Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I was tossing around another potentially bad idea.
    Found some 16x9.5 wheels that are et 29 F and et 22 R.
    Thinking the front with clearance issues can be remedied with different barrels since they are 3 piece. If I went a half inch less (4.25) up front to make them roughly et 23 on a 9" wheel what issues would I have?

Comment

For a late 88 model e30 touring.

Wheels-
      16x9.5 +12 in the rear
      16x8.5 +14 up front

For tires am thinking 215/40/16 toyo t1r's. would like a bit more profile like a 215/45 but options for that size are limited. Sound good?
      E30 325i Touring currently under construction.
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...256444&page=20
      sigpic

Comment

Hey I was just talking to guy who will give me some pretty sick 560sel bbs's for 150 bucks. Is there anyway I can make these fit?

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Looks like the hub bore is 66.5 and the bolt pattern is 5x112.

Comment

When I heard about you, my first instinct was to pm you and then I found your thread, so if this is where you answer then I'll just post up here as well.

So I just spoke with Levent asking his opinion on a setup for some wheels I just picked up and after a couple minutes of bullshitting he dropped your name and said you were the guru to ask. So I just picked up a crazy weird set of BBS RS131's, but the price was killer so I couldn't resist.

I'll start with the car.
          Right now I'm driving a 1987 BMW 325e. The car is currently on custom coilovers made by a company called Broadway Static. I'm running 5" swift springs.

So the wheels I just picked up are BBS RS131's. They're Porsche fitment so they're 5x130 and I currently have a set of 4x100-5x130 20mm adapters.

So these are the original specs of the wheels. They came from a Porsche 928S.
          16x8.5 et56
          Centerbore: 71.6

Now the wheels have been rebuilt at some point so the wheels are now:
          Front: 16x9 (1" lip, 8" barrel)
          Rear: 16x10.5 (2.5" lip, 8" barrel)

I currently have brand new Falken 512's mounted on the front (205/40/R16).

My real issue is finding a tire that will fit the rear wheels and still allow me to be low while sitting properly in the rear fender well. The guy I bought the wheels from was insane and had 205/40's on the rears as well.

I still want to run stretched tires, so I was thinking of putting 225/40's on the rears, but again, I'm not sure what size tire to run.

My next question is making the wheels sit well with the fender. I want the typical low stance with my lips poking just outside or a little flush with my rolled fenders. I'm not sure what size spacer to run considering the wheels have been rebuilt and now I'm not sure what the new offsets are.

Sorry this was such a long story. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comment

I might be stupid for even considering this but would 16x10 all around be possible with just a pull and some camber? They would be either et0 or et12. The car is an 87 on modified d2 coils so its loww
            Last edited by SlammedSedan; 11-13-2012, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Hey i have a set of borbet type t's 15x7 et 35. Im wondering the best tire size. was thinking 205/50/15 but im not 100% if this is the nicest fit for the rims?

91' Alpine II 318is Slick top - Totaled
              89' Lachssilber 325is - :p

Comment

Originally posted by 360e30 View Post
                I dont know if i would want them poking out of the sides. Whats the best offset and width for a wheel in a 16 or 17. My car is pretty low. Id like just a flush look, no crazy camber.
                Offset depends on width, but for up to 8" wide setups +15 to +20 works as a rough guide.

Comment

Originally posted by mgromero View Post
                  Thanks for the quick answer.

I need at least 5mm to clear the calipers from touching the inner part of the rim.

Doing that will make the wheel hang only by the lugs. As a sidenote this particular rim have the exact hubsize as the E30.

So... I think I need a 5mm spacer with the centering ring incorporated.

I am right? Where can I find that type of spacer?
                  Those wheels will NOT look good at all without the 20mm spacers all around. They will look like temporary spares, don't do it. There are no 5mm spacers with hubcentric lips.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbotalon92 View Post
                    Appears all answers can be had here!

87 325is and looking at the SSR 16" MS3R front and rear. BC Coilovers.

Looking for recommended F&R widths, offset to clear stock brakes and fenders (prefer not to roll fenders but as far out as possible with a lip), along with reco tire sizes. Also they offer NR and SL for an option? Love some knowledge about this and what is recommended here also. Thanks all!
                    Are they custom wheels or what? What sort of fitment are you looking for, stretch tires or no? NR and SL are SSR terminology ask them.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSwag View Post
                      will 16x9 et12 w/15mm 4-100 to 5-120 adapters fit the early model arches and what tire profile should i use?
                      They'll be poking quite a bit, but could work with 195/45 or 205/45 and fender rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by CW325 View Post
                        Will 16x7 et 20 205/50 clear early model fenders without a roll on a slightly lowered car?

Edit nvm did some searching and look like it will clear.
                        With acres left.

Comment

Originally posted by Let It Rust View Post
                          Ok I was tossing around another potentially bad idea.
                          Found some 16x9.5 wheels that are et 29 F and et 22 R.
                          Thinking the front with clearance issues can be remedied with different barrels since they are 3 piece. If I went a half inch less (4.25) up front to make them roughly et 23 on a 9" wheel what issues would I have?
                          You'll still need a 12-15mm front spacer to clear the inside and the rears will be VERY close to the trailing arm. I'd actually love to know if those rears bolt up without spacers, it'd be a useful data point.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwandhonda View Post
                            For a late 88 model e30 touring.

Wheels-
                            16x9.5 +12 in the rear
                            16x8.5 +14 up front

For tires am thinking 215/40/16 toyo t1r's. would like a bit more profile like a 215/45 but options for that size are limited. Sound good?
                            Very nice. I agree, I prefer 205/45 or 215/45 to give you some oil pan clearance but if you're careful and not absolutely slammed 215/40 works.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyOg View Post
                              Hey I was just talking to guy who will give me some pretty sick 560sel bbs's for 150 bucks. Is there anyway I can make these fit?

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Looks like the hub bore is 66.5 and the bolt pattern is 5x112.
                              Sure. 18-20mm adapters and 195/50 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by seven-57 View Post
                                When I heard about you, my first instinct was to pm you and then I found your thread, so if this is where you answer then I'll just post up here as well.

So I just spoke with Levent asking his opinion on a setup for some wheels I just picked up and after a couple minutes of bullshitting he dropped your name and said you were the guru to ask. So I just picked up a crazy weird set of BBS RS131's, but the price was killer so I couldn't resist.

I'll start with the car.
                                Right now I'm driving a 1987 BMW 325e. The car is currently on custom coilovers made by a company called Broadway Static. I'm running 5" swift springs.

So the wheels I just picked up are BBS RS131's. They're Porsche fitment so they're 5x130 and I currently have a set of 4x100-5x130 20mm adapters.

So these are the original specs of the wheels. They came from a Porsche 928S.
                                16x8.5 et56
                                Centerbore: 71.6

Now the wheels have been rebuilt at some point so the wheels are now:
                                Front: 16x9 (1" lip, 8" barrel)
                                Rear: 16x10.5 (2.5" lip, 8" barrel)

I currently have brand new Falken 512's mounted on the front (205/40/R16).

My real issue is finding a tire that will fit the rear wheels and still allow me to be low while sitting properly in the rear fender well. The guy I bought the wheels from was insane and had 205/40's on the rears as well.

I still want to run stretched tires, so I was thinking of putting 225/40's on the rears, but again, I'm not sure what size tire to run.

My next question is making the wheels sit well with the fender. I want the typical low stance with my lips poking just outside or a little flush with my rolled fenders. I'm not sure what size spacer to run considering the wheels have been rebuilt and now I'm not sure what the new offsets are.

Sorry this was such a long story. Thanks for any help you can give me.
                                Answered your PM before I came here.

Comment

Working...
                                X