Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm getting spinfab to make me a set of BBS RS.

They offered me either
    16x8.5/9 combo or 16x9/9.5 if you I want a slightly larger inner barrel

Which setup will be less headache for fitment?
    Which will be easier to buy tires for and what sizes tires should I get.

Looking to get this fitment

Build Thread: Here
    Instagram: @jonnymooshoo
    Automotive Photography IG: @automotive_photo
    www.jonathanleungphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by _kanon View Post
      I dropped it about an 1-1.25 inches from where you see it right there and I got slight fender rub on the left side but only on large bumps/terrible roads. Am I right to assume it won't rub otherwise in normal (and not extreme) circumstances?

It's back to the ride height in the picture I posted previously. I kind of want to wheels to be more flush with the fender, I'm thinking of a 5-8mm spacer in the front and .5" lower and then a 15-20mm spacer in the rear and also .5-.75" lower (and probably use Condor Speed Shop Subframe Riser Bushings to mitigate changes in camber).

I don't want a slammed look, it's daily driven but I do appreciate a good stance and good tire life.

Also - would changing the dampening settings (firmer and not softer) prevent more rub on rough surfaces?

What are your thoughts?

PS- thanks for your advice so far. I appreciate it ;)
      It shouldn't rub at all, assuming everything is straight and no bodywork done.

They're the wrong wheels to space out, though. You would need to downsize to a 195 tire to get that type of fitment you're looking for. Better to start with wider wheels and run 205 tires, giving you better performance as well as looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech2bmw View Post
        Hi, would like your advice for the following. Wheel specs are: 16x7.0, et11 (front) and 16x7.5, et5 (rear). What tire profile would you recommend and will this setup require guard rolling? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks
        I'd run 195/50s all around with those. Will definitely need a rear roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandandk View Post
          Hi guys, i m considering a new set of wheels and i would like to here whether they will fit without any spacers and fender rolling. the car is an early model and currently sitting on H&R sports

1st set is 15x8 et22
          2nd set is 15x8 et26

thks
          First setup should JUST clear the front struts without spacers. Run 205/50 all around for 100% no rub. The second second needs 5mm front spacers along with extended wheel bolts. The first setup is best.

Comment

Originally posted by Azscentence View Post
            Revisiting my old setup plans for some new changes. Still running adapters, would 17x8.5 et30 work better for me? What tire size would I run with these wheels?

All of this is theoretical as I haven't bought the wheels yet.
            That's more in the realm of possible. You'd need to run 205/40 tires and roll the fenders still, but it can fit. Assuming 18mm adapters.

Comment

Originally posted by evilnickwong View Post
              I have a question about getting a Japanese wheel to fit. It's a BBS RG-F, 15x7 ET42. I believe the centerbore is 82mm or something large.

Am I right in thinking the following would work:
              - Get 57.1mm wheelcentric and hubcentric 20mm spacers (which come with extended lug bolts)
              - Get the wheel rings that brings the wheel centerbore down from 82 > 57.1 so that it sits nicely on the spacer's lip

This should then give me a 15x7, ET22 wheel.

Any problems with this approach?
              No problems at all. You can run any of the E30 15" sizes and not rub, also (205/55, 205/50, 225/45, 225/50).

Comment

Originally posted by cpandrewschmidt View Post
                Hi all,
                Looking at some Craigslist rims. Trying to figure out if they fit without spaces and no rubbing. So many combinations to try and search through.

1991 325i convertible, lowered

Rims are:
                16x8" with 25 offset. Tires 205/45

I'm not finding much with that combination. Thanks for your help!

Andrew
                The fronts would just touch the front struts without spacers. 3mm front spacers and stock bolts should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnymooshoo View Post
                  So I'm getting spinfab to make me a set of BBS RS.

They offered me either
                  16x8.5/9 combo or 16x9/9.5 if you I want a slightly larger inner barrel

Which setup will be less headache for fitment?
                  Which will be easier to buy tires for and what sizes tires should I get.

Looking to get this fitment

Either can work for what you're going for. What's more important is what offsets each wheel is offered in.

Comment

Just did e30 m3 5 lug swap on my cabrio, has coilovers and no body work, I like 16 rims and minimal stretch.

Would like to go wider with stagger wheels and minimal stretch, could you advise me ?, thanks.

Here's on 16x7 et25 with 205/50's
                    I must run 6mm spacers on front with some multi-piece rims due to 310mm bbk clearance.
                    Single piece wheels clears caliper just fine... pics ...

1) BBS RS 003 face with 6mm spacers clearing front calipers.
                    2) Hartge single piece without spacers
                    3) Hartge 16x7 et25 with 205/50 and 15mm hubcentric spacers all around to keep it square.
                    3) SSR with front 6mm spacers.

Aloha :)

Last edited by fporro; 02-18-2016, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      Either can work for what you're going for. What's more important is what offsets each wheel is offered in.
                      They haven't told me. They've built lots of wheels for e30s so I'm sure they know. I'm just wondering what tires I should buy for either setup

My decision is going to be based on which tire sizes are more readily available?
                      Build Thread: Here
                      Instagram: @jonnymooshoo
                      Automotive Photography IG: @automotive_photo
                      www.jonathanleungphotography.com

Comment

First setup should JUST clear the front struts without spacers. Run 205/50 all around for 100% no rub. The second second needs 5mm front spacers along with extended wheel bolts. The first setup is best.
                        thank u, appreciate the help!!!

Comment

@Mystikal once again i need your help

The setup you recommend works flawlessly (16x9 et 20 + 16x8 et 25 + 3mm spacers up front), but the thing is, in my country i can't legally use the wheels until i take them to a company that runs some tests and they check that the setup is fine. Problem is, they don't allow spacers, or wheels sticking out of the body of car.
                          The upside is, that they are only care about the size of the wheels, and the size of the tire, not the ets, and not the width of the weel. This means that if i find some 16 wheels with 205/45/16 tires, that don't rub, don't stick out of the body, and don't need spacers, i can just go and use those to run the tests, i get aproved for 16" wheel with 205 tires, and when i get home i just swap the first setup i have, and i'm legal ;) i will be asking friends if they can borrow me some wheels to do this

So, my question is, with 16" wheels, and 205/45/16's, at which interval of et's and widths should i be looking to get that perfect fitment?

Thanks in advance, and tell me if you didn't understand some of the things that i said!

Comment

That's more in the realm of possible. You'd need to run 205/40 tires and roll the fenders still, but it can fit. Assuming 18mm adapters.
                            Since I've posted this I purchased the same set of wheels (17x8.5 et30)but with a 4x100 pattern, so no more adapters! Should I still run 205/40?

Comment

Mystikal,
                              I need your guidance. I picked up a set of the Alpina Kopi's (17X7.5 ET20) and then in my infinite wisdom (or lack of) purchased 225/45/17's. I like to look but have some rubbing and haven't lowered the car yet. I only want to drop about a 1/2 inch. Options???? Aside from offering someone a great deal on brand a set of new Michelin's and buying a new set of 215's or 205's? Help!

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
                                Just did e30 m3 5 lug swap on my cabrio, has coilovers and no body work, I like 16 rims and minimal stretch.

Would like to go wider with stagger wheels and minimal stretch, could you advise me ?, thanks.

Here's on 16x7 et25 with 205/50's
                                I must run 6mm spacers on front with some multi-piece rims due to 310mm bbk clearance.
                                Single piece wheels clears caliper just fine... pics ...

1) BBS RS 003 face with 6mm spacers clearing front calipers.
                                2) Hartge single piece without spacers
                                3) Hartge 16x7 et25 with 205/50 and 15mm hubcentric spacers all around to keep it square.
                                3) SSR with front 6mm spacers.

Aloha :)
                                Something along the lines of:
                                16x7 +18 205/50
                                16x8 +25 225/45

Comment

Working...
                                X