Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment T...

Late model e30
    Front size: 17x9 - 38mm offset
    Rear size: 17x10 - 31mm offset

I'll need adapters since the wheels are 5 lug. Not looking for crazy poke.

Offset/adapter and tire recommendation?
    Last edited by dannyyisntt; 03-28-2014, 05:06 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

1986 4 door 325
      Lowered on Eibach springs. (1.6" front, 1.4" rear)
      Wilwood BBK with 334mm rotors.
      17 x 8.5 et30 for front
      17 x 10 et20 for rear

all good to clear the BBK (I am actually checking more with the brake company as well)? tire suggestion? flush or more aggressive with stock fenders? and need to roll fenders or probably not low enough for that?

Also, do you have a PayPal or something, because I think you need some donations after 500 pages of responses?

Thanks man!

Comment

Hey, I'm looking for a solid recommendation for stock 14in weaves. It seems like the options are very limited. I don't need it to be the stock size per se, but I want to avoid stretch and am looking for a well performing tire.

Comment

Originally posted by kcb83 View Post
          Also, do you have a PayPal or something, because I think you need some donations after 500 pages of responses?

Thanks man!
          It only shows 185 pages on my end..
          Originally posted by IRON-E
          Yeah, you're definitely a vw

Comment

16x8 ET20 front, 16x9 ET15 Rear. Late E30, GE Coils, fenders rolled flat up front, and decently rolled in the rear.

Thinking 205/50/16 Front, 225/45/16 Rear, based on what people are saying here on r3v.

Not a fan of a lot of stretch... For the front, I'd like somewhere between perfectly square sidewalls, and slightly less stretch than the rears are going to have.

I'm not sure if a 225 on an 8" wheel will be bulged or not. I can't find anything on how wide either of the tires I'm considering run, but my friend's 8" front Msystems have the slightest stretch to them, but I've seen lots of stretched and bulged pictures of supposed 16x8 with 225/45.

Tire options are between Falken FK-452's and Direzza ZII's depending on if I can squeeze the extra $200 out soon.

Any opinions on 205's vs 225's on the front?
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

These wheels on an E30 M3:

17x8 et20 Style 32's all around. Is this a proper fitment on an E30 M3?

Thanks

Comment

Hey guys I'm gonna be running some 16x9's et 15 with 205/45 tires I'm lowered on catuned coilovers I was wondering what size spacers I should run because I want some poke thanks here's a pic of my e30
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Joev253 View Post
                  Hey guys I'm gonna be running some 16x9's et 15 with 205/45 tires I'm lowered on catuned coilovers I was wondering what size spacers I should run because I want some poke thanks here's a pic of my e30
                  From where your wheels sit now how far out do you want to poke?
                  Originally posted by IRON-E
                  Yeah, you're definitely a vw

Comment

Originally posted by Scruggs View Post
                    Thanks mystikal, for sharing your wisdom, sorry if I leave any important info out, I'm new to this. I'm looking to get staggered borbet type a's (16x7.5 et15 in the front/16x9 et20 rears) for my 91 vert. I'm about to go through the suspension, and will probably go with billy sports and h&r springs for about a 1 1/4 inch drop. My question is what tires and spacers should I run to fill everything out nicely? (I don't mind rolling my fenders a little, and I am not a fan of stretch)
                    You won't need spacers, those wheels are perfect for an E30. I have a hunch you got the offsets reversed though, as the fronts came in +20 and the rears +15 (unless you're looking at replicas, then ignore this). Confirm that and I'll let you know what tires to run.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
                      Late model e30
                      Front size: 17x9 - 38mm offset
                      Rear size: 17x10 - 31mm offset

I'll need adapters since the wheels are 5 lug. Not looking for crazy poke.

Offset/adapter and tire recommendation?
                      You will have very crazy poke. The smallest adapters are ~18mm, putting you at +13 for the rears. Much to aggressive for a late model.

Comment

Originally posted by kcb83 View Post
                        1986 4 door 325
                        Lowered on Eibach springs. (1.6" front, 1.4" rear)
                        Wilwood BBK with 334mm rotors.
                        17 x 8.5 et30 for front
                        17 x 10 et20 for rear

all good to clear the BBK (I am actually checking more with the brake company as well)? tire suggestion? flush or more aggressive with stock fenders? and need to roll fenders or probably not low enough for that?

Thanks man!
                        Yes, see if the brake manufacturer has .pdf caliper drafts. They sometimes do this so you can print it off and try to see if it works (or send to a wheel vendor to try before you buy). Otherwise wheel data does not correlate to caliper clearance in any way.

It will be very aggressive in the rear, with the rim slightly poking from the fenders. 225/35/17 is the size people run with that wheel. Definitely needs a rear roll, it's a pretty extreme fitment. The fronts could use 15mm spacers and 205/40 tires.

I do this for the love of stance, but thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by elbrack View Post
                          hey, i'm looking for a solid recommendation for stock 14in weaves. It seems like the options are very limited. I don't need it to be the stock size per se, but i want to avoid stretch and am looking for a well performing tire.
                          195/60/14

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                            16x8 ET20 front, 16x9 ET15 Rear. Late E30, GE Coils, fenders rolled flat up front, and decently rolled in the rear.

Thinking 205/50/16 Front, 225/45/16 Rear, based on what people are saying here on r3v.

Not a fan of a lot of stretch... For the front, I'd like somewhere between perfectly square sidewalls, and slightly less stretch than the rears are going to have.

I'm not sure if a 225 on an 8" wheel will be bulged or not. I can't find anything on how wide either of the tires I'm considering run, but my friend's 8" front Msystems have the slightest stretch to them, but I've seen lots of stretched and bulged pictures of supposed 16x8 with 225/45.

Tire options are between Falken FK-452's and Direzza ZII's depending on if I can squeeze the extra $200 out soon.

Any opinions on 205's vs 225's on the front?
                            I have yet to see 16x9 +15 225/45 work without rubbing, but it looks like you have the right combination for it to work (coilover spring rates and a high ride height). It might just work, but you will be limited in how low you can go. I'd go for 205/50 fronts to match.

Comment

Originally posted by gills View Post
                              These wheels on an E30 M3:

17x8 et20 Style 32's all around. Is this a proper fitment on an E30 M3?

Thanks
                              Yup, those fit an M3 fine. 215/40 or 235/40 tires.

Comment

Thanks Jay!
                                Originally posted by priapism
                                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                                Originally posted by shameson
                                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                                X