Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have a '91 318is with the standard 195/65/14 tires and 14x6.5" weaves. Like a lot of people I want to see some bbs rs wheels, but I don't know where to start. I'd appreciate some help please.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lowlightbw View Post
      hi all, mystical....
      i have a set of bbs RM001 6.5" barrels with an et25 bmw fitment.(i know they are RM's but the RM001's were made spec. for BMW's) im in the process of refinishing them and thinking of going with 2" lips. that would put me at 15x8.5 with an et of ???. i have a set of 205/50/15 tires i am going to use. im currently on the groupbuy list for the lowtec 60/50 spring set. will i have some major issues rubbing with the 8.5's mounted with 205's? should i step back and go with 1.5" lips to stay 15x8 with an et of ??? thanks a bunch in advance.
      -ben
      First, the offsets would be:
      15x8 ET6
      15x8.5 ET0

With either setup and 205/50 tires, you're going to need to do some moderate/heavy fender work (obviously even more with the 15x8.5). This is a very aggressive fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
        Hi want to get set of these for an e30 318is. DTC Tourenwagen-Racing
        here is a link to the site. http://www.ats-wheels.com/english/index_english.html. Now i know the 17x7.5" will fit the front but i would like to know if i can fit 17x9" et 25 on the rear without doing any mods to the car? And what size tyer would you recomend?

Thanks Massimo
        17x9 ET25 is a great fitment spec. If you don't want to get into fender work, 215/40/17 is the size you want. Obviously, this will be a stretched look. If you want a larger tire I'd suggest a 235/40/17 or 245/35/17, but either will require some degree of fender rolling/flaring.

Comment

Originally posted by stegosaurus View Post
          So I have a '91 318is with the standard 195/65/14 tires and 14x6.5" weaves. Like a lot of people I want to see some bbs rs wheels, but I don't know where to start. I'd appreciate some help please.
          I have no idea what you want from me. :p

Where to buy? What specs to look for? What?

This thread is basically strictly for fitment questions, so I guess I'll tell you that the standard E30 RS fitments are 15x7 ET25 (RS001) and 16x7 ET25 (RS003). There are LOTS of other options though, as the RS is easily the most widely spec'd wheel ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            I have no idea what you want from me. :p

Where to buy? What specs to look for? What?

This thread is basically strictly for fitment questions, so I guess I'll tell you that the standard E30 RS fitments are 15x7 ET25 (RS001) and 16x7 ET25 (RS003). There are LOTS of other options though, as the RS is easily the most widely spec'd wheel ever made.
            I guess I'm wondering what specs to look for. What do you mean by "standard" e30 rs fitments?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stegosaurus View Post
              I guess I'm wondering what specs to look for. What do you mean by "standard" e30 rs fitments?
              Well then I gave the right answer. :D

RS001 and RS003 are the wheels basically built for the E30 by BBS in the 80's and 90's. They are hubcentric, and have the perfect geometry to fit the car.

That said, there are LOTS of others you can "get" to fit. Plenty of people redrill other bolt patterns, widen (or make narrower) wheels with bigger/smaller outer shells and inner barrels, use hubcentric rings for oversized hubs, and so on.

If you just want an easy bolt-on factory type fitment, try to find an original 001 or 003. If you're willing to do some custom work, just about any base is a possible starting point. The further away from the stock E30 fitment they are (in bolt pattern, offset, width, centerbore), the more they will cost to get to fit your car.

Comment

I have a 91 318i and i'm looking to buy a new set a wheels and tires for it. I will tell you that I don't know a lot about cars I'm just a e30 enthusiast. Now I've been looking on tirerack at the OZ Crono HT that they have but they list it as having a 37 mm offset. Would I have to do anything in order to fit these to my e30? do you have any other suggestions as far as brands of wheels for late model e30's? I would like to run 16's but if running another size would make my life easier then that is ok. my car is not on lowering springs and is stock as far as i know. I would deifinitely like to avoid having to do any cosmetic work in order to fit wheels/tires on as well. thanks again.

I also checked on bimmerworld.com and noticed that they have a wheel, Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 15x7, that is speced to fit the e30. Do you know anything about this brand? BTW this car is a daily driver, by no means do I intend to drive this car at a track anytime soon.

Another thought...my mechanic mentioned that he has one of the 14x6.5 bbs oem basketweaves. he shaved the spare tire area out of his 318 is and he said he would get rid of it cheap (never used). i know that they sell the oem wheels on bavarian autos web site but i'm wondering what the benefits of getting a set of wheels that are made specific vs a set with a higher offset and having to use spacers etc. is. another thing i was wondering was if the wheels that come from bavarian are new in box.

sorry for the loaded post. i did go through the thread and other ones. this is my second e30 and i'd just like to understand more about approaching it as far as upgrades. thanks again.
                Last edited by miketv; 08-25-2008, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Hello there, I'm new around here and I tried to search for my answer, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I have a 1984 325e. I am looking to buy an H&R cup kit and a set of
                  17x7 et38's,
                  17x7 et40's
                  or some 17x7.5 et 40's, not sure yet.
                  What would be good spacer sizes and tire sizes for each of these to get as close to the fenders as possible without rolling them.
                  Also, which setup do you think would handle best.

Thank you so much.
                  sigpic
                  "Drive like you mean it. Commit."
                  "Progress Fervently."

Comment

Originally posted by miketv View Post
                    I have a 91 318i and i'm looking to buy a new set a wheels and tires for it. I will tell you that I don't know a lot about cars I'm just a e30 enthusiast. Now I've been looking on tirerack at the OZ Crono HT that they have but they list it as having a 37 mm offset. Would I have to do anything in order to fit these to my e30? do you have any other suggestions as far as brands of wheels for late model e30's? I would like to run 16's but if running another size would make my life easier then that is ok. my car is not on lowering springs and is stock as far as i know. I would deifinitely like to avoid having to do any cosmetic work in order to fit wheels/tires on as well. thanks again.

I also checked on bimmerworld.com and noticed that they have a wheel, Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 15x7, that is speced to fit the e30. Do you know anything about this brand? BTW this car is a daily driver, by no means do I intend to drive this car at a track anytime soon.

Another thought...my mechanic mentioned that he has one of the 14x6.5 bbs oem basketweaves. he shaved the spare tire area out of his 318 is and he said he would get rid of it cheap (never used). i know that they sell the oem wheels on bavarian autos web site but i'm wondering what the benefits of getting a set of wheels that are made specific vs a set with a higher offset and having to use spacers etc. is. another thing i was wondering was if the wheels that come from bavarian are new in box.

sorry for the loaded post. i did go through the thread and other ones. this is my second e30 and i'd just like to understand more about approaching it as far as upgrades. thanks again.
                    Point form is always useful for dissecting these big ones. :D

- Tirerack lists the wheel's offset, but ships spacers with the wheels to bring the offset into the correct range. With the OZ's, you can expect either 10mm or 15mm spacers, custom machined to perfectly fit both the wheel and the car without any other special hardware.

- Team Dynamics makes great light/strong wheels for the E30. Recommended.

- If you use good spacers and hubcentric rings, there is no risk to running universal fit wheels. There is an inconvenience, as mounting everything requires a little more attention. But as for safety/performance...nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by b3 2e5tEy View Post
                      Hello there, I'm new around here and I tried to search for my answer, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I have a 1984 325e. I am looking to buy an H&R cup kit and a set of
                      17x7 et38's,
                      17x7 et40's
                      or some 17x7.5 et 40's, not sure yet.
                      What would be good spacer sizes and tire sizes for each of these to get as close to the fenders as possible without rolling them.
                      Also, which setup do you think would handle best.

Thank you so much.
                      Since getting close to the fenders is a high priority, I'm going to recommend 205/40/17 tires (about the same diameter as stock on your '84) instead of 215, as it gives you more room for flush fitment.

Run 25mm spacers with any of those rims. It will result in a final offset of 13-15, which will place the wheels nice and flush with the fenders. This will just clear with the 205 tires and not require rolling.

They will all handle pretty similarly, don't let that be a deal breaker.

Comment

thanks for the input mystical. i think ill stick with the 1" lips and try to find some flat caps. :) again, thanks for the knowledge!
                        www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

thanks..

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          Since getting close to the fenders is a high priority, I'm going to recommend 205/40/17 tires (about the same diameter as stock on your '84) instead of 215, as it gives you more room for flush fitment.

Run 25mm spacers with any of those rims. It will result in a final offset of 13-15, which will place the wheels nice and flush with the fenders. This will just clear with the 205 tires and not require rolling.

They will all handle pretty similarly, don't let that be a deal breaker.
                          sigpic
                          "Drive like you mean it. Commit."
                          "Progress Fervently."

Comment

Question about: Enkei coated aluminum rims 15"x6"

Will these wheels fit? You can see pics here on craigslist: click here

or just read the description:

"These are a set of Enkei coated aluminum rims 15"x6". I had them on a volkswagen but had custom made drums for them to fit. I do not no what car they will work with but a tire shop may be able to tell you from the photos or the lug pattern shown in the drawing I have attached. Also I can send a full scale drawing for you to print and compare to your vehicle. I will deliver locally on the eastside - all others must pick up."

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                              Will these wheels fit? You can see pics here on craigslist: click here

or just read the description:

"These are a set of Enkei coated aluminum rims 15"x6". I had them on a volkswagen but had custom made drums for them to fit. I do not no what car they will work with but a tire shop may be able to tell you from the photos or the lug pattern shown in the drawing I have attached. Also I can send a full scale drawing for you to print and compare to your vehicle. I will deliver locally on the eastside - all others must pick up."
                              Those look to be 4x4.5", they won't fit an E30.

Comment

Vehicle is a 1991 318is currently on stock suspension (plan to lower w/h&r race), factory fender roll. I would like the wheel/tire combo to sit as flush as possible (no rubbing) without rolling the fenders any further.

My question is, what size spacer would I need to mount a set of 17x7 et 42 bbs rk with either 215/40/17 or 225/35/17 tires? Please advise. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X