Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will These fit?

I have a 1987 325is and I am wondering if these would fit.

16x9 4x100 et 0

Comment

I have a 89 325i vert on eibach springs my wheels are BBS RA 375s and theyre currently on 205/50/15 tires. I believe the specs are 15x6 et35. Anyone know what size spacer i need to be flush with the fenders ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking at a set of ESM 002's
        16x9 et 15

Would 205/50's do the trick? Dont mind a slight fender roll, and a 205/50 on a 16x9 shouldn't be too bad of a stretch right?
        Last edited by Mushroom Stew; 11-12-2016, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Looking to fit some BBS RFs on an early model E30 with E30 M3 five-lug and mildly rolled fenders. With new lips the specs would be:

F: 17x8 ET19
          R: 17x9 ET19

What tires should I run?
          1991 318i

Comment

Have a turbo build in the works, and am in search of traction. Willing to roll (and maybe pull) the fenders the car isn't slammed, but it is low.
            17" wheels; what offset and width will allow the widest tire?
            What will that tires dimensions be?
            Would love to fit 255's in the back maybe 225's up front?
            Last edited by charltonward; 11-19-2016, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Sorry I can't find any info in my searches, but what do you guys do about the nubs in late coupe rear wheelwells? You know, those ones up top inside wheel well lip?

I don't feel my rear fitment is even that aggressive, 205/50R15 on 15x7 et12 with just over a degree of negative camber and the outside of my tires rub on those sheet metal nubs in the upper/inner wheel wells on my late coupe, on hard cornering, really uneven driveways and under hard acceleration. Lips are rolled as much as I could using a borrowed Eastwood roller but I stopped when it was apparent it was as good as it was getting with those bumps still in there. You guys know the bumps I'm talking about? What do you guys do to get rid of those? I had one suggestion but want to hear more.

Or am I just too damn low? I have some mystery ass lowering springs in the back of my car, it seems to squat a lot, should I ditch the rears for something stiffer and adjustable-height like the GC rear setup? Give it a slight rake (car sits higher in front now than in my sig pic) with more rate and it becomes a non-issue? I'm actually trying to put small spacers in the rear to make it look as flush as my fronts where I have to run 3mm spacers to clear the calipers.

Thanks
              sigpic
              1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

good day Jay, an interesting 1 for you, or maybe not I guess, lets see.

a friend has an early 2door with Mcoupe complete rear end setup. he wants to fit style 32's in 17inch. front is still fitted with 4x100 and a big brake upgrade. adapters will be used to get the front to 5x120.

now the interesting part, style 32's come in different widths. which sizes would you recommend for wheels front and rear, and again what tyre sizes would you suggest. arch lips are rolled flat and the car is on coilovers, and has an mtec1 kit.

any other ideas or suggestion are welcome too.

Tx in advance

Comment

Looking to buy a set of RS's, specs are as follows.

Fronts : RS005 16x7 et11
                  Rears : RS211 16x8 et11

I'm running 18mm adapters so the fronts will be fine but the rears won't.

What barrel or barrel/lip combo can widen the rears to a 16x9 wheel and correct the offset to have a flush fitment with my adapters?
                  Last edited by BECKSTER; 11-22-2016, 10:22 PM.
                  1990 Alpine 325is
                  1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

Comment

1990 325is stock but will get lowered. looking to run 16x8 et15 all around
                    or 16x9 et15 will these fit without rolling the fenders? what size tire also
                    thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
                      Thanks for the response! I ended up doing a little more research and found a really nice set of BBS RS 003s - 16x7 ET25 4x100.

In your recent response to sfe30stoner for his 16x7 ET20 on HR/Sport & Billy HDs you said he could run 205/50-16 max. Your "penultimate" setup is the look/feel I am going for, just 16s vs. 15s. I have seen mixed results with some people saying I can run 225s and others saying 205s. Will my larger offset of et25, over sfe30stoner's 16x7 et20, allow me to run 225/45-16s front and back? Or do I need to stick with 205/50-16s?

One of your post on MaxBimmer thread says that 15x7.5 with a ET18.65 is the max wheel size within the fender. One reply notes that 225/50s will fit on 15x7 et25 and 15x7.5 et19. Does this still apply to 16in wheels and allow 225/45-16s on 16x7?

Bottom Line.....
                      1) Max Tire Size for 16x7 ET25 = 225/45-16s or 205/50-16s?
                      2) Would either tire size benefit from a spacer for a more flush look without rolling the fenders?

1990 325is
                      BavAuto springs
                      Bilstein Sport shocks
                      Might switch over to Bilstiens with HR Race or Sports

Leading Tire Choices:
                      225/45s - Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec 225/45-16s
                      205/50s BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 or Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport
                      There are definitely more options in the 205/50 over the 225/45s. This is a weekend driver, so I am planning on high performance summer tires.

Here are the ones I am picking up tomorrow!
                      Definitely run the 225/45 Z2s. No rubbing at all, I've run that exact wheel/tire setup with no fender rolling, lowered, on my late-model iS.

Comment

Originally posted by realgone View Post
                        Sorry, I'm sure it's been asked and I don't know how to teach a thread.

Looking to run style 5's 16x8 et23 on my 88 cabrio using 42 draft adapters.
                        H&R sport springs and koni's.
                        What tires do I need?
                        Will it rub?
                        18mm adapters, 195/45 tires for no rubbing. Anything larger will rub occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by realgone View Post
                          Aaaaannd, another one, while I'm trying to figure out what wheels to run-

88 cabrio, H&R sports/konis.
                          Running 4 lug.
                          Want to use a 16" 5 lug wheel using adapters.

The wheels are 16x7 ET37. Was planning on 205 tires.

Can I make this work, with adapters?
                          Yup, 18mm adapters and 205/50 tires would fit flush and not rub.

Comment

Originally posted by elDizzle View Post
                            I have 17x7 ET 30 wheels. What spacer + tire combo to get them flush? Squared setup. 92 vert. Thx!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            205/40 tires, 10mm front 15mm rear spacers would get them as flush as possible. Tough on skinny wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickniner View Post
                              I have an 89 325i sedan. It is running H&R Springs and Konis. I would like to go to a 15" wheel, and preferably something that can be bolted up and go without messing with things.

I was wondering about something like the following:
                              15" Rondell 58
                              4x100 7J ET35

If I ran a a 205/50 tire would these work on my car without spacers/fender rolling? These seem to have a higher offset than some of the other wheels I was considering so I was hoping for some advice from those who are more experienced with wheel tire fitment on E30's.

Thanks!
                              Those Rondells are VW fitment, the offset is too high to bolt onto an E30. You would need to run 15-20mm spacers all around for good fitment without rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by ZJSE30 View Post
                                I have a 1987 325is and I am wondering if these would fit.

16x9 4x100 et 0

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/wto/5859060116.html
                                Nope.

Comment

Working...
                                X