Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 cab. redrilled style 4's 16 x 8. I believe these are et23. Does anyone have this wheel on an e30? I'm looking for tire sizes. Looks like 225/45/16 is the same diameter as stock but tire choices in this size are limited. Car is lowered about 40mm on struts. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Comment

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Great thread to reference for anyone rebuilding 3 piece wheels.

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

Tr Motorsport 15x8
        Will 225/45/15s fit?
        I have coilovers and a pretty stiff suspension. I am specifically looking at the BFGoodrich Rival tires.

Comment

BBS RC090 Fitment

BBS RC090 (Style 5 type):

- Filled and Redrilled to 4x100 via blank plate welding
          - Center Bore: 57.1mm
          - Size: 17x8 ET0 Square Set
          - Tires: Federal
          - Tire Size: 195/40 R17

How will this fit a '92 convertible? The car is currently stock, but H&R Springs and Bilstein shocks might be added in the future. What kind of spacers would be needed to achieve a factory fitment flush with the fenders? (I don't want excess poke) Would fender rolling be necessary?

Thanks for your help!
          Last edited by DMSBimmer; 05-11-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
            IX stock suspension
            15x7 et25
            15mm spacer

what tire size should I run 225/55/15 (would like to go with this), 215/55/15, 225/50/15 or 205/55/15?
            I went with a 205/55/15.

I think the rear needs moving out more. what do you think and what size spacers do I need?

Comment

Hey, to clear 245/45r16 up front on a 16x8, what offset would I need? I have 16x8/9 et25. Pretty sure I'll be okay out back, but worried about the front. Bought a 3mm spacer just in case it doesn't clear the strut. Fenders are rolled. Thanks!

RIP 02/25/15
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...16#post4356816

Comment

(Cross-posted in Suspension)

I recently picked up the convertible below. (build thread in my sig). They have YellowSpeed coilovers (http://www.amazon.com/1982-92-3-SERI.../dp/B005CZL9LC) that came on the car and are currently set to all the way down. I purchased the wheels pictured with tires and got them on the car this week. They seem to rub pretty much any time I even look at the steering wheel. Rubbing os on the fender liner more than on the metal of the wheel arch.

Specs: 17x7.5" et18mm 4x100, tires are 215/45/17.

I am not set on keeping the coilovers but am not opposed to raising them up a bit. Alternatively, I was thinking about the H&R cup kit for the convertible (http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-43...FWgF7AodkW8A0A)

Obviously raising the coilovers should fix any complications with the wheel arch but my mental calculation is failing me on whether or not that will impact (positively) whether the tires rub on the fender liners.

If raising them up is an option I still might just sell the coilovers and convert to the Cup kit.

Thoughts on how raising the coilovers might impact the contact with the fender liners?
                Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Hello again, request your assistance please w/ the following dimensions. Would there be any adjustment needed to fit this width?

f: 15x9 -14
                  r: 15x9.5 -21
                  My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
                  1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
                  IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
                  1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by jtparts View Post
                    92 cab. Redrilled style 4's 16 x 8. I believe these are et23. Does anyone have this wheel on an e30? I'm looking for tire sizes. Looks like 225/45/16 is the same diameter as stock but tire choices in this size are limited. Car is lowered about 40mm on struts. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sent from my kftt using tapatalk
                    225/45, 215/45, 205/50

Comment

Originally posted by cocofunk View Post
                      Tr Motorsport 15x8
                      Will 225/45/15s fit?
                      I have coilovers and a pretty stiff suspension. I am specifically looking at the BFGoodrich Rival tires.
                      Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by DMSBimmer View Post
                        BBS RC090 (Style 5 type):

- Filled and Redrilled to 4x100 via blank plate welding
                        - Center Bore: 57.1mm
                        - Size: 17x8 ET0 Square Set
                        - Tires: Federal
                        - Tire Size: 195/40 R17

How will this fit a '92 convertible? The car is currently stock, but H&R Springs and Bilstein shocks might be added in the future. What kind of spacers would be needed to achieve a factory fitment flush with the fenders? (I don't want excess poke) Would fender rolling be necessary?

Thanks for your help!
                        No spacers, it's already very aggressive. Fender roll front and rear, and you might still rub in the rear without coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
                          I went with a 205/55/15.

I think the rear needs moving out more. what do you think and what size spacers do I need?
                          iX's will always look sunken in the back unless you trim/roll/cut the metal under the flare. If you do that, then a 10-15mm can work.

Comment

Originally posted by THEhomelessONE View Post
                            Hey, to clear 245/45r16 up front on a 16x8, what offset would I need? I have 16x8/9 et25. Pretty sure I'll be okay out back, but worried about the front. Bought a 3mm spacer just in case it doesn't clear the strut. Fenders are rolled. Thanks!
                            +18 or so. Wouldn't clear the fender though...

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
                              (Cross-posted in Suspension)
                              You just have the wrong tire size on. Buy 205/40/17s, done.

Comment

Originally posted by keefy6 View Post
                                Hello again, request your assistance please w/ the following dimensions. Would there be any adjustment needed to fit this width?

f: 15x9 -14
                                r: 15x9.5 -21
                                Those don't fit at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X