so much, you helped me a lot! A fender roller is really hard to get by in my country, i only found one shop that has one, and it's in another city, so i really would like to avoid rolling.

PS: the spacers i sent you previously don't ship to my country, i'll have to go with these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-3mm-Hubc...gAAOSw7I5Ts-9p
                      Still work the same right?
                      And I complain about being a Canadian car enthusiast (maybe 10-20% of stuff isn't available here). 205/45s should work well for you. Those black spacers are also fine.

Comment

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post
                        http://nh.craigslist.org/wto/5370867630.html

5x114
                        16x7 16x8
                        Et45 all around
                        New 165 40 16 tires.
                        1200$

fit or no?
                        Depends on the adapter thickness. If they're on a MK1 the adapters might not be thick enough for E30 fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by JMikesell View Post
                          I'm sure its been answered,but I'll ask. I picked up some ESM 16x8et20 and am leaning toward 225/50, will the wheel extend farther than the rubber? Also, I'm debating buying some voghtlands with a 2" drop, if I do, will I need to roll my fenders?
                          Straight up don't fit. 205/50, 215/45, 225/45. Fender roll for the last one.

Comment

there is to much info to sort through on here lol. Sorry if its be asked before but any chance this set up will work and not rub? I believe Im running 205/55/15 now and would like to switch the tires over if I can

car: 89 325i on bavauto spring (1 1/4 drop) and E90 drop hats up front
                            Wheels: 15X7 et12 all the way around

Comment

^that doesn't rub at all. I'm running 15x7 +12or +15 on 205/50/15. Lowered on lowtec 60/50 springs. Non rolled fenders.

Comment

And I complain about being a Canadian car enthusiast (maybe 10-20% of stuff isn't available here). 205/45s should work well for you. Those black spacers are also fine.
                                Sorry to bother again, but could i add e90 drop hats to my setup to lower the front a bit more, and still fit ?

Comment

Working...
                                X