Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking at buying a set of Enkei RPF1s 15x8 +28, with the intention of running 225/45 tyres. Suspenion is soon to be adjustable coilovers, and im not looking to go too low.

From previous reading I understand that +20 is the offset I should be aiming for with this setup, however due to the requirement of running hubcentric rings for the wheels (75 to 57.1), I am just a bit unsure as to how that will work. Is it as simple as running a plain 8mm spacer together with the hubcentric rings in the wheels and longer wheel bolts / a stud conversion kit?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
      Im running 98 m3 up front. And 318ti for the rear.
      205/40 215/40 no spacers

Comment

Originally posted by Reub_e30 View Post
        15x8 +0 and 15x9 +0 with 195/50/15 tires all around on Coilovers with camber plates. Should that fit with a good roll? Don't hate on the stretched tires I'm planning on running a wide meaty setup on different wheels also.
        Rears might still rub if you slam it.

Comment

Originally posted by bmk View Post
          oh damn i though a 235/40/17 would work on 17x9 +25

what the largest tire i can run on a this wheel?
          215/40

Comment

Originally posted by GAbOS View Post
            The specs I have saved on my phone from one of his previous posts is 245/40 r17 works on 17x9 et22.
            I was wrong. That would rub for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ámi View Post
              Hey, i have a 1987 "335" with 325i suspension parts soon to have BC coilovers
              and i wanted to know what offset i have to choose for 16x9 up front and 16x10 in the back.
              Would et06 all around fit? The car has adjustable camber in the back.
              Regards
              +10 front +17 rear

Comment

Originally posted by MTD View Post
                Hey guys. At the moment I have 16*9 et 20 on the back and 16*8 et25 on the front, with 205/45/16 tires all around. I'm on koni sports (long) shocks and vogtland Springs. No spacers needed and I don't rub, but I do scratch my right back tire. This gives about a 2,5cm gap on the front and 1/1,5cm gap on the back (between wheel and fender). I would like to close this gap a bit more but I don't really want to spend money on new Springs as it is a really small gap. I have 2 questions :
                - how low can I go without rubbing and having fitment issues? If I scratch my right tire now, does that mean it will only get worse when lower?
                - what are your thoughts on cutting /compressing Springs? I know it's really not recommend for stock Springs but given that this are lowering springs already, and I only want to cut 1/1,5 cm, will it be that bad?
                Roll your rear fenders lightly. I'm not sure of the difference between rub and scratch, though. I'd cut front springs one coil if I were in your shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by krayzi[e] View Post
                  I am going to be picking up some style 15 Bottlecaps very soon (16x7.5 et20) and I'm going to be running them with 18mm adapters. My fenders were rolled and pulled as much as possible to accommodate 16x9 wheels which were very impractical. I am on a bilstein sports/H&R drop. What is the largest size of wheels I can go?
                  Wheels or tires?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerthusiast View Post
                    Will 16x8.5 et0 work on a late model on h&r sports and Bilstein Sports? If so, whats the largest tire I can fit with this setup? Thanks!
                    No. Stay away from 0 offset wheels, everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by Idrisu View Post
                      thinking about getting the style 5s 17' 5x120 so im going to use adapters
                      im on stock e30 suspension late model. would they fit or would i have to roll fenders?
                      Unless you're talking about +41 E36 offset 5's they will rub.

Comment

Originally posted by 95///M3 View Post
                        1989 E30 M3 - slightly lowered

* 17"x8.5" ACS Type1 - ET13

Not going to roll fenders and absolutely do not want tires to touch at all. Suggestions?
                        I am no pro on M3 fitment. But I'm pretty sure those would be fine with 215/40 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeah View Post
                          Awesome man thanks! Just having a hard time finding suitable wheels here which is a bugger haha.
                          Am I right in assuming given the above that with some 15x8 et25/(maybe even et15 if 25 is unsuitable) wheels I could run a square 225/50?(Also hard to find tyres in this size aha)
                          15x8 +22 is ideal for 225/50 all around. Needs a rear roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_e30 View Post
                            Will they be completely stretched on 205s ?
                            No. tyrestretch.com

Comment

Originally posted by b-rad View Post
                              I have 1988 M3 Suspension on 1987 E30 Body.
                              Currently I have: (My Ride)

OEM 16x8 Style 5 wheels with 215/45R16 Falken AZENIS RT615K

Looking at 17" Style 5 or other type wheels(light), tire selections are greater and possibility of BBK in the future.

I have spacers on the car, not sure of the size.
                              Fenders are rolled.

What are my wheels worth $$ I have one spare never used, has rubber on it. 16 x 8

Guy wants $950 for same basketweaves 17" x 8
                              FB

looks like 215 40 17 front and 205 40 17 rear
                              no name brand tires, so pointless for what I want.

Love to year thoughts
                              Worried about fitment.
                              I am leaning toward just new tires, and move on to other things in the engine bay.

Mostly auto-cross, but would like to get back to the track, thus the braking need.
                              The offset of the style 5s is too low for a functional big tire to be mounted. With your suspension and fenders, 215/40 would be the limit. If you find a wheel that has a +30 offset give or take a few mm, you can then mount 235/40 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Von318is View Post
                                I am looking at buying a set of Enkei RPF1s 15x8 +28, with the intention of running 225/45 tyres. Suspenion is soon to be adjustable coilovers, and im not looking to go too low.

From previous reading I understand that +20 is the offset I should be aiming for with this setup, however due to the requirement of running hubcentric rings for the wheels (75 to 57.1), I am just a bit unsure as to how that will work. Is it as simple as running a plain 8mm spacer together with the hubcentric rings in the wheels and longer wheel bolts / a stud conversion kit?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
                                The rings slide between the gap of the wheel hub and the brake hub. No need for spacers.

Comment

Working...
                                X