Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmoyer11 View Post
    1990 325i, BC Coilover suspension. Enkei m1 16x7 +42 offset, 205/50 Yokohama S drives. How's the fitment? What would I need to clear struts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    20mm spacers all around. Or 15mm front 20mm rear for more of a staggered look.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post

Honestly I'm looking for the most practical set up all around with no spacers needed and most meat. Goal is speed.

Comment

What is your penultimate wheel/tire set up recommendation. Love OE wheels. Don't mind something light and cheap. Like I said I just want the most meat with the best fitment.

Comment

alright,

what would be the ideal tire set up to run on a kosie kr6 15x8 +20 offset wheels. Full bc coil set up. S52 swapped car, looking to go fast and not do much to make everything fit.

Do i just run my ix weaves and stop trying to fit lighter wheels?
          225/45/15

Comment

Originally posted by RampageRR View Post
            I have an '87 325is (early model rear arches), slightly lowered on GC 440/650. The rear lip looks to have been completely cut flush by the PO, there is nothing there. Wheels on the car from the PO are 15x7 +15 f/r with 205/50s in front and 225/50s in rear, no rubbing whatsoever, even completely slammed previously.

Would I be able to run Fifteen52 Formula TRs in a:

-16x8 +20 front with a 225 tire
            -16x9 +30 rear with a 235 or 245 tire?

Would I need any spacers with those offsets? I could also choose from a +20 rear, but I'd assume a +30 would allow for more tire in the rear, correct?
            Great offset choices. Your main issue is that there are no worthwhile 16" tires produced in E30-friendly diameters (24.4" or smaller) in 235 or wider. So really, going with 16x8 +20 with 225/45/16 all around is your best bet. You could also get the 16x9 +30 rears and run the 225/45s on those also for a staggered look.

Or, find something similar in 17". 235/40/17 and 245/35/17 both fit and are actually available.

Comment

What is your penultimate wheel/tire set up recommendation. Love OE wheels. Don't mind something light and cheap. Like I said I just want the most meat with the best fitment.

OE? Style 10s or 15" Basketweaves all day. They're both 15x7 +24 and can fit 225 rubber without any problems.

I personally run 15x7 +20 BBS RZ's with 225/50 tires on my 325iS. I went through tons of wheel setups before I settled on those. Bought them in 2006 and haven't touched them since, they're too perfect for the car. Like factory 15" basketweaves with a massive lip injection. That's my penultimate.

Comment

40mm adapters to clear the struts. Once they're out that far, fitment is near impossible. Could work with a 195/45 or 205/45 with pulled arches.
                Just pulled the trigger on 205 45 16. I got a mild pull front and rear but guess I will get more agressive if needed. Will try for the 40mm adapters. Planning on going 5lug at some point as well. Thanks and welcome back, we were getting worried haha.
                Originally posted by csermonet47
                Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Yes with your existing tires, no after you upgrade to the larger sizes listed.

Without spacers could I run the larger sizes?

1988 E30 325iC
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blck325is View Post
                    Just pulled the trigger on 205 45 16. I got a mild pull front and rear but guess I will get more agressive if needed. Will try for the 40mm adapters. Planning on going 5lug at some point as well. Thanks and welcome back, we were getting worried haha.
                    Thanks! Yeah sorry my shop has been swamped this summer so it's harder to find time to sit down and answer these. I'll try not to make you guys wait that long again.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm206 View Post
                      Without spacers could I run the larger sizes?

205/55s should work. 225/50s would require fender rolling.

Comment

You meant 40mm front and rear, right?
                        Originally posted by csermonet47
                        Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

OE? Style 10s or 15" Basketweaves all day. They're both 15x7 +24 and can fit 225 rubber without any problems.

I personally run 15x7 +20 BBS RZ's with 225/50 tires on my 325iS. I went through tons of wheel setups before I settled on those. Bought them in 2006 and haven't touched them since, they're too perfect for the car. Like factory 15" basketweaves with a massive lip injection. That's my penultimate.

Fuck yea. This is what i've been looking for. Thank you.

Comment

Great offset choices. Your main issue is that there are no worthwhile 16" tires produced in E30-friendly diameters (24.4" or smaller) in 235 or wider. So really, going with 16x8 +20 with 225/45/16 all around is your best bet. You could also get the 16x9 +30 rears and run the 225/45s on those also for a staggered look.

Or, find something similar in 17". 235/40/17 and 245/35/17 both fit and are actually available.
                            Awesome, thanks for the reply. I may just end up going 16x8 all around with 225/45 to be safe, but I do have one more question if you don't mind.

You say 24.4" or less is ideal for an E30 tire - is a 245/45/16 too tall at 24.7"? I only harp on the wider rear because I'll be swapped with either an LS or S54 by nexf year, so I'd rather get as much tire in the rear if at all possible. Not the end of the world with 225, but any extra would obviously help.

Comment

Borbet 16x9

Hi great thread.

I have put borbet A 16x9 et15 front and back. With 3mm spacers on the front with standard bolts. 215/40/16 all round.

The car has completely standard suspension. I now need to lower the car.

I looked at a cheap JOM coilover kit, which uses the standard struts. The wheel does not touch the strut. If lower the car with above kit will my wheels still fit or start rubbing somewhere?

If I get another coilover kit which changes the strut will do you think I will have more issues?

Comment

Hello. I have a 1987 32e coupe. Stock ride height.

I bought a set of felgenwerks classicos

15x8 +25
                                15×9 +15
                                Hub bore 73.1

What size tires is the max i can install without rolling fenders? What do u recommend? And do i need spacers?

Comment

Working...
                                X