Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    If you run them as et12 in the back, you're limited to 205/50 tires. And even then, you'd be rolling the fenders.

I'd probably look into sending the et12 wheel to a machine shop to get it planed down to et22. Just make sure the caliper clearance will be the same afterwards (I have a strong feeling it will be).

They may or may not be hubcentric, you'll have to see for yourself. Those wheels were all custom drilled, so if they were all made for an E30 (or VW) the centerbore will be correct. Always use spacers with a lip, unless they are 5mm or less thick.
    I just got a chance to check out the wheels, and it looks like machining them would be impossible. I had initially thought that the et 12 one actually had 10mm more of material on the back, so I actually arranged for my friends dad to machine it.

However, taking a closer look it looks to be as if the et 12 is actually 10mm further in, and if I shaved it I would have very little material left, which I would imagine would be incredibly unsafe.

Looks like I'm running et 12 in the back and rolling the fenders. So 205/50 then?
    Originally posted by LJ851
    I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by tofubento View Post
      So if I ran some 17x9 28 offset I would need to run about a what...20mm spacer front and a 25mm rear?
      You only need 15mm to clear the front struts, and no more than 3mm for the back. I'd probably go with a 15F/20R combo for a nice flush fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by MaximumNJe30 View Post
        i have 88 super eta. curious, i hear that early e30 have more fender clearence so running 16x8 0 offset wont rub. is 88 considered early? if so i assume ill be ok. also 205/45/16 be good on that? im going to roll the fenders anyway but just curious. if 88 is not "early" e30 can i still run this setup with rolled fenders? btw i have eibach pro's on billys. sorry for all the questions still new to e30's. if it was 240 i'd have no problem lol. any help would be greatly appreciated.
        88 is late fenders, unfortunately. I don't recommend with 0 offset setups, but they will work with rolled/flared rear lips, and usually 195 tires. They'll be sticking outside of the front fenders though, it really doesn't look great to most.

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
          Sucks I don't know all the fitment issues with e30. Have to learn.

1988 325iS
          16x8 et20

225.45.16? Would 215 be better? Probably will be on IE3 and Bilstein Sports.
          225 will work with a basic/flat fender roll in the back. 215 shouldn't need anything to fit.

If it were me I'd just go with the 215/45 Kumho XS. Bargain in that size.

Comment

Originally posted by RobE30 View Post
            Any issue running a 185/70 r14 on a stock basketweave? Thanks
            None at all.

Comment

Originally posted by erik325i View Post
              If I have a 16x7 et11 wheel, and then replace the inner barrel with a 1/2" wider barrel to put me at 16x7.5, what would be my ending offset?

Thanks

Erik
              et17-18, depending on how you round it.

Comment

Originally posted by e30f3ver View Post
                Ok im sure this one has been asked to death but for some reason i cant find a clear answer or pics of this setup. I really like the look of the sport max 002 and i know the rep sport max wheels has on this site isnt good. But either way i still like the look and was interested in the 16x8 w/ 0 offset bc of the lip size. I have an 87 325is with the larger arches and am lowered on bilsteins and IE3s. I want to get these to fit with the most tire i can sqeeze in as possible. Can you please recommend a tire size or if this setup would fit at all? Thank you for any help and yes i have searched for a while.
                I just answered this a few posts back, but for later arches. Stick to the et15 Sportmax wheels, the et0 ones stick outside of the front fenders way too much, let alone the rear.

If you're really stuck on doing it, the biggest tire you're getting away with is a 205/45/16, without flaring the fender out.

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
                  I just got a chance to check out the wheels, and it looks like machining them would be impossible. I had initially thought that the et 12 one actually had 10mm more of material on the back, so I actually arranged for my friends dad to machine it.

However, taking a closer look it looks to be as if the et 12 is actually 10mm further in, and if I shaved it I would have very little material left, which I would imagine would be incredibly unsafe.

Looks like I'm running et 12 in the back and rolling the fenders. So 205/50 then?
                  Ouch.

As I said, 205/50 will work, just get out the fender roller.

Comment

225 will work with a basic/flat fender roll in the back. 215 shouldn't need anything to fit.

If it were me I'd just go with the 215/45 Kumho XS. Bargain in that size.
                    215.45.16 has basically no choices at all. Could I get away with a 215.40.16 or 225.40.16?

Comment

ok thanx for the help. ill stick with et15 and space out accordingly. can always space out but cant space back.

Comment

215.45.16 has basically no choices at all. Could I get away with a 215.40.16 or 225.40.16?
                        Sure, but you'll have a bunch of space in your fenders and the speedo will be even more off.

One of the fastest tires made today is $94 in 215/45. Not sure what else you're looking for. Even if your plan isn't track days, at that price, just enjoy the things daily.

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rob View Post
                          Gonna be running 16x8 et30 w 205/40 and 16x9 et 19 with 215/40 on my e30

was thinkin 20mm spacers for the front and 10mm spacers for the back leaving me et 10 up front on the 8 and et9 out back on the 9. Fenders already rolled. This sound about right?
                          Nice!
                          So i guess i got my numbers about right then?
                          Need Custom spacers and adapters?

PM for information

Comment

Sure, but you'll have a bunch of space in your fenders and the speedo will be even more off.

One of the fastest tires made today is $94 in 215/45. Not sure what else you're looking for. Even if your plan isn't track days, at that price, just enjoy the things daily.
                            I understand that but a 100 dollar tire with 180 treadwear for just driving around? What a waste of a tire. I am looking for good handling and I know my way around tire compounds and tire performance. I haven't driven an XS yet but it just seems like a big waste.

Thanks for the fitment help.

Fender roll in the rear is all that is needed to fit 225.45.16 though? That size is almost down to the tenth the exact same size as stock in terms of rolling diameter and will keep the speedo damn near perfect from the calculators I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rob View Post
                              So i guess i got my numbers about right then?
                              Yeah sorry. I get excited when people are dead-on like that, I forget to explain myself. :p

Comment

I understand that but a 100 dollar tire with 180 treadwear for just driving around? What a waste of a tire. I am looking for good handling and I know my way around tire compounds and tire performance. I haven't driven an XS yet but it just seems like a big waste.

Thanks for the fitment help.

Fender roll in the rear is all that is needed to fit 225.45.16 though? That size is almost down to the tenth the exact same size as stock in terms of rolling diameter and will keep the speedo damn near perfect from the calculators I checked.
                                Yup, 225/45 is a good size. Not many tires there either though.

Comment

Working...
                                X