Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay, what's a decent tire in 205/50/16 that doesn't have a super tall sidewall? I've got 204/45 Federals right now, and I really don't like them much, plus it's getting close to time for new tires. Along with that, I'd like to fill my wheel wells a tad more with the correct size, but the 205/50 Feds I had on there before looked gargantuan. What do you recommend? The looks of a tire are important to me. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by funcrew View Post
      Jay,

When test-fitting my new Konig Flatout 15X8 ET25 and BFG Rival 225-45-15 they rub on my '91 325i OEM front struts. Didn't expect that from this combo.

How can I tell what size spacers I need? Are cheap spacers OK, or if not, who should I source them from? Any help would be appreciated.
      Yeah, +25 is too much for a 15x8. 5mm universal spacers with longer bolts are what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by elcoy View Post
        Will TRM Motorsport 15x8 with Hoosier 225/50ZR15 fit on a 91 325is with bilstein sports and GC coilovers?

Comment

Originally posted by Jand3rson View Post
          Jay, what's a decent tire in 205/50/16 that doesn't have a super tall sidewall? I've got 204/45 Federals right now, and I really don't like them much, plus it's getting close to time for new tires. Along with that, I'd like to fill my wheel wells a tad more with the correct size, but the 205/50 Feds I had on there before looked gargantuan. What do you recommend? The looks of a tire are important to me. Thanks!
          215/45. Tire sidewall height varies very little brand to brand, it's the section and tread widths that are all over the board. The 215/45 will be right between those two tires in height though.

Comment

Thanks! Got a specific tire?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
              Yeah, +25 is too much for a 15x8. 5mm universal spacers with longer bolts are what you need.
              So would this same rim fit with a narrower tire, or still need spacers? Say, 195-205?
              Thanks
              sigpic
              Streetable poly mounts, trans mounts are here!
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=streetable
              '94 318i
              '07 335i
              '11 X5
              '89 325ic m30b35

Comment

Jay the master,
                how about a quick educated guess at this setup tyre and rim size etc?

I really like the stance on this

Comment

Will they fit / what tyre sizes to run on
                  - 15x8 ET20
                  OR
                  - 15x8 ET0

Any gaurd rolling / pulling necessary? I Currently run 15x7 ET15 with some of the guards rolled and haven't experienced any problems

Lowered on Koni adjustable struts and King competition springs.

Comment

Looking to purchase 16x8 Rota Grids but I don't want to run spacers, I need them to fit over the Ireland Engineering 310mm BBK.
                    What offset should I purchase?
                    et 20
                    et 10
                    et 0
                    Also what size tires should I run for the front and rear, I plan to run slicks

Comment

Originally posted by Jand3rson View Post
                      Thanks! Got a specific tire?
                      Finding anything that's still produced in our sizes is a victory in itself. Add www.onlinetires.com to the usual www.tirerack.com and www.discounttiredirect.com searches.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man the Visionary View Post
                        So would this same rim fit with a narrower tire, or still need spacers? Say, 195-205?
                        Thanks
                        Still needs spacers, the wheel itself will rub the struts. Will just clear with a 3mm though.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmaniac2 View Post
                          Jay the master,
                          how about a quick educated guess at this setup tyre and rim size etc?

I really like the stance on this
                          Hard to judge from the angle and stepped lips, but something like 16x8.5 +15 16x9.5 +15 would work wonderfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Terroth View Post
                            Will they fit / what tyre sizes to run on
                            - 15x8 ET20
                            OR
                            - 15x8 ET0

Any gaurd rolling / pulling necessary? I Currently run 15x7 ET15 with some of the guards rolled and haven't experienced any problems

Lowered on Koni adjustable struts and King competition springs.
                            +20. Run 205/50s and you'll clear for sure, with 225/45s you might need to roll a bit more depending on where you're at now.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy2400 View Post
                              Looking to purchase 16x8 Rota Grids but I don't want to run spacers, I need them to fit over the Ireland Engineering 310mm BBK.
                              What offset should I purchase?
                              et 20
                              et 10
                              et 0
                              Also what size tires should I run for the front and rear, I plan to run slicks
                              +20. 225/45/16. Needs a rear roll to work. Caliper clearance is a mystery.

Comment

What tires to run with staggered style 32 wheels 17x8 front (et 20)17x9 rear (et 26). With 20 mm adaptors.

Thanks!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X