Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Definitely run the 225/45 Z2s. No rubbing at all, I've run that exact wheel/tire setup with no fender rolling, lowered, on my late-model iS.

Thanks. I was thinking they would fit, but appreciate you confirming it! Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
    1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
    September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
    Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_e30 View Post
      I have a 89 325i vert on eibach springs my wheels are BBS RA 375s and theyre currently on 205/50/15 tires. I believe the specs are 15x6 et35. Anyone know what size spacer i need to be flush with the fenders ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      20mm front 25mm rear should just work. 15/20 would also look nice and cost substantially less.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom Stew View Post
        Looking at a set of ESM 002's
        16x9 et 15

Would 205/50's do the trick? Dont mind a slight fender roll, and a 205/50 on a 16x9 shouldn't be too bad of a stretch right?
        3-5mm front spacers, 205/45 tires, and a rear fender roll. Proven formula. 205/50s will rub badly.

Comment

Originally posted by danderson View Post
          Looking to fit some BBS RFs on an early model E30 with E30 M3 five-lug and mildly rolled fenders. With new lips the specs would be:

F: 17x8 ET19
          R: 17x9 ET19

What tires should I run?
          You will be limited to 215/40s in the back, so use that to decide what to run on the fronts. I'd probably go 205/40 215/40 staggered. They will fit flush.

Comment

Originally posted by charltonward View Post
            Have a turbo build in the works, and am in search of traction. Willing to roll (and maybe pull) the fenders the car isn't slammed, but it is low.
            17" wheels; what offset and width will allow the widest tire?
            What will that tires dimensions be?
            Would love to fit 255's in the back maybe 225's up front?
            17x8 +25 235/40 front
            17x8.5 +30 245/40 rear

Should only need a roll in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post
              Sorry I can't find any info in my searches, but what do you guys do about the nubs in late coupe rear wheelwells? You know, those ones up top inside wheel well lip?

I don't feel my rear fitment is even that aggressive, 205/50R15 on 15x7 et12 with just over a degree of negative camber and the outside of my tires rub on those sheet metal nubs in the upper/inner wheel wells on my late coupe, on hard cornering, really uneven driveways and under hard acceleration. Lips are rolled as much as I could using a borrowed Eastwood roller but I stopped when it was apparent it was as good as it was getting with those bumps still in there. You guys know the bumps I'm talking about? What do you guys do to get rid of those? I had one suggestion but want to hear more.

Or am I just too damn low? I have some mystery ass lowering springs in the back of my car, it seems to squat a lot, should I ditch the rears for something stiffer and adjustable-height like the GC rear setup? Give it a slight rake (car sits higher in front now than in my sig pic) with more rate and it becomes a non-issue? I'm actually trying to put small spacers in the rear to make it look as flush as my fronts where I have to run 3mm spacers to clear the calipers.

Thanks
              Your rear springs are indeed too soft. You shouldn't have that much deflection. I've setup E30s with 2" of oil pan clearance and 16x9s that still don't touch that pinchweld. Definitely look into swapping springs.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmaniac2 View Post
                good day Jay, an interesting 1 for you, or maybe not I guess, lets see.

a friend has an early 2door with Mcoupe complete rear end setup. he wants to fit style 32's in 17inch. front is still fitted with 4x100 and a big brake upgrade. adapters will be used to get the front to 5x120.

now the interesting part, style 32's come in different widths. which sizes would you recommend for wheels front and rear, and again what tyre sizes would you suggest. arch lips are rolled flat and the car is on coilovers, and has an mtec1 kit.

any other ideas or suggestion are welcome too.

Tx in advance
                Hmmm. The Z3M has exceptionally short axles, but I'm not sure how short they are compared to stock E30s (or more specifically, the track width difference between the two). I have a hunch he will need a low offset to make it work, but I'm honestly not certain. Test fitting with various wheels should give a quick idea of what to look for.

Comment

Originally posted by BECKSTER View Post
                  Looking to buy a set of RS's, specs are as follows.

Fronts : RS005 16x7 et11
                  Rears : RS211 16x8 et11

I'm running 18mm adapters so the fronts will be fine but the rears won't.

What barrel or barrel/lip combo can widen the rears to a 16x9 wheel and correct the offset to have a flush fitment with my adapters?
                  I'd go to 9.5". Add 1.5" to whatever the inner barrel is now. The new offset would be +30, making them an ideal +12 final with adapters.

Also, once you know the barrel sizes look into possibly swapping that existing rear barrel to the fronts. Maybe you can help the fitment of those a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by 4doorbmw View Post
                    1990 325is stock but will get lowered. looking to run 16x8 et15 all around
                    or 16x9 et15 will these fit without rolling the fenders? what size tire also
                    thanks!
                    First setup, yes. Use 205/45 tires.

Second setup, sort of. 3-5mm front spacers, 205/45 tires, and a rear fender roll.

Comment

Apex Arc-8 17x8.5 ET20. What will it take to get 235/40 or 245/40's on there?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybravo View Post
                        Apex Arc-8 17x8.5 ET20. What will it take to get 235/40 or 245/40's on there?
                        Small flares, basically. They truly messed up that offset/width option IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          Small flares, basically. They truly messed up that offset/width option IMO.
                          Will I need small flares with 235/40's too?

Comment

I am looking for a tire size...I want to run as much tire as possible without pulling the fenders/rubbing.

1989 325is

Suspension
                            Ground Control Street kit Coilovers
                            Nasieg 5-lug conversion
                            Front
                            e36 M3 front hub (Pushes out +12mm)
                            Rear
                            z4 Hubs (Pushes out +2.5mm)
                            Wheels
                            e38 16x8 Style 5s Et23

Essentially makes front wheel et11 and rear wheel et20

What is the meatiest setup I can run?

Thanks!
                            Last edited by VBe30; 12-04-2016, 08:06 PM.
                            sigpic

89' 325is - Alpine

Comment

I have a late model sedan with h&r sport, koni yellow, and looking to do 16x8 +23 with +18/20 adapters. I'd like as much meat as can fit and am ok with rolling fenders, what would you recommend? Thanks in advance.

Comment

16x8 et20 no spacers.

235s going to rub?

Thanks in advace, Tire God.
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X