Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30edward View Post
    hey mystikal i've gone throught the thread a bit but i just wanted to make sure. i was looking into the Rota Slipstreams in 15x6.5" or 15x7 and was wondering what offset would be best. i'll probably get them from 18racing. thanks.
    Anything they offer in ET20 (or very close to that, I think they have an ET25 somewhere in that list) is made for an E30. Look for the 4x100 ET20 57.1mm note, that's your clue that they are custom made for our cars.

Comment

Originally posted by surebimmer View Post
      Will 17x8 et 20 and 17x9 et 22 with 235/40 17 Hankook rs2's fit? I know I will have to roll the rear just a little more then I have now. But not sure on the front.

Running 16x8.5 et20 front and 16x8.5 et22 with 225/45 16 rs2's now.
      The front isn't a big deal, it's the rear that will need a lot of attention.

The new rear setup will be 0.4" wider as well as 0.5" taller, so you'll need to push the fender out accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by deansbimmer View Post
        OK. I got a set of 16x9 Borbet and can pick up some BFG G-Force Sports. Do these tires stretch ok? The fitment I am considering is:

215/40/16 in the rear.
        205/45/16 in the front.

I sit on coilovers with rolled fenders...Is this a reasonable tire setup?
        Keep in mind that you will need 5mm spacers to clear the front struts with those wheels, provided they are the typical ET15 versions.

Don't bother staggering, as there is actually more room in the rear of these cars. Go with either size all around, with coilovers and rolled fenders you won't have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
          Hey I'm getting some 16x9 Brock B1s this weekend (et 15). I will be running a bigger tire b/c I'm getting turbo flares. With the flares I want to space the rims out 10 mm up front and 17 in the rear w/ 225/45/16 KDW2s. Do you think this will clear w/ the IE flares?

I also wanted to know what kind of caliper clearance would I have up front with this kind of spacing? I ask this b/c I want to know if the rx-7/corrado brakes will fit underneath?

Mystikal I'd really appreciate your input, since those 17x8s didn't workout.
          First, I know someone at some point found out how space IE flares actually add. IIRC it was 1.75", but you may want to verify that first before I start crunching numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
            How much does the "poke" differ between a 16x8 et 0 wheel and a 16x9 et 7 wheel?

I'm not sure where the difference in wheel width comes into play.

thanks
            The 16x9 will poke out 6mm more.

Comment

Mystikal, Wheels are AC Schnitzer 16x7.5 et25 with 225/45/16 BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW tires. 1989 325ic lowered approximately 2". Do you think they will fit with no rubbing issues? Advise please.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie30 View Post
                Mystikal, Wheels are AC Schnitzer 16x7.5 et25 with 225/45/16 BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW tires. 1989 325ic lowered approximately 2". Do you think they will fit with no rubbing issues? Advise please.
                Yep, no problem at all.

Comment

Thank you. That is what I wanted to hear.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    First, I know someone at some point found out how space IE flares actually add. IIRC it was 1.75", but you may want to verify that first before I start crunching numbers.
                    The email I got from Jeff at IE from way back said 1.5" if that helps with your number crunching.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Ok. So I've got my 16x9, need to pick a 215-40-16 tire now. I've narrowed the choices to the BFG G-Force sport or Yokohama S-Drive.

Can you help point me in the right direction? They seem to be pretty close on paper. I've always said I'd want performance over longevity, but lately I've been thinking otherwise.. Car is daily driver, I want a tire with a good balance of traction/treadlife. Help?

Comment

HELP

What are these wheels I have? Style 5s? What the value? The tire info is: 235-60-r16

and a pic

Last edited by Nicademus; 09-09-2008, 09:12 PM.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

I am looking into getting some axis racer x wheels. staggered. 15x7 front with normal offset. The rears is where I am going to run into issues. I am going to be using fender flares, but the size and offset are kinda of extreme. They are a 15x8 with a -27 offset. Do you think I should be good with flares and stretched tires?
                          rear wheel pic:

Comment

What tires should I run with these specs?
                            15x8 et33
                            15x8.5 et33

RIP

Comment

Im thinking these on an Matte black E30 VERT slammed... black with red lip.

Whats the most offset I can run?

I would like to see them photo shopped onto one if anyone can do it.

Comment

I am tempted to get a set of 501's in 16x8 for winter use and put some all seasons on them. But I dont really see 225/50s on an early car having an issue fitment wise. By going with a larger tire does that make the speedo slower or faster?
                                Last edited by nefarious7907; 09-11-2008, 10:28 PM.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Working...
                                X