Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will these fit? New e30 owner

Just wondering if these will fit. Pretty positive they will but I wanted to ask and make sure. Seems like a pretty solid deal, will hopefully get them for a little less possibly. I have an '87 325e. Thanks.

Last edited by RichiesE30; 08-30-2016, 06:25 PM. Reason: forgot to add model of car. figured it might help

Comment

Will it fit (it should)?

Hankook RS-3 in 225/45/15
      On 949 6UL 15x8 +36 offset, 67.1mm bore wheels
      On my 325iX, lowered ~1.3 inches on bilstein HD + h&r sports.

On stock and very dirty baskets with 205/50 toyo proxes:
      91 325iX - magnaflow, h&r sports+bilstein hds, chip

Comment

Originally posted by RampageRR View Post
        Awesome, thanks for the reply. I may just end up going 16x8 all around with 225/45 to be safe, but I do have one more question if you don't mind.

You say 24.4" or less is ideal for an E30 tire - is a 245/45/16 too tall at 24.7"? I only harp on the wider rear because I'll be swapped with either an LS or S54 by nexf year, so I'd rather get as much tire in the rear if at all possible. Not the end of the world with 225, but any extra would obviously help.
        Up to 25" will work in the rear-only. I've seen 245/45/16 work with a suitably high-offset rear wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Js2010 View Post
          Hi great thread.

I have put borbet A 16x9 et15 front and back. With 3mm spacers on the front with standard bolts. 215/40/16 all round.

The car has completely standard suspension. I now need to lower the car.

I looked at a cheap JOM coilover kit, which uses the standard struts. The wheel does not touch the strut. If lower the car with above kit will my wheels still fit or start rubbing somewhere?

If I get another coilover kit which changes the strut will do you think I will have more issues?
          No issues with JOM nor BC, or GC. Just make sure for the latter two the front springs are 6" or shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWALEX View Post
            Hello. I have a 1987 32e coupe. Stock ride height.

I bought a set of felgenwerks classicos

15x8 +25
            15×9 +15
            Hub bore 73.1

What size tires is the max i can install without rolling fenders? What do u recommend? And do i need spacers?
            3mm front spacers. 205/50 is the largest rear tire that will fit. I'd suggest that all around, or 195/50 fronts to stagger a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by stanhayward View Post
              Yokohama S.Drives in 175/50r16 and 195/45r16 sizes and the most aggressive roll of your life. *puts up umbrella for following shit storm*
              You're entirely correct though!

Comment

Originally posted by ricksifuentes View Post
                I already purchased 17x8 and 17x9 wheels with et25....what are my options as far as tires or should I change width on tires my car is completely stock 1991 318is
                Oh man those are perfect. 235/40/17 can work all around with a rear fender roll.

Comment

Originally posted by pepperjackdaisy View Post
                  Thanks for the info, but I think I've moved to another option. Again, E30 cabrio, KYB and H&R Sports. She sits a bit lower in the 2nd pic, since the springs have settled.

ESM-009 16x7.5 ET18 4x100 CB57.1 Lip Size 3.0" Gun Metal/Polished Lip - Front
                  ESM-009 16x9 ET15 4x100 CB57.1 Lip Size 4.0" Gun Metal/Polished Lip - Rear

Any fitment issues here? Tire sizes with no stretch, and little to no speedo errors?
                  Issue is the rears are way too aggressive to not use stretched tires. 205/45 all around would be best for those.

Comment

Originally posted by ferndigity View Post
                    89 325is tire size??? Mystical i have set of staggered wheels 15x7 front and 15x8 back et 12...what tire size can i use? currently im running 15x8 front and back et 20 with 225/45/15 all around h&r sport springs an blisteins sport ( i dont like my current wheels tho) with no problems i believe the fenders are slightly rolled....what tires can i used? thanks in advance...the bottom pic are the wheels in question...not my car tho!
                    205/50 all around would be best. 195/50 fronts if you want to stagger them.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                      Mystikal, 16x7.5f 16x8.5r et19
                      205/45 front 215/45 rear would be perfect. Good luck finding tires though.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
                        17x8 ET34 on a late model sitting on IE3s. Fenders aren't currently rolled but could be.

What size tires should I run? Spacers needed?
                        I'd run 10mm spacers all around with 235/40/17 tires and a rear roll. You could also do 15mm all around with 215/40 tires and no roll.

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                          Early model coupe with z3m rear 5 lug and e36m fronts. 18" is the smallest wheel that can be fitted due to the brakes. So what width and et do you suggest with running a "normal" size tire.
                          A 18x8.5 with a 225/35/18 would be ideal. As for offsets, I'm really not sure. So many variables there that I can't say anything with confidence unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                            Mystical, do you have any recommendations?
                            Sorry, haven't look at tires in that size in years.

Comment

Originally posted by 89DirtyE30 View Post
                              i recently picked up some trm 15x7 et25 wheels. Ive got 205/55 15s on the car right now, but would like to go wider. Ive heard 225 45 or 50s are about as wide as you want. Biggest question is who makes a decent tire in those sizes. Mostly for daily use with occasional autocross. Supercharged m20 laughs at my crappy 205s.
                              Pretty much everything made in 225/45/15 is ideal for auto-x. There's probably two choices and they both rock. Check tirerack.com

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                                You're saying I can run that wheels size on the front at all?

EDIT. To make it easy, my 16x9 +25 modern lines.
                                I'm saying "meaty" can't. 205/45 all day.

Comment

Working...
                                X