Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NightKid View Post
    ACS Type I reps in 15x6.5 et 35 I have 15mm spacers available and Im running 215/60/15 tires (lol monster truck). Havent tried them on yet. Fenders are NOT rolled (yet).

Opinions? (Besides take it off roading )
    Do not run those tires. You will end up needing to replace fenders later.

Comment

15x7 20mm - 205/50/15 - 4x100mm -Stock Suspension

How will they fit?

Comment

Originally posted by apathy View Post
        15x7 20mm - 205/50/15 - 4x100mm -Stock Suspension

How will they fit?
        Perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          Do not run those tires. You will end up needing to replace fenders later.
          What if I roll the fenders?
          sigpic
          Mein E30 ist so langsam es schmerzt.

Comment

Hey J, do you know of a good guide on how to measure the ET of a wheel when it is not listed?

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Sent you a PM Mystikal.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                You seriously like the DZ101? It's a good drift tire (excellent response and can take heat), but it's miserable in the wet, pretty noisy, rides hard, etc. The ZE-912 is even cheaper and is better in almost every regard.

But if you're happy, I'm happy. :D
                I have the same tires on my MINI in 215/45/17. Maybe my GY runflats were just so insanely horrendous that I think these tires are great :) Seriously though, ZERO hydroplaning or squirmyness in the wet, and I don't drive slow when it starts getting wet. It's the first tire that inspired confidence on the highway through the troughs of water that I can't seem to avoid.

Again with the noise/harsh ride - the stock runflats were like driving on cement bricks, so I guess it's all a comparison thing lol - you should see the sidewalls from tracking them! I destroyed those tires, but they put up a good fight.

I was aiming for the Direzza Star Specs but they sent me the DZ101's on accident and I needed them that day, so I slapped them on. They stick really well and aren't noisy at the limits but break away progressively. I've got about 4k miles on them and they're wearing well too. The HUGE lip protector works well too :) Stiff sidewall - my coworker has the General Exclaims and they felt like marshmallows on and off the car.
                Originally posted by alpinaclone
                Since the real economy is in the shitter, I say we start our own.

This is how it works; you buy my junk, then I will buy more junk and so on so forth etc. etc. Think of the future of your children and buy my stuff.

Comment

Okay here it is:

16x7.5, et35 up front with 20mm H&R spacers --- or 16x7.5 et 15 (same thing right?)
                  17x8.5, et15 out back
                  Tires sized 195.45.16 and 215.40.17

Could this work without fender rolling.

Comment

Mystikal,

So you know I've got the 17 x 8 ET 25 Works. I'm going to go ahead and run the 215/40/17 size on the street and later look into getting some 15 x 7-8" to put some type of bad boy 225/50/15's on. The fenders on my car are rolled pretty good too.

As you know these two tires are the same OD which should make setting the ride height easy as it won't have to change for the two different sets.

So two questions:
                    1) How far can I safely space out the Works? I'm thinking 3-5mm in front and 8-10mm in back to get the flush fitment.

2.) Considering a 225/50/15 RA-1, R888, Kumho or simliar type tire. Should I go for 7", 7.5" or 8" in width. And then for which ever width would be most desireable, what would be the best offset, obviously hellaflush fitment would not be a concern for the track.

Pics for reference, and the back does have a 225/45/17 on it for the time being.

Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

bought 16x8 4x100 +20et's "Now" Tire size

Bought a set of Rota Slpstreams today . Going on a restored 325 vert 86.
                      After reading all your posts I felt this will work without spacers. Now I need to order tires.
                      I dont want to roll fenders. Brand new paint in inner fenders. 215/225 40/45/50 ??????
                      Any help most appreciated.
                      Bob
                      Ludlow, Vt

Comment

Originally posted by NightKid View Post
                        What if I roll the fenders?
                        Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                          Hey J, do you know of a good guide on how to measure the ET of a wheel when it is not listed?
                          You can get reasonably close with a slide ruler or something like that. Just measure the distance from the hub face to the rear edge of the wheel and use the wheel width to calculate offset. Keep in mind if you have to manually measure wheel width (as in lip to lip) it's always 0.5-1" wider than the actual width we use in wheel talk.

Comment

Originally posted by ethirdy View Post
                            I have the same tires on my MINI in 215/45/17. Maybe my GY runflats were just so insanely horrendous that I think these tires are great :) Seriously though, ZERO hydroplaning or squirmyness in the wet, and I don't drive slow when it starts getting wet. It's the first tire that inspired confidence on the highway through the troughs of water that I can't seem to avoid.

Again with the noise/harsh ride - the stock runflats were like driving on cement bricks, so I guess it's all a comparison thing lol - you should see the sidewalls from tracking them! I destroyed those tires, but they put up a good fight.

I was aiming for the Direzza Star Specs but they sent me the DZ101's on accident and I needed them that day, so I slapped them on. They stick really well and aren't noisy at the limits but break away progressively. I've got about 4k miles on them and they're wearing well too. The HUGE lip protector works well too :) Stiff sidewall - my coworker has the General Exclaims and they felt like marshmallows on and off the car.
                            No joke, they're one of the worst summer tires in the wet that have come out in the past 5 years. Just remember that as happy as you are now, you will be further blown away when it's time to replace them. :p And the Star Spec is to DZ101 as Viper is to Caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by graphikg View Post
                              Okay here it is:

16x7.5, et35 up front with 20mm H&R spacers --- or 16x7.5 et 15 (same thing right?)
                              17x8.5, et15 out back
                              Tires sized 195.45.16 and 215.40.17

Could this work without fender rolling.
                              Definite fender rolling needed in the back. The front will be fine.

Even with a 205/40/17, you may need a slight fender roll in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                                Mystikal,

So you know I've got the 17 x 8 ET 25 Works. I'm going to go ahead and run the 215/40/17 size on the street and later look into getting some 15 x 7-8" to put some type of bad boy 225/50/15's on. The fenders on my car are rolled pretty good too.

As you know these two tires are the same OD which should make setting the ride height easy as it won't have to change for the two different sets.

So two questions:
                                1) How far can I safely space out the Works? I'm thinking 3-5mm in front and 8-10mm in back to get the flush fitment.

2.) Considering a 225/50/15 RA-1, R888, Kumho or simliar type tire. Should I go for 7", 7.5" or 8" in width. And then for which ever width would be most desireable, what would be the best offset, obviously hellaflush fitment would not be a concern for the track.

Pics for reference, and the back does have a 225/45/17 on it for the time being.

http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=113707
                                You can do 8mm in the back with just a small fender roll on the 17x8's. The front can handle 3-5mm to problem.

Obviously the wider the wheel the better out of that range for the 15s. Something like the Team Dynamics at 15x7 ET25 makes the 225 easy to fit. The wider the wheel gets, the wider the tire gets pulled, the less room for error you have.

Comment

Working...
                                X