Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
    Thank you, thats what I thought... As for the Wheel Expert's view, what size of tire would you recommend?
    Depends more on what you want from the tire. There aren't too many choices in 225/45/16, and the ones that are there are typically aimed at the ultra-high performance market. If that appeals to you, go for it. It will fit without any fender modification.

If you just want a more economical daily driving tire, get a 205/50/16 and you'll be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DSP74 View Post
      At a 9.5 I'd need less of an offset to fill the flares....
      Then anything beyond E36/7/8 rear wheels or maybe some super-rare E31 wheel won't have what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        Depends more on what you want from the tire. There aren't too many choices in 225/45/16, and the ones that are there are typically aimed at the ultra-high performance market. If that appeals to you, go for it. It will fit without any fender modification.

If you just want a more economical daily driving tire, get a 205/50/16 and you'll be just fine.

Its for my DD, ill get a 205 then...thanks for being helpful and for quick responses....feels like a free helpdesk for tires/wheels section ;)

Comment

I just purchased a set of 16" throwing star replicas for my E30. I am running koni/IE springs. What would my best tire sizes be? Currently there are 215/45/16 on there. However, putting that in the tire calc on tirerack, it looks to be smaller than the current 14" tires. IS there a better size (I have little ground clearance now and don't want to go shorter-if anything any larger)? I wanted to do some cost/tire comparison before the rims get here next week.
          thanks

Comment

17x8 et 38 or 40 SSR Comps
            215/40-17, right?
            what spacer? would a 10 mm be ok? car is a 90 325is with 5 lug and turner J stock suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by stormspike View Post
              I just purchased a set of 16" throwing star replicas for my E30. I am running koni/IE springs. What would my best tire sizes be? Currently there are 215/45/16 on there. However, putting that in the tire calc on tirerack, it looks to be smaller than the current 14" tires. IS there a better size (I have little ground clearance now and don't want to go shorter-if anything any larger)? I wanted to do some cost/tire comparison before the rims get here next week.
              thanks
              215/45/16 is still well within the reasonable size range. It will lower you car about 0.25"...not really a big deal. Plus the majority of the tires available in that size are GOOD (like the RT-615 and R-S2), so I'm betting that you'd want to at least use these until they are worn.

205/50/16 is the same as stock (sometimes 0.1" taller) and will fit those wheels fine. But at 7.5" wide, the lips will not be very well protected. I'd probably go with a 225/45/16 after. Same height as stock, and may require a very, very light fender roll at the back.

Comment

i've been looking at these LM-esque knock-offs called SUPAMESH/ anyone seen these? they are available in a variety of awful colors. anyhow, they come in 15x6.5 with offset at 40mm, what kind of spacers would i need to run? front and rears?(i'm inquiring about the hub diameter with the source) probably would run 205/55/15's.

thanks in advance-
                Last edited by r75; 08-01-2008, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by r75 View Post
                  i've been looking at these LM-esque knock-offs called SUPAMESH/ anyone seen these? they are available in a variety of awful colors. anyhow, they come in 15x6.5 with offset at 40mm, what kind of spacers would i need to run? front and rears?(i'm inquiring about the hub diameter with the source) probably would run 205/55/15's.

thanks in advance-
                  You would be okay with a 10mm spacer but I personally would use a 15-20mm spacer.
                  R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

thanks in advance-
                    Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
                    You would be okay with a 10mm spacer but I personally would use a 15-20mm spacer.
                    This list BELOW was uploaded on here http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalcold.html

Specification_Sidewall__Radius__Diameter__Circumfe rence__Revs/Mile__Difference
                    195/65-14__5.0in__12.0in__24.0in___75.3in______841______0 .0%
                    205/40-16__3.2in__11.2in__22.5in___70.5in______898_____-6.4%
                    205/45-16__3.6in__11.6in__23.3in___73.1in______867_____-3.0%
                    205/50-16__4.0in__12.0in__24.1in___75.6in______838______0 .4%
                    205/55-15__4.4in__11.9in__23.9in___75.0in______845_____-0.4%
                    205/55-16__4.4in__12.4in__24.9in___78.2in______811______3 .7%
                    215/50-16__4.2in__12.2in__24.5in___76.9in______824______2 .0%
                    225/50-16__4.4in__12.4in__24.9in___78.1in______811______3 .7%

wondering if on the same set up but one size bigger (instead of 15x6.5) 16x7 et40

What size spacer would be Ideal...10mm also?
                    or 15mm-Front 20mm-Rear?
                    Is the best size tire 205/50-16 since the difference is at 0.4%?

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by hugh jass View Post
                      215/40-17, right?
                      what spacer? would a 10 mm be ok? car is a 90 325is with 5 lug and turner J stock suspension.
                      anyone want to weigh in?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh jass View Post
                        215/40-17, right?
                        My bad, missed the post completely.

Which 5lug?

Comment

thanks in advance-
                          20mm all around is what I recommend. Tire size is good.

Comment

Originally posted by thebutcher37 View Post
                            wondering if on the same set up but one size bigger (instead of 15x6.5) 16x7 et40

What size spacer would be Ideal...10mm also?
                            or 15mm-Front 20mm-Rear?
                            Is the best size tire 205/50-16 since the difference is at 0.4%?
                            Even better idea. Also use 20mm all around, and 205/50 is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              My bad, missed the post completely.

Which 5lug?
                              e30 m3 5 lug
                              i test fit the wheels, which currently have 225/45/17 tires on them. they fit great on the back with 5mm spacers and just barely touched the front strut with a 5 mm spacer. i figure a 215/40 should barely clear the front strut housing.

Comment

repeat customer:

15" kopis with 35mm offset on a standard e30 running 195/50's. spacers all the way around?

Comment

Working...
                                X