Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by v8fc3s View Post
    I fount a rim and tire combo for a great price and I plan on putting them on my e30. My question is, will the rims bolt right on or will I need some spacers or something? Also, will i need skinnier tires because the tires on the rim look a bit too beefy? The tires are 195/60/R15. And another question which will make me feel stupid is... will it work with that bolt pattern(i know its 4 bolts but im saying because i bought rims once and the holes were further spread out so i wasted money).<--

The tires are "Voxx" (15 inch):

http://images.craigslist.org/3n03p43...e87515136e.jpg
    99% chance you will need spacers, as they are a dual bolt pattern universal fitment wheel. The tires are usable. Try to get the offset of the wheels, which should be stamped somewhere on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      12.5mm would be perfect to clear safely up front. And you can also run 235s all around with that setup, there are quite a few guys in NA current running them on the new 17x8 ET25 ARC wheels that I helped spec.

Spacers are here: www.ecstuning.com
      Thanks! Only trouble is that there is no company at the local market producing 12,5mm spacers. I would have to heve them custom made. Would 15mm spacers be too thick?

Comment

Originally posted by thornado327i View Post
        Thanks! Only trouble is that there is no company at the local market producing 12,5mm spacers. I would have to heve them custom made. Would 15mm spacers be too thick?
        Nah, you'll be fine. Just a simple fender roll at the back, and nothing in front as long as the car isn't completely on the ground.

Comment

I have searched, but just can't seem to find it...
          I can pick up a set of E38 Style 5's Et23's and from what I have seen you post it looks like I need to find 215-45's is that right?
          would 225-40/16's work?
          they're going on 89 cab with e30 M3 5 lug....

I also know where a set of of 16 x 8.5 et 28's are, what would that require to run them on my e30?

Thanks
          Last edited by BDK; 10-22-2009, 03:52 AM.

Comment

I found some wheels I may just have to have. Problem is they are 16x8 -2et.
            I should pretty much start rolling my fenders now, correct? lol

Comment

I want this type of fitment damit!!! now what do I need to run??? If it was a 240, I could get it and better but damit, my DD I dont know much about F ING HELP!!!

The 9mm is a .45 set on stun.:mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by BDK View Post
                I have searched, but just can't seem to find it...
                I can pick up a set of E38 Style 5's Et23's and from what I have seen you post it looks like I need to find 215-45's is that right?
                would 225-40/16's work?
                they're going on 89 cab with e30 M3 5 lug....

I also know where a set of of 16 x 8.5 et 28's are, what would that require to run them on my e30?

Thanks
                I've seen guys go with 225/45/16 with rolled rear fenders. The 2 sizes you mentioned should be fine even with unrolled fenders, but they are shorter than stock.

The 16x8.5s would need 10mm spacers to safely clear the struts. You could probably get away with 5mm, but I won't guarantee it.

Comment

Originally posted by Let It Rust View Post
                  I found some wheels I may just have to have. Problem is they are 16x8 -2et.
                  I should pretty much start rolling my fenders now, correct? lol
                  Oh yeah, roll roll roll. And 205/45/16 or 195/50/16 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by tofubento View Post
                    I want this type of fitment damit!!! now what do I need to run??? If it was a 240, I could get it and better but damit, my DD I dont know much about F ING HELP!!!

Something like 16x9s et15 all around, with 5-10mm front spacers and 10-15mm rear. Looks like 215/40 tires.

Comment

So if I ran some 17x9 28 offset I would need to run about a what...20mm spacer front and a 25mm rear?
                      The 9mm is a .45 set on stun.:mrgreen:

Comment

i have 88 super eta. curious, i hear that early e30 have more fender clearence so running 16x8 0 offset wont rub. is 88 considered early? if so i assume ill be ok. also 205/45/16 be good on that? im going to roll the fenders anyway but just curious. if 88 is not "early" e30 can i still run this setup with rolled fenders? btw i have eibach pro's on billys. sorry for all the questions still new to e30's. if it was 240 i'd have no problem lol. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Sucks I don't know all the fitment issues with e30. Have to learn.

1988 325iS
                          16x8 et20

225.45.16? Would 215 be better? Probably will be on IE3 and Bilstein Sports.

Comment

Any issue running a 185/70 r14 on a stock basketweave? Thanks
                            09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
                            05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
                            87 BMW 325is
                            a few bicycles

Comment

If I have a 16x7 et11 wheel, and then replace the inner barrel with a 1/2" wider barrel to put me at 16x7.5, what would be my ending offset?

Thanks

Erik

Comment

Ok im sure this one has been asked to death but for some reason i cant find a clear answer or pics of this setup. I really like the look of the sport max 002 and i know the rep sport max wheels has on this site isnt good. But either way i still like the look and was interested in the 16x8 w/ 0 offset bc of the lip size. I have an 87 325is with the larger arches and am lowered on bilsteins and IE3s. I want to get these to fit with the most tire i can sqeeze in as possible. Can you please recommend a tire size or if this setup would fit at all? Thank you for any help and yes i have searched for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X