Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Not a very good setup. You'll end up with lightweight, made to spec track wheels that are now so spaced out that you need to run stretched tires.
    What about a 5mm spacer?

Comment

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment T...

Originally Posted by aworthybrother

Hi,

Can i run 20mm adapter spacer with no rubbing? My fenders are not rolled.

(Ronal LS 16x7.5 5x120 et35)

Yes, but only with 205/45 tires.

Yes, but only with 205/45 tires.

Will 205/45 x 16 tires fill the fender gap on an early vert sitting on m3 springs? Thanks
      Last edited by aworthybrother; 08-07-2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Hello everybody! I've got a nice set of BBS Mahle's in the mail for me for my 1990 325. The specs are 15x7 et13.
        I'm looking at tire-rack and I can get the Dunlop Direzza ZII in 195/55 or 205/50 but the only high performance tire I can find in 205/55 is the Yokohama S drive.
        What do you guys recommend? Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks

Thanks
        Last edited by macinnis; 08-23-2014, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the help in advance.

I have a set of 3 pcs wheels and these are my options. I can change the inner barrel (would the second option be a better choice?

GC coilovers and pretty low, fine with rolling ect.

Front: E36 m3 front 5 lug swap
          Rear: 318ti

17x8.5 et13
          17x10 et 19

Or

17x8 et 13
          17x9 et 19

Comment

Exactly right. Use 3-series wheels with their high offsets with adapters.
            Originally posted by Steve Corbett View Post
            1989 325I Lowered on HR Sports with Bilstein Sports. Picked up a set of 4x100 to 5x120 18mm adapters. I have a couple of 5 series rims that I thought I could use, I added the 18mm instead of subtracting. So I am guessing they will be "Hella Flush" with a ET2? I am assuming most E36 rims will work, starting with around 40mm offset, then spacers netting about 20? Am I looking at this right?

Wanted to see how flush an E39 wheel fits, ET20 15X7 with 225/60R15 on BMW Style 29's w/ 4x100 to 5X120 18 mm adapters. A little too wide. Definitely not the right size tire, they are off my 7 series.
            sigpic
            Steve Corbett
            1983 528E Scrapped
            1983 528E Sold
            1984 745I
            1984 325E - Sold
            1989 325I Bronzit-Sold
            1989 325I Zinno
            1988 635CSI

Comment

Have some Borbet type A 16x9 +15, lowered on h&r race with bill stein sport
              I'm looking to 225/45/16. Will rub or not, and what spacers will recommend?
              Thanks
              If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.

Comment

I did 16x9 type b's, and I went with 215/40/16 all around. It was a stretched look, and overall diameter may have been slightly short, but I liked it.
                Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Comment

I have an 88 325ic that I'm looking to put snow tires on. Found a set of Mazda Miata stock steelies with tires on them that look interesting for the price, but, need to be sure the rims will fit my car. I think I've seen information somewhere indicating that rims from the Miata, and some VW cars will fit mine. Just want to be sure before I buy. They're from an early Miata based on pics I've seen of the car. The rims are four bolt 4X100's. I've attached a link to the sale posting.

Any information would be of real help.

Thanks!!

Comment

hi I have 16x9 klutch sl1 et20 on my 87 325e. they rubbing quite a bit on front caliper and strut, I've got 195/45/16 fitted at the moment. perhaps 5mm spacer for front and extended lug bolts? The rear is really tight with room would you suggest spacing it also?

cheers In advance

Comment

Im in the process of ordering custom 18x8.5 in the front and 18x10.5 in the rear to fit something like 245 & 295 tires on them with fender flares. All in preparation for an engine swap. However, the company is asking me how much clearance I have in terms of backspacing with my ground control coilovers. With lowered cars, theres issues clearing the spring/adjustment collar. Could anyone lowered with GC coilovers tell me how much backspace theyre running or how much clearance they have?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hey guys, so I want to fit some Varrstoen V1 4x100 16x8 +25 all around.
                        Going with Billy HD and probably H&R springs when I get them, as I have cut springs right now from previous owner lol. Thinking of that setup for daily driver, in Vancouver, BC but the roads are somewhat shitty.
                        Will I need spacers to mount them on? And has anyone else ran this setup?
                        Would I also need to roll my fenders? I'm hoping not to.

Thanks in advance!
                        Last edited by Winh; 08-21-2014, 11:48 PM.

Comment

I have a set of BBS RS 005 16" 5x120 et 11. I want to try them on my stock 1992 e30 cabrio with 4x100 lug pattern. What do I need in order to mount them?
                          Matt
                          McLean, VA

Comment

With a stock suspension on my 87' 325e will 15x7 bbs rz et 18 sit nicely with 42dd 18mm 4-to-5 lug adapters. Or should I look into getting them redrilled. Also what would be a good tire size. Thanks

^Copyright Audiwark^

Comment

Late model, Ge coils, linear springs, front perch cut, 17x9 et30 square setup, this 5 lug kit http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=330653 , which adds 12mm on the front and rear stays on e30 fitment. 245/40 tires.

Possible?

Comment

Can you hammer the shit out of the late rear inner fender bump or will it distort the quarter panels? My 16x8 +5 w/ 205/45 fits but rubs on the bump with passengers in the back.
                                91 318is - Gone
                                16 VW GTI
                                07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

Working...
                                X